Non Immi "b" Visa

Hi gang,

Am married to a Tha and applied for

an "o" but was granted a "B" (don't ask).

Anyway, it ceases Sept 2009 and is stamped

with "Extension of stay not permitted". Am I

screwed about an extension or are there options?

Don't really want to go back to Oz in September

as I need to go back this month.

Thanks for any advice.

Will

Don't worry about the stamp or the visa.

You can get an extension of stay based on ahving a Thai wife if you live together with your wife in Thailand and can show an income of 40,000 baht a month OR 400,000 baht in a bankaccount in Thailand in your name. The money has to be there for at least 2 months before applying for the extension.

In both cases the money has to be yours. An income from abroad has to be proven with a letter from your embassy, incoem from within Thailand with tax documents.

You can either apply for a re-netry permit, but then you have to return before Sept. 2009, or get a new visa in Oz.

Don't worry about the stamp or the visa.

You can get an extension of stay based on ahving a Thai wife if you live together with your wife in Thailand and can show an income of 40,000 baht a month OR 400,000 baht in a bankaccount in Thailand in your name. The money has to be there for at least 2 months before applying for the extension.

In both cases the money has to be yours. An income from abroad has to be proven with a letter from your embassy, incoem from within Thailand with tax documents.

You can either apply for a re-netry permit, but then you have to return before Sept. 2009, or get a new visa in Oz.

T%hanks for that mate.

I don't have a bank account so looks like

I'll be off to Bangkok to arrange a letter.

Regards

Will