Farang Vagrant In Pattaya

pedro01

I suspect I'm not the only person on the forum that's noticed this guy...

He's a farang, late 50's, tall & slim, gray hair & a kind of stetson hat.

He can be seen most nights asleep in the ATM next to the 7-11 on walking street. Can't remember which 7-11 but one of the last one's on beach road before you get to walking street.

He can always seen with a bottle in hand & no sign of a bath for months.

I also saw him on Walking Street at 8am Sunday morning 2 weeks ago. He was sipping a bottle of 50 baht wine & was sitting by the beach outside Starbucks. I was sitting upstairs with the wife & kid - this guy proceeds to get his c*ck out & piss in the bushes by the side of the road.

He's a pretty sad character - looks homeless, certainly alchoholic & more than likely close to his last days. I've been noticing him for the last 3 months.

Anyone know his story ? Haven't the local police cottoned onto him ? Surely he doesn't have a residents permit....

Erm... maybe you could talk to him...just a thought or would that be lowering yourself? Or on the other hand judging by your attitude maybe you should shop him to the police and have the little oik thrown in the poor house, fed gruel and beaten.

Speak to him ?

After him getting his dick out in front of my wife & kids - I'd prefer to keep a safe distance.

I'd put him on his arse if he did that in front of the wife. :o

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speak to him ? 

After him getting his dick out in front of my wife & kids - I'd prefer to keep a safe distance.

I see Thais do that everyday, you should stop the wife and kids standing around him, give the guy a little privacy. lol

LOL !

True - but not on Beach road on Sunday morning & they usually have the decency to turn away...

no really - there have always been wingnuts here in masse, but its really out of control now. its a vertiable freak show.

ive a friend, been here abouttenn years - he's named about 20-30 of them. really funny!

theres:

the rat

the toothbrush

dave the hat

oh - too mutt

the question is where is different? even lao is chock-a-block with annoying isreali and nearly equally annoying american backpackers.

Edited by h5n1

no really - there have always been wingnuts here in masse, but its really out of control now. its a vertiable freak show.

ive a friend, been here abouttenn years - he's named about 20-30 of them. really funny!

theres:

the rat

the toothbrush

dave the hat

oh - too mutt

the question is where is different? even lao is chock-a-block with annoying isreali and nearly equally annoying american backpackers.

...Wherever you go in the world you will find people who are down on their luck, eccentrics and the mentally handicapped...you may call them freaks but there but for the grace of god go you HN51...ooops sorry h5n1. :o

get off your lazy arse and help the poor old sod then!!!

you could start by getting the marigolds on and giving the place a clean...Its filthy in there!!

Once clean then maybe,just maybe you might be able to convince a few bgs in to pull the punters off the street....

The place is bloody empty all the time,which does not suprise me when you look in and see 2 grumpy man faces looking back at you!"

To lovethailandlongtime: I would help if I was in Thailand but I'm in Edinburgh, Scotland. Also I'm in a wheelchair. When we were in Pattaya just before Christmas my wife (Peter's daughter) spent half a day cleaning Peter's place. You seem to be very smart considering you are at the other end of a pc. I'll be back in Thailand later this year and maybe we could talk face to face re your concerns about Peter.

he.ll thats peter, hes alright for a few quid. his bar is just a hobby...

Peter is a great guy, known him for many years. Proper oddball character, but very self appionated. I'm afraid though, he's going downhill fast. No staff the last time i met him, and sure signs of flying over a cuckoos nest. But then he's 70 +, and works an 18 hour day. Not a lot he doesent know about Pattaya & its residents.

Thanks SEAtramp at least someone is sticking up for Peter. We know he's getting on a bit and is slightly eccentric but he would help anybody in trouble. It's hard to help him when we are in Scotland. Anyway thanks for the support. Why are there so many ###### farangs in Pattaya who look down their noses at people who may have run into some bad luck (present company excepted). Peter's family.

I have known peter for about 13 years, when he first moved into lek apartments at soi diana inn, then had his bar on third road, he is still the same guy he was 13 years ago, an obnoxious old git :o

I remember the times he would bring me a sandwich on a plate ordered at his 3rd road place, with his other hand up the crack of his ass scratching it, yeah i got to admit i dont order his sandwiches now...

couldnt he move back to crystal palace??? :D

Thanks SEAtramp at least someone is sticking up for Peter. We know he's getting on a bit and is slightly eccentric but he would help anybody in trouble.

Quadra..Sat in Petes place many times just to listen to some of legendary stories. The time he went back home & was given a tip for an horse and bought the Rolls out of the winnings (seen the photos) And his visa runs to Malaysia on the train, where he had porters load his cases of HP baked beans on board :o Was the only place in Pattaya that had them at the time. He makes all his ow chutneys, pickled onions etc. Eggs were always fresh jumbos bought at 6.30 in the morning.

Then his fresh orange juices, where he took your photo and placed it on the "Orange club board" (mines on there somewhere)

Always talked well of his family & friend Ginger. I was in his place the day you and your family arrived, he told me what a suprise that was for him.

He met my wife once, she was looking at his photo album of Frank Sinatra when he went to see him at the Albert Hall. My wife told him she was a Sinatra fan, he winked at me. Next time i went in he gave me three photos of Sinatra, he had had them framed to give to my wife as a present.

Great guy.

hmmmm, i was on the train one time the same time as peter, it was awfull, it made you realise how long 23 hours really is, its a real long time.....luckily he had to stay an extra day in penang, but its at times like that that you wonder whether its possible to kill urself by biting thru your own stomach and ripping your intestines apart, still the scars have healed up now so its not so bad :o

Thanks SEAtramp at least someone is sticking up for Peter. We know he's getting on a bit and is slightly eccentric but he would help anybody in trouble.

Quadra..Sat in Petes place many times just to listen to some of legendary stories. The time he went back home & was given a tip for an horse and bought the Rolls out of the winnings (seen the photos) And his visa runs to Malaysia on the train, where he had porters load his cases of HP baked beans on board :o Was the only place in Pattaya that had them at the time. He makes all his ow chutneys, pickled onions etc. Eggs were always fresh jumbos bought at 6.30 in the morning.

Then his fresh orange juices, where he took your photo and placed it on the "Orange club board" (mines on there somewhere)

Always talked well of his family & friend Ginger. I was in his place the day you and your family arrived, he told me what a suprise that was for him.

He met my wife once, she was looking at his photo album of Frank Sinatra when he went to see him at the Albert Hall. My wife told him she was a Sinatra fan, he winked at me. Next time i went in he gave me three photos of Sinatra, he had had them framed to give to my wife as a present.

Great guy.

SEAtramp: Peter also bought 3 Jags along with the Rolls and started and wedding car business here in Edinburgh which my wife runs for him while he stayed in Pattaya. Yes, he took our photo's also for his "Orange Club Board". When we were in Pattaya just before Christmas we would spend at least an hour every day in his bar before going on to one of the local bars. My wife was always encouraging Peter to clean his bar up but you know what he's like. He agrees but then seems to forget to do anything about it. I'm sure when we come back out to Pattaya later this year my wife will put him on the straight and narrow. Nice to talk with you even if it's only online. If you happen to see Peter soon send him our regards - Charlotte, Jim and Emma. Best wishes to you.

hmmmm, i was on the train one time the same time as peter, it was awfull, it made you realise how long 23 hours really is, its a real long time.....luckily he had to stay an extra day in penang, but its at times like that that you wonder whether its possible to kill urself by biting thru your own stomach and ripping your intestines apart, still the scars have healed up now so its not so bad :o

Pity you did'nt do a thorough job.

actually quadro, doesnt it make you wonder that petes bar is in a prime location yet he has no staff and has to close for each visa run, his bar is always empty, thats got to say something to you, a place in prime positition at the entrance to walking street. ppl really cannot be bothered to put up with him, sorry to be the one to break it to you but the old git is getting more obnoxious as each year passess..

actually quadro, doesnt it make you wonder that petes bar is in a prime location yet he has no staff and has to close for each visa run, his bar is always empty, thats got to say something to you, a place in prime positition at the entrance to walking street. ppl really cannot be bothered to put up with him, sorry to be the one to break it to you but the old git is getting more obnoxious as each year passess..

Crazy Dave: You're right what you say. I do'nt know the geography of Pattaya that well so could'nt say whether Peter's bar is in a prime location or not. As for visa run - dont know anything about that or what's involved. Obviously you must pass his place on a regular basis to know what his current situation is. Anyway, the bottom line is that I have to agree with you. So lets agree to stop slagging the old codger off. At the end of the day he seems to be happy with his lot so lets leave it at that.

There's no problem with this in Antartica... perhaps you'd be more comfortable there.... :o

Edited by sriracha john

pattaya fox: ive no issue with eccentrics and have often been labeled one myself. eccentrics add color to life, these people are just freaks - tatooed faces, dirty clothes... i saw a guy in a bar a few weeks ago ...he really was -no lie, mentally challanged. his iq was indeed below average. the girls took him for everything he had - i felt sorry for him a bit but he came to thailand so thats what he gets.

the word is out on the 'internets' - here they come!

'AnTARTica' sounds great...now if you could just point it out on a map. sure to be loads of tarts.

get off your lazy arse and help the poor old sod then!!!

you could start by getting the marigolds on and giving the place a clean...Its filthy in there!!

Once clean then maybe,just maybe you might be able to convince a few bgs in to pull the punters off the street....

The place is bloody empty all the time,which does not suprise me when you look in and see 2 grumpy man faces looking back at you!"

To lovethailandlongtime: I would help if I was in Thailand but I'm in Edinburgh, Scotland. Also I'm in a wheelchair. When we were in Pattaya just before Christmas my wife (Peter's daughter) spent half a day cleaning Peter's place. You seem to be very smart considering you are at the other end of a pc. I'll be back in Thailand later this year and maybe we could talk face to face re your concerns about Peter.

just an observation my old son...Please dont get the hump,but i was just saying what i thought and you cannot possibly argue on what was said....i genuinly hope he sorts himself out as i would never wish bad on any uk ex-pat!!!

good luck!!

h5n1

i saw a guy in a bar a few weeks ago ...he really was -no lie, mentally challanged. his iq was indeed below average. the girls took him for everything he had -

I'm in *SHOCK* Your telling me that there are girls in Pattaya that would take a mentally challanged guy for everything they had got !! And heres me thinking they only done it to guys that are members of MENSA. :o:D

Who know's the guy who always wears black , with a frickin big quaker's style black hat. I have been seeing this character for the last 15 or so years in Pattay , sometimes in Bangkok , always at night. Surrounded by young wenches.

Looks akin to Gene Simmons from Kiss without the make-up.

We nicknamed him " Crowman". Quite pleasant to chat to. Is he still knocking about ?

Edited by chonabot

Who know's the guy who always wears black , with a frickin big quaker's style black hat. I have been seeing this character for the last 15 or so years in Pattay

Funny enough this guy is the best friend of "Petes" son. Scottish always wears a load of gold around his neck. Looks like a Zorro version of Mr.T

I reckon Quadra will know him :o

Who know's the guy who always wears black , with a frickin big quaker's style black hat. I have been seeing this character for the last 15 or so years in Pattay

Funny enough this guy is the best friend of "Petes" son. Scottish always wears a load of gold around his neck. Looks like a Zorro version of Mr.T

I reckon Quadra will know him :o

SEAtramp and Chonabot

Yes I know him it's Vince. He has his own building company here in Scotland. He was in Pattaya last week and was planning on going on to Phuket to help with the rebuilding. Unfortunately while in Pattaya he went to hospital and discovered he may have cancer of the throat. He's now back in Scotland and is going into hospital today. Vince is a really nice guy so I wish him all the best.

Did it turn out that Aussies now need to return to Aus regularly to continue recieving their pensions? If so I can see alot more of these "vagrants" showing up on the streets in Thailand.

Ya know, when you look at alot of these old guys who are here for whatever reasons, its sad to think of them having to leave whats become home to them, and be sent back to wherever it is they came from where they'll no doubt feel almost as out of place as they did when they moved to Thailand. Look at Trink. I never did like his writing but it sounds like they guy's hurting for cash now, and could you really imagine someone like him being happy anywhere else?

I think thats one downside to expat life that doesn't get discussed much. Its possible to spend years building a life here only to have that all come to a crashing halt due to a buggered up visa run.

Oh well, price you pay ain't it?

cv

Look at Trink. I never did like his writing but it sounds like they guy's hurting for cash now, and could you really imagine someone like him being happy anywhere else?

What happened to B. Trink, he doesn't have his column anymore? :o

The Post dropped it over a year ago. He started publishing it online with a fee to read it ($12 a year I guess), but now its free. Don't have the URL, but if you do a search on trink in the forum I'm sure its there somewhere.

cv

Anyone seen the farang transvestite, swiss I think tall and thin, walks with a stick and wears leather shorts. What hair he has is dyed colourfully. Actually I am not sure if he really is a T/V maybe something else.

There is a hideous man with a large belly who used to sit/lie outside of Kasikorn Bank on Pattaya Tai, but he disappeared; there is always an Australian drop out hovering at the KTB ATM on Pattaya Klang. He is always tapping ATM users for a 'loan' of 100 baht.

There are so many 'dodgy' charachters in Pattaya, but that is part of the 'Pattaya Experience', it is precisely what I love about the place. I love the absolute seediness of society which mingles along side the pretentious, the nouveau riche, the sick and dying (of substance abuse), the diseased, the criminal, the reformed criminal and the downright dangerous.

Come to Pattaya and drop-out and/or die.

Wilson Steer