Retirement Extension At Nan

Does Nan Immigration Office still require a medical certificate for the yearly extension of my Non O visa on grounds of retirement?

Going by reports by members. Yes they do. They must be the only one :)

Hopefully someone will pop in and verify.

Does Nan Immigration Office still require a medical certificate for the yearly extension of my Non O visa on grounds of retirement?

Would appreciate some feed back if you are extending at Nan - I need to go thru the same proceedure in a few weeks myself.

Thanks

TV member weeGB posted some good stuff about his visit to Nan some months ago now.

I went from here in South Petchabun on 18th May. A 450km drive, it was around 3pm when I arrived in Nan so decided to drive straight to the Immigration office.

In and out in 35 mins with a retirement extension and single re-entry permit.

Yes the nice female immigration officer did ask for medical certificate.

I read about this on TV and collected one from our local polyclinic for 20 Baht.

Also they required two copies of all pages in passport!! & signed copies in her presence.

Letter from Bank a must and photocopies of pages in Bank book and book updated too.

Reminded me that money must be in Bank 3 months before next years application.

Also took me through 90 Day reporting and gave me office address in English & Thai for postal reporting.

As a long trip for me, stayed overnight in Nan and RTU next day.

Apart from a long drive, the last 90 km's through the hills! less hassle than Suan Plu and no waiting.

The Imm Officer informed that since the new regs for extensions/re-entry's they are processing on average 20 foreigners a month, well I suppose that's 20 less going to Suan Plu, is that making a big difference I wonder.

• 3 weeks later...

Completed my 1 year (retirement) extension of Non O visa & obtained re-entry permit at Nan so can now answer my own question. Yes, a medical certificate is indeed a requirement at Nan. The office was busy when I arrived. There was a queueing system- take one of the plastic numbers on the front desk. Waited 30 minutes before I was asked into the office. Young lady completed everything in 20 minutes. So if all your paperwork is in order there is no problem. Friendly & efficient. When I asked about the possibility of a new office in either Phetchabun or Phitsanulok I only received a shrug of the shoulders. So no news there. If staying overnight in Nan there are a number of bar/restaurants along the riverbank. Recommended.