Maxnet Latest Problems: Maxnet Answer

YouYouYou

Well, good news today for some of you out there, well sort of !

I went to my local office again today and also talked to a Phetchaburi rep last night. They BOTH accept there is a problem and the problem is now in the hands of the Bangkok office (as I was told by both parties). What exactly the 'problem' is ...I still don't know, but then they honestly don't know either in my local office. '2 more weeks' is now (as of today) 'one more week' ...let's see !

However, my good news :D :

After and hour and 5 mins of waiting patiently and being oh so 'jai yen' about it, I walked out of the office with a signed document by the manager that my bill has been waived for the entire period of 16th June to 15th July (my billing dates). :D

Yes, ZERO BAHT for the month. As I said, I had the documentation and proof etc., thus their only option was to back down, and yes they know there is a problem; they have admitted this. :D

So, to all you out there, if you are unhappy and have some proof of phone calls, engineer visits etc. you really can argue the point not to pay. But my opinion: be 'jai yen' about it, that seems to have worked for me.

Well, my contract with Maxnet is up on Aug 9th and so they still have some time to impress me (lol) and fix this mess ....if not, okay then I'm gone ...but hey I'll be gone with nearly 2 months of free 'garbage' internet, but then 'free is free' eh LOL.

Good luck to you all and your 1103 calls. :)

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having the same problems, which is a shame because my internet has been relatively faultless for 1.5 years.Went into the office and got total denials of problems, nobody else complaining etc..Then I got the "must be your computer" line but I asked them if it was my setup then why does everything work between 1am and 9am and then suddenly nothing.

Time to look for alternatives methinks, any recommendations ?

PS noticed new equipment in the office in boxes with Jasmine internet CO on them so can confirm what the other poster said about the takeover is true.

Right the help centre just called me back and solved the problem for me.

Change the DNS servers to prefered 202.69.137.137 alternate 202.69.137.138. I used to do this when port forwarding with a previous modem as well grrr.

It's essentially unusable at this point, 0.03 Mbits download for US sites, and this is on a 3 MB premier connection. Thai connections are faster than ever though.

I've noticed that not all US sites are experiencing slow connection speeds. Using speedtest.net, download speeds to DC and SF are around 2.4 mb/s, but download speed to Newark, DE is .03 mb/s. Unfortunately, I have remote work I need to do at the U of DE in Newark.

I have been able to coble together a work around which is a Remote Desktop connection to a workstation of mine sitting in Wisconsin. From there I initiate another remote connection to U of DE. Latency is killing response time, but at least I can get work done after a fashion. This also proves the problem is definitely the hop from Thailand to the US. Too bad I can't force a route from Thailand to DC and then to Newark.

For chuckles and grins, I called our local Maxnet technician. His repsonse, reboot my computer <grrr> :) .

I'm IT manager for several companies in Koh Samui and from my previous experience is TTT has the best lines all over here to international routes. The past months i getting always good speed to our webhosting and voip servers in the US, 5mbit at peak times to Vegas seems good to me with a 6mbit line in a pretty hard environment like an "end of the world" location here... We have E-Mail/SMS alerts on our hotspots and servers, pinged always from US to Thailand and we only have few minor issues and only for a short time of periods, they fixed automatically in some seconds or minutes.

So the reason I post is it might be true the problem was between BKK and Korat because in Samui we felt nothing about it.

About the DNS issues I reckon to use Opendns because the TTT DNS servers are always failing for us and the SMTP also had several issues and we need to use alternative ports as well.

The other usable connection for years was CAT telecom but the last weeks they also gone very slow, hopefully just a minor problem temporary. I had TOT line for 4 years before and the overseas internet was very slow and the pings are always out after 10s for a sec. This not a big issue for a normal user but the servers, hotspots, internet radios, voip calls and SSH tunnels are too sensitive and needed a reliable solution.

If possible the best way is to get a 6mbit line and share it with neighbours trough wifi (even for km-s with the right equipments) and share the costs of the higher package because the higher price gives you a different, not really used dedicated pool with good speed even daytime. This packages most people cant afford to pay it, they choose the cheap promotions packages or the famous premier 2-3mbit ones and the pool is full already.

514427599.png

514451980.png

Edited by gerazsolt

The issues I was having with DNS have now gone since 1-2 days, websites load as normal. I didn't change any settings either.

However my ping is not normal and very slow, resulting in awful lag in online games I have been playing since 1 year where I would normally never have issues.

This sucks.

Ok online games back to normal since around 6pm today. However some websites slow loading. But happier now.

Im having troble with Maxnet also, it was perfect for me up until about 2 days ago. I have premier 2mb package. Not far from khon kaen.

One thing I have noticed is that in my router, i was getting a gateway ip address in the 58.xxx.xxx.xxx range. Now Its 124.157.144.1 I tend to go into my router every couple of days to check attenuation when its raining and stuff. The 58 range gateway is gone.

Maybe they spilt a litre of coooooke in it :)

edit.

Im not wearing the DNS story one bit, none of the opendns servers have been blocked and are working normally. reverting back to tt&t's DNS servers has no effect.

My money is on the IIG being spannered or if your a tin foil hat wearer, perhaps TT&T really are skint and have been unable to pay their international bandwidth bill. Stranger things have happened.

Edited by Thaipwriter

Connections to Europe are still total shit. Worst ever since I got crapnet 13 months ago.

Reply from xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: bytes=32 time=302ms TTL=50

Request timed out.

Reply from xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: bytes=32 time=303ms TTL=50

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Reply from xxxxxxxxxxxxxx bytes=32 time=303ms TTL=50

^ Connections to America are rubbish also.

Thaivisa forum is flying, hosted in Singapore, I believe?

Correct, TV is hosted in Singapore.

But even though the bandwidth to Singapore is still rather good, latency is not. I used to get ping times of around 50 msec, now it's up to 200 msec or more...

Maxnet DNS servers are Down as can be seen from this output.

ipconfig /all

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : xxxxxxxxx

Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown

IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 1:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-24-8C-33-92-AF

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.2

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : fe80::224:8cff:fe33:92af%4

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1

fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1

fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1

Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 10 July 2009 12:16:46

Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 11 July 2009 12:16:46

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : fe80::ffff:ffff:fffd%5

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : C0-A8-01-02

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : fe80::5efe:192.168.1.2%2

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1

fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1

fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1

NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

If you change to open DNS you get no service.

If you check using network diagnostics it tells you the DNS servers can not be reached.

If you change to open DNS network check reports everything ok but you can not connect.

I have it being looked into by OPENDNS.

If they have a solution I will report back.

I am on Maxnet and using Open DNS without any problems in Chiang Mai.

And My Internet is working well Downloading at 315 KB/s as I type this.

Maxnet DNS servers are Down as can be seen from this output.

ipconfig /all

If you change to open DNS you get no service.

If you check using network diagnostics it tells you the DNS servers can not be reached.

If you change to open DNS network check reports everything ok but you can not connect.

I have it being looked into by OPENDNS.

If they have a solution I will report back.

Edited by Lordfoul

My 2 cents: Don’t change your computer settings, since TT&T MaxNET has some really serious problems whatever these are.

I am not a newbie and I have had the chance this morning to attack a 1.3 GB file with a download manager in North Carolina (US). In the past the download speed was a constant 230 KB/s with my 2 MB “Premier” subscription and now it varies from 2 to max. 27 KB/s at most. A 45 min. test didn’t bring better values. Links to central Europe are just as bad and the rain crap/excuse is nonsense.

My position is about 100 km south of Khon Kaen (North East). I changed last October from lousy TOT to this company and I now fear that this could be the prelude of future Internet experience in Thailand.

Though my lady was called in to the local office to sign some papers, you can imagine what I told her to do and will stay put until things get restored

...Though my lady was called in to the local office to sign some papers, you can imagine what I told her to do and will stay put until things get restored

My GF was contacted and told that we needed to sign papers as well. I asked what it was about and they told my gf it was for 'upgrades in the future'. I pointed out that when i was on Indy they upgraded from 3 meg to 4 meg and simply sent an SMS, then did the same again on Premier and bumped it from 2 meg to 3. No signing needed. They asked her to come and sign anyway and i told her feel free to pick up the paperwork but don't sign until we've read everything. At that point they said they were going to bring the paperwork to the house to be signed and I told her the same, they can bring the paperwork but I won't be signing until i've had a chance to go over it fully. They said they would be bringing it by the house the next day, but then just called and said it was all a big mistake, no paperwork to be signed at all... &lt;deleted&gt; is going on?

However, my good news :) :

After and hour and 5 mins of waiting patiently and being oh so 'jai yen' about it, I walked out of the office with a signed document by the manager that my bill has been waived for the entire period of 16th June to 15th July (my billing dates). :D

Yes, ZERO BAHT for the month. As I said, I had the documentation and proof etc., thus their only option was to back down, and yes they know there is a problem; they have admitted this. :D

Also I got several times a bill waived for 50% or 100%, don't be affraid of suggesting this to them, it helps them save their face :D

I learned it saves a whole lot of talking if you simply confront them with the facts on paper via a log you keep about downtime, speed and how they solve it etc.

I've made a log form for this and put it on the internet, everybody can print or download it from here

ttt.jpg

Please please understand at the moment I am downloading a torrent at 300 K bytes per second not Bits and uploading at 45 K Bytes not bits.

TTT DNS servers are down in my region. They have now come out with a partial fix. If I try open DNS or anything else no commands are recognised. I have also tried the australian services all work for a short time as theyare in your cache. I would like to no if people from variouse outher places have no problems on Maxnet what DNS servers you are using after running ipconfig /all my snapshot today is great but still no dns servers.

Could this be a coincident dont Know have people with more Knowledge than me looking into it.

I wonder why people on opendns from Chang Mia and Sumiri are report the same problems. On the open dns forum.

At the moment if you live in my area wether you are being coned into paying more for premiar or not I get better Download speeds using Indy. 65% of the time.

Please try ipconfig /all and report what DNS server you are using.

Tested indy and premier speeds

Indy download 9kb/s international, local 432kb/s

Premier download 134kb/s International, local 231kb/s

At the same time. Or minutes apart its a snap shot.

Same as me I can prove anything with statistics. Maxnet have a problem thats it I just wonder if all the other providers in thailand have lost there DNS servers If so then its Big Brother. If not then its a Maxnet problem.

Anyway today is good until it rains then nothing. Cant tell me its my cables or home because they installed it all. Ha Ha.

Edited by tomo22

I really don't understand Why mine works so well, and so many others don't. Chiang Mai isn't exactly the internet hub of Thailand

I think it depends on the type of traffic and the destination. East coast US and Europe seem to be most affected based on some reports here.

When it all started mine was working fine too, then it finally hit me. Let's hope you can keep your connection running as long as possible.

Same time, the Indy service was whilst I was at a restaurant 100m from my house off the same DSL extender as my house off Premier, which I had remote access to and ran the test on the Premier Service.

Opendns works on my premier service but not the Indy service.

Just dropped in my letter box was the attached too, looks good speed, but wonder about the international bandwidth at the price.

post-4090-1247300894_thumb.jpg

For most people ipconfig /all will only show their router as their DNS server, so that really doesn't mean anything.

Also while DNS problems can cause web pages to load slow or not at all, it won't affect speed tests as your traffic doesn't go though the DNS server.

Maxnet as a whole is not Blocking Open DNS as mine works. However it is possible it is being blocked by your local office.

Please please understand at the moment I am downloading a torrent at 300 K bytes per second not Bits and uploading at 45 K Bytes not bits.

TTT DNS servers are down in my region. They have now come out with a partial fix. If I try open DNS or anything else no commands are recognised. I have also tried the australian services all work for a short time as theyare in your cache. I would like to no if people from variouse outher places have no problems on Maxnet what DNS servers you are using after running ipconfig /all my snapshot today is great but still no dns servers.

Could this be a coincident dont Know have people with more Knowledge than me looking into it.

I wonder why people on opendns from Chang Mia and Sumiri are report the same problems. On the open dns forum.

At the moment if you live in my area wether you are being coned into paying more for premiar or not I get better Download speeds using Indy. 65% of the time.

Please try ipconfig /all and report what DNS server you are using.

Hey, 6 more days and counting untill all our problems are solved :D

Lol ...2 engineers came to my house last night about 7.00PM (a couple of hours after the manager waived my bill for the month). I said, "What are you doing here?" ..."No idea, but the manager said change the router". (the engineers last week already ascertained there was nothing wrong with my router). So they did, and LOL LOL ..the new router they gave me didn't work LOL ...Them and me had a real good laugh about this. So they called the manager: "Give the customer your router" (the one they use for testing). Engineers also kept muttering 'banhaa thii krungthep', and I reckon they're right. So I now have 'their router' and you guessed it ... no difference whatsoever, at all, nothing LOL. :D

Classic kneejerk reaction to a problem ...Maxnet's head is spinning and I reckon between the lot of them outside the 'big power' Bangkok office, they have no idea what is actually going on ...thus how can you solve a problem if you don't know what the problem is?

Ahh well, keep counting, 6 more days ...maybe marshons are arriving on the 16th at midnight and will zap the internet with thier ray guns to fix it ...just an idea.

Good luck to you all, and your bill waivers, and your 1103 calls. :)

P.S. this problem in sum is affecting some users in many parts of the country on inday and premier: e.g. Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Isan, and me West of BKK oh such a tiny bit ...must be BKK at the source of this all eh?

Same time, the Indy service was whilst I was at a restaurant 100m from my house off the same DSL extender as my house off Premier, which I had remote access to and ran the test on the Premier Service.

Opendns works on my premier service but not the Indy service.

Just dropped in my letter box was the attached too, looks good speed, but wonder about the international bandwidth at the price.

Thanks for a 4 plus me copy of a leaflet. :)

Please tell me the The dns servers you are using for Maxnet Premier Service. If you are using open dns just remove there setting and tell us the IP address of the primary and secondary Maxnet DNS servers.

It would help a lot of people out.

Maybe it is just a local problem in the Noth east area I doubt it if you check the OPENDNS site.

Just get to your comand prompt and Type ipconfig /all >ipconfig.txt

Then you can find the text file under your document.

Then run

nslookup www.opendns.com. 208.67.222.222 >nslookup www.opendns 208.txt

nslookup www.opendns.com. >nslookup www.opendns.txt

nslookup -type=txt which.opendns.com >nslookup -type=txt which.opendns.txt

And post the otputs.

Good if you can do using Maxnet servers as well as opendns servers it would help a lot in finding out what is actualy going on.

You tell me your results from your tests are at the same time yes I agree close but your only proper test is to upload and download over a longer time as I said a snap shot. If ten people have Indy and twenty have premier who do you think wins.

It is all relative.Very happy at moment now downloading at 300k and uploading at 650 and that Indy on a torrent fantastic service. Dont you think.

P.S. I am not trying to have an argument I just want to se what results can be properly verified.

For most people ipconfig /all will only show their router as their DNS server, so that really doesn't mean anything.

Also while DNS problems can cause web pages to load slow or not at all, it won't affect speed tests as your traffic doesn't go though the DNS server.

Maxnet as a whole is not Blocking Open DNS as mine works. However it is possible it is being blocked by your local office.

Where do you live maybe it is a local problem In Chang Mai Korat Etc. Ipconfig /all if you have all your default settings would tell you your DNS server.

However this is not normal. Now it refers to your Gateway address.

Not like that before Maxnet DNS servers where

maxnet

These do not work.

I would be obliged if you would do the tests I have asked for in my response to a previouse person. Then maybe I can get some people with a better understanding to advise us all.

Thanks any assistance greatly appreciated.

Well when my connection was upgraded to 3Mb (Premier) about 11 days ago, I instantly was getting speeds of around 320KBs. Later in the day I noticed wide speed fluctuations averaging about 250KBs.

When I was on 2MB (for about 14 months) I could max my connection out at any time at around 215KBs with out any speed drops. For the past 48 hours I have been able to get a steady 300KBs any time I have checked.

I don't rely on speedtest as nearly everything i do on the internet uses multiple connections and speed test is just a point to point test.

I download from a newsgroup to get a more accurate picture of my speed.

& connections to a US server and 3 to an EU server (eu server is always slower).

I just did a tracert to see where these server are and the US is in San Jose (California US) and the EU server is in Amsterdam. Oddly to get to the Amsterdam sever I am routed through the US first and then on to Europe.

For the most part I am able to watch live streams well also such as http://www.justin.tv/hd720p2 which is pretty high quality for a stream.

I really don't understand Why mine works so well, and so many others don't. Chiang Mai isn't exactly the internet hub of Thailand

I think it depends on the type of traffic and the destination. East coast US and Europe seem to be most affected based on some reports here.

When it all started mine was working fine too, then it finally hit me. Let's hope you can keep your connection running as long as possible.