Thai Visa For Permanent Resident

Hi there, I am a holder of HKSAR passport and my husband is a holder of Malaysian certificate of Identity(Permanent Resident), however not passport holder. I understand that I can enter Thailand without a visa, and I am planning to come to Thailand with my husband for pleasure for about 5 days. We both live in Sabah, Malaysia and there is no Thai Embassy but the nearest is at Kuala Lumper, Malaysia. If we don't want to fly to Kuala Lumper to get a visa done for my husband's CI, then is it possible for my husband to get a tourist visa on arrival at Bangkok airport? Is there anyway to get a visa by not flying to KL? How about by courier service, does it work? Please kindly advise me. Thank you.

Hi there, I am a holder of HKSAR passport and my husband is a holder of Malaysian certificate of Identity(Permanent Resident), however not passport holder. I understand that I can enter Thailand without a visa, and I am planning to come to Thailand with my husband for pleasure for about 5 days. We both live in Sabah, Malaysia and there is no Thai Embassy but the nearest is at Kuala Lumper, Malaysia. If we don't want  to fly to Kuala Lumper to get a visa done for my husband's CI, then is it possible for my husband to get a tourist visa on arrival at Bangkok airport? Is there anyway to get a visa by not flying to KL? How about by courier service, does it work?  Please kindly advise me. Thank you.

The rules are that a CI holder needs a visa prior to entry. Use a courier to send the application to KL and provide a prepaid courier satchel for the return. I suspect they will require the application in duplicate with 4 passport photographs. They may want evidence of confirmed flights into, and out of Thailand. Giive 'em a call (03) 2148 8222

Hi there, I am a holder of HKSAR passport and my husband is a holder of Malaysian certificate of Identity(Permanent Resident), however not passport holder. I understand that I can enter Thailand without a visa, and I am planning to come to Thailand with my husband for pleasure for about 5 days. We both live in Sabah, Malaysia and there is no Thai Embassy but the nearest is at Kuala Lumper, Malaysia. If we don't want  to fly to Kuala Lumper to get a visa done for my husband's CI, then is it possible for my husband to get a tourist visa on arrival at Bangkok airport? Is there anyway to get a visa by not flying to KL? How about by courier service, does it work?  Please kindly advise me. Thank you.

The rules are that a CI holder needs a visa prior to entry. Use a courier to send the application to KL and provide a prepaid courier satchel for the return. I suspect they will require the application in duplicate with 4 passport photographs. They may want evidence of confirmed flights into, and out of Thailand. Giive 'em a call (03) 2148 8222

Thank you so much for your advice. I guess I should call to the number you have provided to get all the information adn courier to them with my husband's CI. BTW, I have also sent you an e-mail regarding this cos' I wan't sure I would be replied on this forum. Anyway, please disregard that e-mail and thank you very much again.