Thailand Live Friday 11 October 2024

3. 174

Why do retirees marry in Thailand ?

4. 73

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

5. 2

Afghan Man charged with Election day terror plot

6. 1

Double-Ten Retailer Promotions: 10-10 is a Chinese Holiday. So, why is this big DEAL here?

7. 0

93-Year-Old Woman Crawls into Sakae Krang River & is Missing While Daughter Sleeps

8. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

9. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

10. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

11. 7

Thailand triumphs in UN Human Rights council bid

12. 2

Donald Trump’s New Tax Promise: Eliminating Income Taxes for Americans Abroad

Bought A Motorbike .... Again

I have been so smart to buy a "bigger" motorbike again. First I bought a TW225e at Scott's shop but sale did not stick together with the promised Green Book (although the bike already had a license plate?) so the sale was canceld.

So now I bought a another Yamaha semi-off-the-road again. This time from that shop on Sai Sam. I forget the name, but its not far from the intersection with Klang (on your left hand).

Seems like a nice man and the bike is good, although it would have been nice to have had new brake-pads and oil & oil-filter. But never mind.

Of course the bike is imported in parts from Japan and put together here in Thailand. All seems orginal. So never mind that. I have seen the orginal import papers of the frame and enigine (numbers are correct).

But its now 2 months ago that I bought the bike and I am still waiting for Green Book & licence plate. Luckily I did not pay yet for that!

So my question is actaully is there any way of checking in Bangkok (where the new Green Book & license plate are requested) if there is really a request for a new Green Book?

I was this week at the Office of Transportation at Route 36 and saw a big motorbike there being tested for getting a license plate. Has anyone ever done the all project of getting a Green Book himself?

In the meanwhile I did find a good service shop at the new road along the rail-road. Coming from route 36 one drives until just after the building of the new high-way and then on your left hand side are some new green shop-houses. In the first shop-house is a new motorbike shop with a lot of new spare-parts , helmets and off-road cloths in stock. They can order from Red Baron or Padock and they have a good guy for motorbike maintanance. Seems more serious as I have seen in some other motorbike shops. Although I have to say Scott had some good guy's working for him also.

Chang Noi

If I read this right you have paid for the bike but not for the book ? If that is the case you have just bought a bike without a book. The chances are you are never going to get the book. You may have the import papers, which I think they need to get the book, but they do not tell you whether the bike is stolen or not. I would be chasing the " nice man " up about your missing book but as said he has got the price he wanted for the bike so why should he mess around to get a book, it isn't his problem now. Good luck

If I read this right you have paid for the bike but not for the book ? If that is the case you have just bought a bike without a book. The chances are you are never going to get the book. You may have the import papers, which I think they need to get the book, but they do not tell you whether the bike is stolen or not. I would be chasing the " nice man " up about your missing book but as said he has got the price he wanted for the bike so why should he mess around to get a book, it isn't his problem now. Good luck

Go back to the "nice man" where u bought your bike....with a friend. Introduce your friend... who wants to buy (very keen) a bike like yours. Will place the order when your sale is all complete with book etc.

It just took 3 months waiting to have my bike taken in for the inspection, they had it 6 days , gotta wait another month or so before I actually have book and plate in hand.

An agency has been handling everything, recommended that I deal with them directly by the seller, so far everything's good to go.....I had to pay approx 60% of the cost of registration the first day March 17th,then another 25% when the bike was returned to me 29th of June,balance to be paid whenever...

The agency will check all the import invoices to see if it can be registered, nothing due in taxes, and they wanted to see my work permit