Funny Thai Spelling Mistakes

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just an assortment of pics around thailand that I have taken with my iphone.

Not sure if it'll quote pics as well, but COON brand cheese has been a popular brand for almost 100 years in Australia.

Nobody seems to mention it's politically incorrect connetations.

Edited by Charger770

• 3 weeks later...

This is not thai to english but english to thai

I was watching a movie that had a machine rendered Thai subtitle. Instead of translating can in the context of "I can do" the machine translated in the context of "tin cans"

The whole movie was like: ผมกระปงทำได้(I can do it)

I got a text from the wife: 'I have exsidan.' Took a while to work it out. Accident! (itwasn't serious)

hahaha...My girlfirend asked me if I had been to the Cranberry Party in Somerset.....I said Cranberry party what do you mean? She said the Cranberry party it's very big lots of music, then it twigged I said you mean Glastonbury!!!!

Sorry don't have any spelling mistake signs but thought I would share.

My wife and I drive along the highway and I keep passing cars (in Canada on the left) and she keeps saying, careful, there have light lain. I say "what?". There have light lain. What do you mean? It's not raining. No, she says "lIght LAIn", why you not drive in light lain? Oh, you mean Right Lane...ok, she says, yes exactly Light Lain!

And on it goes...hilarious sometimes.

• 4 months later...

This is not thai to english but english to thai

I was watching a movie that had a machine rendered Thai subtitle. Instead of translating can in the context of "I can do" the machine translated in the context of "tin cans"

The whole movie was like: ผมกระปงทำได้(I can do it)

In a similar vein, I have a copy of the film "Monster House" which has obviously had computer translation of its Thai subtitles. Throughout the film, whenever the name of the character "Chowder" is mentioned it is translated in the subtitles as อาหารต้มคละดว้ยเนื้อต่าง ๆ which comes out as "mixed boiled food with various kinds of meat".

Can't argue with that I suppose - it is correct!!