Vetinery Centre At Khon Kaen University

Yesterday we went to the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Vetinery Centre at Khon Kaen University to take our Shit Tzu bitch for an examination

to check out the possibly having a hip dysplasia , after xrays it was confirmed that in fact she did have a problem and the best option was to have surgery

( a Femoral Head Ostectomy ) this would not only relive the constant pain , but offer better long term prospects . A blood test was also carried out

which was processed in house. The surgery was carried out the same day . My over all personal view at the time we were there was Good, the Vet who

carried out the surgery outlined the procedure in understandable English, and answered all my questions in a precise manner. The Xray equipment looked

to be up to date ( compared with the past Xray equipment Ive seen in other Local Vets ) The Xrays were displayed on external Computer monitors , so the Vet could outline just what the problem was, and what She was going to surgically perform .

The consulting rooms were clean and well lit, with what looked Modern equipment , the staff which I guess were mostly students , dresser in purple tops , were helpful and showed concern and caring , and most seemed to be able to speak some English. The operating area was Staff Only

so I can't comment ,. The waiting area has a small shop selling both Vet supply's , animal foods Etc and the normal 7-11 type things , there was a large

TV screen for the inevitable Thai Soap operas , and a magazine and newspaper rack , I did spot a wall notice saying free Wi-Fi , out side the main entrance is a small drinks booth offering both hot and cold drinks.

I had a walk around the whole building , and spotted a few special rooms containing sick Cow's on drip feeds. overall the whole building could do with a lick of paint, but its apparent by the nearby building going on that a new extension / building will soon be up.

We arrive at opening time, with just a few people all ready waiting , if you enter the main entrance, look to your left for a small desk , next to the shop, and you will see a box of small froms to fill in , which you then take to the main window ( next to the weighing scales ) if you have a problem there are plenty of staff who will help you fill out the form. One thing to note is the staff stop for lunch 12 - 1 pm .

As for costs , the consultation, Xrays ( 2 ) blood test, The surgery, and the drugs to take home came to 2, 700 Bhat .

So over all , this so far is the best place ive visited , and well worth the 500 Km round trip

Opening Times and Contact Tel Numbers ...

DSC05887.jpg

Outside View Main Entrance ....

DSC05901.jpg

Main Waiting Area ..

DSC05890.jpg

Consulting Rooms ...

DSC05895.jpg

Xray Monitors ...

DSC05897.jpg

Xray's ......

DSC05899.jpg

DSC05900.jpg

After Surgery ....

DSC05906.jpg

The patient .....

FlowersA001.jpg

On my walk about around the building I came across an outside open view room with a row of cages , each cage containing a very large White albino Rabbit

looking at the way the cages were set up the Rabbits did not some how look like patients ... ? I forgot to ask what there were

doing there.

The Rabbits ...

DSC05902.jpg

DSC05903.jpg

TL