Should She Have Told Him?

DaiHard

So let me get this straight. A 40 something, unattractive, HIV positive, upcountry ex-hooker is cunning enough to find...now 4, rich farangs, con them out of their money and infect them all (which is very difficult of you do some research, as a woman can contract easier than a man) , then they either run away or die before she moves onto her next victim. Sounds like another of those urban legends like the 'waking up in a bathtub full of ice, with your kidney missing' <deleted>.

Tell him - I wouldnt hesitate

Dishonest bar girls are not shy to gang up against ex-pats when it comes to ripping them off - why the hel_l shouldn't ex-pats watch each others backs.

Just one thing: I'd want to know for myself 100% that the allegations were true and not rumour based.

Any proof to the story? Sounds like typical Thai gossip to me.

Exactly!! Proof that she gave HIV to 3 different men?? I doubt it. Over what time period? It takes 6 months or so to determine infection and that doesn't count how long it might have taken to meet the men, infect them, etc, etc. Sounds like assinine gossip to me. However, HIV testing should be sone before having unprotected sex. Most do not do this unfortunately.

And here we go again, the farang/expat contingent automatically assuming the locals have been given all the relevant information regarding one thing or another, no they aren't, the government, by and large, tells them next to nothing. When was the last time you saw an HIV Awareness Day advertised on Thai television?

Oh sure, they'll pay lip service to it in the way of very publicly giving out free condoms, usually accompanied by a Big Willie poster for a day every year or so, but the majority of the locals really do think that all they have to do is take some medicine and they'll get better.

I used to frequent a bar where one of the barmen was infected and thought nothing of it, until he died that is. But not before he bemoaned the fact that one sole co-worker had told his farang girlfriend, who made a sharp exit. Another farang wasn't so lucky with another co-worker, and they both died not so happily ever after.

TELL him. What YOU got to lose as opposed to what he has?