Should She Have Told Him?

DaiHard

My missus has just got back from her biannual trek to see the outlaws upcountry (a village just outside Somdet in darkest Kalasin province) where she met this Swedish bloke who was living in her village with his Teerak. Well it transpires he speaks no Thai and his teerak, who is pretty rough from what I can gather, can speak no Swedish/English/whatever. She's also older than him and, this is the kicker, she is HIV+.

As they couldn't communicate my missus offered to translate at which point his darling gets all uppity and hauls him away. Apparently she has given three (count them) previous lovers AIDS and has subsequently seen them off and pocketed the resultant loot now she fully intends to do the same thing with her (latest?) farang.

My missus was warned off in no uncertain terms about spilling the beans (with serious harm type threats from both her and her family) because the moneytree (possibly the last opportunity for serious money and/or a foreign visa) would disappear.

My question is she she have gone ahead and told him anyway and saved his life.

If you are that Swede (and I know you read this site) then take the hint and move on. You know who you are, 40s, small pot belly living in a dirty house, with a load of other people, in a village about 5 km from Somdet on the Kalasin road.

PS: I know ex bargirls can be pretty nasty but this takes the whole nastiness thing to a new low.

No your Missus did the right thing, my best is he already knows the score, i.e., already has the virus himself, in a small village like you describe here most people no each other and they do talk together. No need for your lady to put herself in HARM way for this farang in a dirty house that could very well be on his last leg :D:):D

She is committing murder for the purpose of theft. You must let him know somehow. This level of evilness is just mind boggling.

+1

For the love of God, tell this guy!

No your Missus did the right thing, my best is he already knows the score, i.e., already has the virus himself, in a small village like you describe here most people no each other and they do talk together. No need for your lady to put herself in HARM way for this farang in a dirty house that could very well be on his last leg :D:):D

... and you found that amusing, because ??????? :D

My initial reaction to your post was that she should have told him..but then I realised its not a world i know much of, and from what i gather warnings like that are not empty ones. I imagine your wife must be scared. I think it would be good to somehow get a message to him, also asking him to not incriminate you, your wife and her family. You could request that he asks her for a sexual health checkup including HIV..so as not to point the finger at your wife, and also find out for sure her results (and his own).

At the same time what gets me is why anyone would play with fire with regards to any relationship. As unromantic as this sounds, if I decide to have unprotected sex with a partner, i tell them I am careful with my health, so request that we have a check up. I dont get caught up in the "heat of the moment" in that sense. I also personally dont engage in casual relationships, but even a long term partner doesnt mean they (or you) didnt pick up a virus or are a carrier of one. Sorry, dont mean that to sound like im preaching, i just mean ..well.. be careful :)

I do feel very sad for this man..and complete disgust at this woman if it is true.

Hope he reads the thread. And that the woman somehow ends up in prison.

Actually, would be good if he (the man she is involved with now) can trace the other guys she has been with/done this to and gather some evidence against her. She certainly deserves to go to prison for this.

My initial reaction to your post was that she should have told him..but then I realised its not a world i know much of, and from what i gather warnings like that are not empty ones. I imagine your wife must be scared. I think it would be good to somehow get a message to him, also asking him to not incriminate you, your wife and her family. You could request that he asks her for a sexual health checkup including HIV..so as not to point the finger at your wife, and also find out for sure her results (and his own).

At the same time what gets me is why anyone would play with fire with regards to any relationship. As unromantic as this sounds, if I decide to have unprotected sex with a partner, i tell them I am careful with my health, so request that we have a check up. I dont get caught up in the "heat of the moment" in that sense. I also personally dont engage in casual relationships, but even a long term partner doesnt mean they (or you) didnt pick up a virus or are a carrier of one. Sorry, dont mean that to sound like im preaching, i just mean ..well.. be careful :)

I do feel very sad for this man..and complete disgust at this woman if it is true.

Great post. Just to add there is a lag time between contracting HIV and it being detectable in a blood sample, depending on the test.

I believe this lag time can be up to 6 months. So receiving a false negative result is a possibility.

I understand why your wife said nothing for fear of her and her family's safety but someone has to let this guy know!

Like someone said above,maybe it's to late...(maybe it's not)!!

Remember reading something like this not so long ago..think he was canadian and she was thai...she was convicted for murder!

If you have any way to contact this guy...let him know!

Yes, I would tell him. Think of the suffering, both physical and mental he is likely to go through if he has it himself.

Maybe not here, but in the UK, knowingly giving someone HIV / Aids is a criminal offence and if the person dies from that viral infection the person giving it can be tried for murder and murder is what it is if what you say is correct - and I do not doubt it.

Personally, I would not like it on my conscience and I would find a way to tell him, even if it meant a rift between myself and a loved one.

Others have said that maybe it is too late, but IF he has it himself and goes and gives it to someone else, how many deaths and how much suffering is that going to lead to??

I agree with Eeks sentiments too.

My missus has just got back from her biannual trek to see the outlaws upcountry (a village just outside Somdet in darkest Kalasin province) where she met this Swedish bloke who was living in her village with his Teerak. Well it transpires he speaks no Thai and his teerak, who is pretty rough from what I can gather, can speak no Swedish/English/whatever. She's also older than him and, this is the kicker, she is HIV+.

As they couldn't communicate my missus offered to translate at which point his darling gets all uppity and hauls him away. Apparently she has given three (count them) previous lovers AIDS and has subsequently seen them off and pocketed the resultant loot now she fully intends to do the same thing with her (latest?) farang.

My missus was warned off in no uncertain terms about spilling the beans (with serious harm type threats from both her and her family) because the moneytree (possibly the last opportunity for serious money and/or a foreign visa) would disappear.

My question is she she have gone ahead and told him anyway and saved his life.

If you are that Swede (and I know you read this site) then take the hint and move on. You know who you are, 40s, small pot belly living in a dirty house, with a load of other people, in a village about 5 km from Somdet on the Kalasin road.

PS: I know ex bargirls can be pretty nasty but this takes the whole nastiness thing to a new low.

Oh it kinda breaks my heart to hear this. True, the man has his own life and yes, it's very possible that he HAS it already. Hope also that he gets to read your post as he really needs to be aware. This may not save his life but at least his wealth. The plan of his Teerak is definitely evil and a double murder. I just hope that the Swede keeps his ears and eyes open. Desperate predators do their best to lure their prey and if they'll be in their "spell" already, it would be very hard for them to believe other than the predators. Worse, those who try to help would be in the situation of being " the bad guys' when in fact the notification espresses concern for them.......

Any proof to the story? Sounds like typical Thai gossip to me.

I too find elements of this story very hard to believe. Just for starters, how long does it take somebody to die from HIV/Aids? Two years? Five years? Sometimes longer? In fact, increasing numbers of HIV positive people are living for many years (although obviously under the right medication).

So we are expected to believe that an HIV positive woman managed to infect one male partner, wait several years for him to die, then another, ditto, then a third, ditto again. And now she is onto her fourth.

When did she start this racket? Twenty years ago? And why has she survived, while her male partners all died?

Sorry. This sounds like BS.

Great family/neighbors. A place to where I would never return. So it's not only the woman, but her family too. They all should be reported to the police.

I too find elements of this story very hard to believe. Just for starters, how long does it take somebody to die from HIV/Aids? Two years? Five years? Sometimes longer? In fact, increasing numbers of HIV positive people are living for many years (although obviously under the right medication).

So we are expected to believe that an HIV positive woman managed to infect one male partner, wait several years for him to die, then another, ditto, then a third, ditto again. And now she is onto her fourth.

When did she start this racket? Twenty years ago? And why has she survived, while her male partners all died?

I have read true stories about this happening but this one is classic BS

I re read the Op and the second paragraph!

"she has already seen off 3 lovers and pocketed the cash"

Total BS.

So she has HIV is a rough peice as described by the OP and has managed to get 3 other men to die and give her their cash!

Who were the other men

Death announcements if they were farang which country did they die in?

Names to check?

Proof required for this otherwise i think the mods should close this thread as another Thai bashing, total BS thread....

How do they get along if they can't speak to each other.Why would you want to have a partner that

you can't even communicate with.

To answer the question though,YES she should have told him in a tactful way.

Some folk are quite happy like that, someone to wash, clean, cook and have sex with (in a mans case) is all they want in return they "take care" nothing wrong with it if it suits both of them.

Total BS.

So she has HIV is a rough peice as described by the OP and has managed to get 3 other men to die and give her their cash!

Who were the other men

Names to check?

Proof required for this otherwise i think the mods should close this thread as another Thai bashing, total BS thread....

He never said that they had died, he said that she had seen them off. Which to me means she got what she wanted from them and then f*cked them off, with a little HIV parting gift.

IF this story is true, which I tend believe it is, then not only should this bloke be told but also the authorities, this woman and her family deserve to be sitting on death row.

From experience with my ex-wife and her family I can understand the girl's thinking. I am going to die anyway so why not get as much from as many as I can before I am gone. The family are thinking similar, she is going to die so why not set the family up on the way out?

Cold and callous, but all too common when you are trapped in an existance standard of living.

Total BS.

Who were the other men

Names to check?

He never said that they had died, he said that she had seen them off. Which to me means she got what she wanted from them and then f*cked them off, with a little HIV parting gift.

IF this story is true, which I tend believe it is, then not only should this bloke be told but also the authorities, this woman and her family deserve to be sitting on death row.

From experience with my ex-wife and her family I can understand the girl's thinking. I am going to die anyway so why not get as much from as many as I can before I am gone. The family are thinking similar, she is going to die so why not set the family up on the way out?

Cold and callous, but all too common when you are trapped in an existance standard of living.

---------------------

Just as I thought. This is really the consequence of expressing concern for others, no wonder why a lot out there just prefer to be in silence. In farness to Daihard, his wife is Thai, if some of you here had read his post. Therefore, I don't see any THAI BASHING happening here. The point is the HIV infection and the Wealth "stealing" which both that Swede is unaware of.

Some asked for evidences as they take this as just a typical Thai gossip. I don't think the author of this post would waste his time for that. He asked point blank what should be done perhaps as being falang and his wife as Thai. In some way, that lead them being connected to the issue and being on the right minds and morals being aware on that the Teerak's plan which is beyond worse than a psycho killer has. If one is raised at least in a good family, for sure they'd have the same thinking which made me admire the couple.

I think everbody has his own CHOICE. But never can one have his choices until he is aware of what he's truly dealing with. That Swede deserves the right to know and those who know I think has the responsiblity to at least inform him in some way to be warned. Just as plain as that. NO instructions as to how he should deal his life and what to choose and do, that Swede is not a kid, he can definitely takes decisions by himself, he just needs to be aware of what's he's into. If he just needs someone to take care for him regarless of the disease and he's willing to give away his finances then no one can stop him. Again, it's his life and definitely his CHOICE but then at least HE HAS TO KNOW.

On the other hand, taking that gossip thing thought, NO NAME was mentioned and should never have one. That makes this thread safe or else this topic could just be closed in case of misinformation.

You may want to do a little research on the strain of HIV that is common in Thailand, it is more virulent and deadly than some of the varieties in Europe and USA. It is known to kill in a matter of years. Also do a little maths with the age of the two involved, he is 40 and she is older according to the OP, also as stated in other posts someone this mercenary may well have several "sponsors" in the pipeline.

So take care out there.

Got ya..i took "seen them off" as killing them off only the OP can clarify what he meant by "Seen them off" then

Oh well never mind..either way true or BS still a sick story.....