Things To Do For Teenagers In Phuket And Ed Visa?

Polemi

Hi!

We are thinking of going to Phuket for a year. We have two teenage boys that will have left school but still need something to do. We are thinking of music(guitar) lessons, art lessons, sports(diving) etc.

We are thinking of studying Thai for a year. We have read that you can get a one year ed visa if you do. I have tried to google all of these things but cant find anything. Can someone help me?

Hi!

We are thinking of going to Phuket for a year. We have two teenage boys that will have left school but still need something to do. We are thinking of music(guitar) lessons, art lessons, sports(diving) etc.

We are thinking of studying Thai for a year. We have read that you can get a one year ed visa if you do. I have tried to google all of these things but cant find anything. Can someone help me?

http://www.google.com/support/websearch/bi...p;answer=134479

Rock climbing is another good one.

There's none on Phuket but I've climbed on Phi Phi and Railay beach has spectacular climbing.

You can get lessons in both places.

Surfing is a possibility too. Don't know where there's lessons but they used to give them over at Kata.

Watch out for the Thai girls. They love teenage boys.

Also be sure you teach them about safety if they drive motorbikes here. Can be very dangerous.

Hi!

http://www.google.com/support/websearch/bi...p;answer=134479

Did not mean I dont know how to use google........

fiddlehead

Thanks. Didnt think about surfing. Rock climbing sounds good but maybe a bit far away...

Thanks for the warning about the girls, we already know as we have been with the boys before. It's funny for me and my husband but the boys get a bit fed up with it specially as they are both tall and blond!! :)

[Did not mean I dont know how to use google........

The first three of many hits for Thailand education visa phuket on google

3 posts - 2 authors

Does anyone know of any accredited language schools, or anything else that will qualify me for an education visa anywhere in Phukrt Thanks.

www.phuket-info.com/forums/visa/27558-education-visa.html - Cached - SimilarED Visa | Phuket Anna's Language School

The Thai Education Visa is your key to living in Thailand ... 82/3 Moo 4, Tambon Kamala, Amphur Kathu, Phuket 83150 Thailand Ph 076-278004 ...

www.phuket-anna.com/thai-language-ed-visa/ - Cached - SimilarTravel and Tourism Guide for Phuket Island Thailand: Photos ...

Phuket Travel and Tour Guide - local advice from an island resident. ... Want a ONE-YEAR VISA for Thailand? EASY! A one-year Education Visa can be obtained ...

www.phuketdelight.com/ - Cached - Similar

[Did not mean I dont know how to use google........

The first three of many hits for Thailand education visa phuket on google

3 posts - 2 authors

Does anyone know of any accredited language schools, or anything else that will qualify me for an education visa anywhere in Phukrt Thanks.

www.phuket-info.com/forums/visa/27558-education-visa.html - Cached - SimilarED Visa | Phuket Anna's Language School

The Thai Education Visa is your key to living in Thailand ... 82/3 Moo 4, Tambon Kamala, Amphur Kathu, Phuket 83150 Thailand Ph 076-278004 ...

www.phuket-anna.com/thai-language-ed-visa/ - Cached - SimilarTravel and Tourism Guide for Phuket Island Thailand: Photos ...

Phuket Travel and Tour Guide - local advice from an island resident. ... Want a ONE-YEAR VISA for Thailand? EASY! A one-year Education Visa can be obtained ...

www.phuketdelight.com/ - Cached - Similar

Thanks!

None of that comes up when I google. Is it because I dont live in Thailand? I live in Cyprus at the moment.

Thanks!

None of that comes up when I google. Is it because I dont live in Thailand? I live in Cyprus at the moment.

The reason I posted the search help page is it explains how you can combine multiple terms to get meaningful results. If you just enter Thailand you will get thousands of results but few of them meaningful

If you combine Thailand and visa you wil also get a lot of results but probably too varied to be useful but if you put in all three terms you will get a more meaningful set of results.

By doing this you could find that you could ask a more specific question here and be more likelyy to get the results you need.

Which part of Cyprus aqre you in? The Greek part or Kibris. I spent some time in Kibris a long time ago

Thanks for the warning about the girls, we already know as we have been with the boys before. It's funny for me and my husband but the boys get a bit fed up with it specially as they are both tall and blond!! :)

Yeah sure.. Teenage boys have no interest at all in loose women :D LOL..

Dont worry about 'things to do'...

Thanks all for your helpful replies.

My boys will probably laugh at my worries and enjoy the attention from the ladies. :)

I have lived here in Phuket for several years and enjoy sailing. A good outdoor healthy activity for teeenagers, I have been sailing since I was boy and still thoroughly enjoying it in my sixties.

We have two yacht clubs here, one in Ao Yon near Panwa, the Phuket Yacht Club, mainly for dinghies.

The other and bigger with brand new modern club house is Ao Chalong Yacht Club. This club caters for big yachts and holds fortnightly racing. Several members have quite big yachts so are always looking for crew. Also we have a quite big selection of racing multihulls, including the high speed Firefly for those that enjoy something more exciting.

The ACYC is situated down a dirt road almost opposite Flints One Bakery, same road as ao Chalong Bungalows.

Thanks all for your helpful replies.

My boys will probably laugh at my worries and enjoy the attention from the ladies. :)

I have lived here in Phuket for several years and enjoy sailing. A good outdoor healthy activity for teeenagers, I have been sailing since I was boy and still thoroughly enjoying it in my sixties.

We have two yacht clubs here, one in Ao Yon near Panwa, the Phuket Yacht Club, mainly for dinghies.

The other and bigger with brand new modern club house is Ao Chalong Yacht Club. This club caters for big yachts and holds fortnightly racing. Several members have quite big yachts so are always looking for crew. Also we have a quite big selection of racing multihulls, including the high speed Firefly for those that enjoy something more exciting.

The ACYC is situated down a dirt road almost opposite Flints One Bakery, same road as ao Chalong Bungalows.

Thank you! Will keep that in mind.

• 5 weeks later...

The Ed Visa is great - I have been on one for almost a year and it works perfectly - as promised - a year without visa runs.

Send me a private message and I'll tell you the best school.

For something different for teenage boys, if they have any kind of introspective streak, there is a meditation and yoga center near Kamala.

Google "meditate Thailand" and you'll see it near the top - its called Karuna. If your boys are going to be in Thailand, why not expose them to one of the world's richest religious traditions? Karuna teaches Buddhism in plain English.

Just a thought, depends on the boys, maybe a longshot for teenagers, but they sound intelligent.

I wish I had learned to meditate when I was a kid... could have saved a lot of money spent trying to feel better.

Maybe they would also like to do a home stay with a local family (without teenage girls...) - give you a vacation and broaden their minds to the culture.

Have fun when you come....

I need any kind of advice about language schools located phuket..I ve read the opinions about this subject but I need a school name which I can trust..I would like to learn buddish and communicate with thai people(fisherman,monk,artist,etc..)..I am fond of yoga,meditation,buddism,long walkings,swimming,playing ney(a kind of music enstrument which you can play it by breathing),healty foods and fruits...heheeh...heheheh....so..you make me very happy if you reply me...especially you walkerthai...thank you...