Steam Games

momosan

Just wondering how the latency (ping) is as I know a few people here use the steam platform for playing games online. Are there Thai servers for some of these games (TF2, CS)? Or are you connecting to US/European servers?

I've tried playing CS1.6 (non-steam version) on Thai servers. But it's such a hassle trying to get into a game that it's just not worth the headache anymore in trying to play a user-supported game. Although the pings are great (40-50ms). The other alternatives to multiplayer FPS that I know of is Special Force but the gameplay just doesn't feel right for me.

I play TF2, love that game! Most servers with the best latency are in Malaysia and Singapore, though they're usually quite filled and the players are nice :)

Latency ranges from 40-70, which works ok for fps games. You could also play on Korean servers where there's more of, but you'll be in the 130-150ms range, where you'll start to notice the lag a little.

Yes, there are Thai servers (as well as Malaysian and Singaporean) on Steam for both TF2 and CS. CoD4 also is popular. Great pings (20-40 Thai 60-80 Singapore) and very easy to find a game at any time of the day or night. You never have to connect to the US or Europe, there is always a local game to join.

There were two Thai TF2 servers last time I was on, but one of them never seems to have any players. Neither do arena, but I prefer standard TF2 as I don't like having to wait. :)

Singapore servers work fine if the Thai server is full though, and have arena mode.

Yeah that's where I usually play. Additionally everyone on those servers also speaks English, and for a team based game like TF2 it's very useful (assuming you don't know how to read or speak Thai).