Granite Table Tops

Dirk_brijs

Agree with Raro, the granite shop at the traffic lights on Sukhumvit / Pattaya Klang is where we went for our kitchen work tops a couple of months ago. We also kept the cut out bits where the hob and sink are, which they rounded at the edges for use as small table tops. We had gone to several other shops before deciding on this one. The one thing I would note though, in our case at least, the rounded edges are not a shiny / polished as the top.

I am also looking for granite tops at the moment,so for a better comparison about who is the cheapest let us publish some prices.

I am looking for black granite and the best price I got at the moment is for black galaxy 3500 baht a square meter and black china 2800 baht.Shop is located 500 meters behind the fly over if you come out of the direction sriracha.

There is a shop on Sukhumvit at the top of the hill opposite the Camp Chang Elephant Village, on the corner of the junction, about 300m before the Na Jomtien traffic lights/Huay Yai turning, they have an enormous selection and all beautifully laid out, well worth a look, dont know about current prices though?

I am also looking for granite tops at the moment,so for a better comparison about who is the cheapest let us publish some prices.

I am looking for black granite and the best price I got at the moment is for black galaxy 3500 baht a square meter and black china 2800 baht.Shop is located 500 meters behind the fly over if you come out of the direction sriracha.

Concur, 2800 for black China is about the cheapest you'll get.

Don't forget to bring your radon detector when shopping for granite.

Why would you need a gas detector when buying granite?

Because Granite consists of many different radon rays such as uranium which causes lung cancer and other ill effects.

Some granites give out higher radons than others so it's impossible to know which are safe and which are not.

Last year Europe and US started to do tests to set a safety standard, and in China they already publish the amount of radioactivity that their granites give off so consumers are aware of what they are buying, they also don't allow any export of granite that has low readings so they can keep it for themselves and only export the granites that give off higher radiation, so Chinese granite outside China has certain high radiation levels.

For more info just google "granite radiation levels"

I am really a fan of a good clean granite kitchen top. They are hard and cool to sit on.

I am one of those weirdo who prefer to read my favourite books in my kitchen then on a La-Z-Boy.

Maybe a new niche market, La-z-Boys out of lightly radio-active granite :):D

Boonthavorn have a great choise. You can find Boonthavorn on sukhumvit between Pattaya klang and Pattaya Naklua (beachside). They have different colors and qualities.

www.boonthavorn.com

Way overpriced IMO...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm rather sorry I invested in a granite countertop. It is a beautiful dark green but recently we squeezed one lemon in the juicer and some of the lemon spray hit the countertop. It is now etched and ugly. We have tried all kinds of compounds, some of them quite expensive, one imported from Italy, to no avail.

I'm rather sorry I invested in a granite countertop. It is a beautiful dark green but recently we squeezed one lemon in the juicer and some of the lemon spray hit the countertop. It is now etched and ugly. We have tried all kinds of compounds, some of them quite expensive, one imported from Italy, to no avail.

Are you sure they didn't sell you marble as that is very porous but granite isn't.