Registering Lisence Registration Ahead Summit

ree2512

I have been hearing from several people that you have to go and register your car/motorbike license registration number AND receive a sticker to put on your car so that when they have the meetings in Laguna next week you can drive through that area otherwise NO ONE can pass through even if you live there. Does anyone know where/how to register???

I have been hearing from several people that you have to go and register your car/motorbike license registration number AND receive a sticker to put on your car so that when they have the meetings in Laguna next week you can drive through that area otherwise NO ONE can pass through even if you live there. Does anyone know where/how to register???

If you work there, your employer will handle it for you. I suspect that if you DON'T work there - you won't be able to get such a sticker.

If you work there, your employer will handle it for you. I suspect that if you DON'T work there - you won't be able to get such a sticker.

So how about people that live there?

And you think all employers will check with their staff whether they need a sticker?

If the situation is the way the op has heard, a lot of people will not be able to reach there homes or work place.

Edited by stevenl

All people living there are aware of the situation, and of course had been ask to register their car or Motorcycle.

People working there are aware as well. The Human resource department of the Laguna is taking care of it, and staffs know about it. As well for every each Human ressource department of every each hotel and resort located in the Laguna. Staff will all been issued a sticker.

It's an easy process which is well organize.

Suppliers of hotels, and excursion agency will be registering their cars and van as well.

Those who do not will not be able to go in.

Those which are not leaving there will not be able to go in too, with their car.

A visitor pass will be granted for those who want to go in for dinner or lunch, as an exemple. But will have to walk from the outside of the Laguna.

This is from my information, but correct be if I'm wrong on the visitor.

All people living there are aware of the situation, and of course had been ask to register their car or Motorcycle.

People working there are aware as well. The Human resource department of the Laguna is taking care of it, and staffs know about it. As well for every each Human ressource department of every each hotel and resort located in the Laguna. Staff will all been issued a sticker.

It's an easy process which is well organize.

Suppliers of hotels, and excursion agency will be registering their cars and van as well.

Those who do not will not be able to go in.

Those which are not leaving there will not be able to go in too, with their car.

A visitor pass will be granted for those who want to go in for dinner or lunch, as an exemple. But will have to walk from the outside of the Laguna.

This is from my information, but correct be if I'm wrong on the visitor.

I live in the area but wasnt aware of the situation and have no idea where to go to get such a sticker.I dont work in the area either. do you have any idea where we are suppose to go to register?

I live in Cherng talay and they are informing on loud speakers now that they will issue the stickers for people living here 11-12 July.

From what my girlfiend is telling me you have to go tomorrow to an office close to the School in Cherng talay to get stickers for car and bike?strange they dont inform the expat community here..only in Thai.

I live in Cherng talay and they are informing on loud speakers now that they will issue the stickers for people living here 11-12 July.

From what my girlfiend is telling me you have to go tomorrow to an office close to the School in Cherng talay to get stickers for car and bike?strange they dont inform the expat community here..only in Thai.

I think that it should have been in the phuket gazette! I had someone check it out for me today and the obotor told us to email copies of driving liscences and write down our registration numbers they said the stickers will be avaliable to collect next week

I think that it should have been in the phuket gazette! I had someone check it out for me today and the obotor told us to email copies of driving liscences and write down our registration numbers they said the stickers will be avaliable to collect next week

What is the eMail address to send to ?

I work at the Cherngtalay School part-time and my Agency knows nothing, as usual :)

Edited by AjarnChan

I work at the Cherngtalay School part-time and my Agency knows nothing, as usual :)

my understanding is that the expats need to make sure they have passports and some id re their residency, then should have no problems, the skickers are mostly to control which Thai's can move around the area to avoid red yellow situations.

would love to help but one of the girls i work with did it for me, shes not in till late next week but if you get someone to phone the obotor they will tell you.

my understanding is that the expats need to make sure they have passports and some id re their residency, then should have no problems, the skickers are mostly to control which Thai's can move around the area to avoid red yellow situations.

That is what I thought but a policeman I know told me that the sticker is needed otherwise you will have to park your car outside certain areas and walk! Also in all the check points in cherngtalay area (which is looking to be a lot) they will start to stop you and check your car (Make you get out etc,....) I just think it is better to get this access sticker to prevent any unnecessary checks as they could be rather annoying!

From Phuketwan

Thai Army Issuing Color-Coded Permits for Asean Summit

By Chutima Sidasathian and Alan Morison

Saturday, July 11, 2009 PHUKET residents who live within five kilometres of Laguna Phuket and others who go within that zone to work are being issued with color-coded vehicle permit stickers, Phuketwan has learned.

About 40,000 vehicle registration permits are being issued by the Army's Internal Security Operations Command, Region 4, which now has control of the island under the Internal Security Act.

For the complete article goto ...

http://phuketwan.com/tourism/army-issuing-...ts-asean-11317/

you can go today to the orbortor office across from the School in Cherng talay they are open,bring your Green book for the vehicles and they will issue the stickers tomorrow.

Easy

not everyone has a green book because some cars are on finance and they dont give you them does that mean you cant get one?

Sunday, July 12, 2009

ASEAN Meetings: Phuket residents rush for stickers for fast-track security clearance

PHUKET: Col Piyapong Wongchan, Deputy Chief of the Internal Security Operations Command in Phuket, said this afternoon that Phuket vehicle owners who want special passes to facilitate clearance through the many special security checkpoints now being set up around the island should contact their village heads in Thalang and Kathu districts.

More than 40,000 such stickers have already been issued for use during the Asean foreign ministers' meetings which begin later this week and run through July 23. Distribution of the passes will be completed by Thursday (July 17).

Security before, during and after the meetings will be tight as the Cabinet on Thursday invoked the Internal Security Act for enforcement in Phuket during the period July 10-24. The measure was deemed necessary to prevent a recurrence of the fiasco in Pattaya earlier this year when protesters, fueled by supporters of fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, sabotaged the originally-scheduled ASEAN meetings, forcing their termination.

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said during his weekly TV talk this morning that many VIPs would attend the meetings and he wished the Thai public to be good hosts, especially people living in Phuket.

The meetings would help stimulate tourism for the island, he noted.

Mr Abhisit said intelligence reports show that "certain groups of people" are still trying to organize protests to disrupt the meetings in Phuket, as had happened in Pattaya.

– Nation and Gazette reporters

Sunday, July 12, 2009

ASEAN Meetings: Phuket residents rush for stickers for fast-track security clearance

PHUKET: Col Piyapong Wongchan, Deputy Chief of the Internal Security Operations Command in Phuket, said this afternoon that Phuket vehicle owners who want special passes to facilitate clearance through the many special security checkpoints now being set up around the island should contact their village heads in Thalang and Kathu districts.

More than 40,000 such stickers have already been issued for use during the Asean foreign ministers' meetings which begin later this week and run through July 23. Distribution of the passes will be completed by Thursday (July 17).

Security before, during and after the meetings will be tight as the Cabinet on Thursday invoked the Internal Security Act for enforcement in Phuket during the period July 10-24. The measure was deemed necessary to prevent a recurrence of the fiasco in Pattaya earlier this year when protesters, fueled by supporters of fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, sabotaged the originally-scheduled ASEAN meetings, forcing their termination.

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said during his weekly TV talk this morning that many VIPs would attend the meetings and he wished the Thai public to be good hosts, especially people living in Phuket.

The meetings would help stimulate tourism for the island, he noted.

Mr Abhisit said intelligence reports show that "certain groups of people" are still trying to organize protests to disrupt the meetings in Phuket, as had happened in Pattaya.

– Nation and Gazette reporters

finally after I said it should be in the gazette we are getting somewhere. Although they make it sound very difficult but its not.