No Alcohole For The Next 2 Days

it amassing me how sefsistracting thailand is, wen ecomomy in on the worst they put ub the tax for ciggarets and alcohol.... very clever, wen the tourimus in about 50% down thay make the law not to bye or sell Alcohol for big Buhhhda days...wow. how someone can tell a aldult person not to bye alcohol??? its up to everyone what the want to do, if u bannd alcohol only for a few day why u bannd it forever??? what the point of it?

it amassing me how sefsistracting thailand is, wen ecomomy in on the worst they put ub the tax for ciggarets and alcohol.... very clever, wen the tourimus in about 50% down thay make the law not to bye or sell Alcohol for big Buhhhda days...wow. how someone can tell a aldult person not to bye alcohol??? its up to everyone what the want to do, if u bannd alcohol only for a few day why u bannd it forever??? what the point of it?

I don sink izz a reel poblem to stey of ze booze fore 2 daze

I guess we should rename this site from thai visa.com to thai alcoholics .com :) Why is it so hard to get by with no alcohol for 2 days? I am an moderate drinker maybe a bottle or 2 and been in Thailand for 2 years now and never been to a bar or pub yet if you need to drink just buy a few bottles and drink at home :D

Can anyone on here confirm what places will be open today and tomorrow? I am not a big drinker but I did hear that places that sell food as well as drink are still allowed to open as normal. I only ask as the Ashes are starting tomorrow, and I was planning to go to the Outback bar in Lamai to watch it, if it is not open I am not sure where I will be able to watch it unless there are any restaurants in Lamai that are going to be showing it and also wouldnt mind us sitting in there from 4 til midnight.

Thanks

I give up, thought about it long enough.

Can someone tell me what sefsistracting means?

I'm not native English....

Well I'm English......and I don't know.

I think it was an attempt at self restricting.......possibly.

No wonder his user name is 2169 he couldn`t spell the one he wanted to use and fell on the keyboard gracing his last Chang before the dry spell kicked in.

Everybody not being a bit harsh on this poor souls written english ability? Dont listen to them all 21696 I undrestood the content of your post. (Although I dont agree with you re alcohol sales) Good on you for trying. ( Us Dyslixics must Untie together)

I would think those wanting to see the Cricket should be fine so long as Bar is not selling booze into the night or playing music (although I may be wrong)

Always stock the fridge with beer from 7/11 before holidays and dont tell your mates. :)

well it was well known that alcohol wouldn't be sold so it was your choice to buy it before or wait till the end of this restriction.

i bought a bottle of whisky yesterday at 7/11 in case i'd like to drink a glass or two today or tommorow.

Yep to much already :D:D:):D:D:D Sleep it Off pal, dry out. No said you couldn't drink, said you couldn't buy it, most wise drinker, if there is such will buy it a day or so before hand and party in private with a few close friends and for those that drink and drive I HOPE you are CAUGHT JAIL for the MAX allow by law plus fine the MAX by law, you sorry soul could very well kill somebody wife/kids/dad/mom, etc NUFF said :D:D

I think if someone (say a group of 6 lads) has paid a lot of money to come to Thailand on holiday only to be told they cant go Nana or cowboy for a few beers, they wont be to happy.

Thailand has become a bit of an expert at giving tourists reasons to look elsewhere to spend thier hard earned money and it needs to fight to bring the tourists back.

Always stock the fridge with beer from 7/11 before holidays and dont tell your mates. :D

Party at smallprawn's tonight and tomorrow night!

P.S. provide directions please.

Your more than welcome but to be honest tonight I party solo and finding it quite enjoyable.

I agree with others. Respecting a night of no drinking in bars shouldnt really be a problem. There may be the odd time that tourists unaware visit the island for only three or four days and their dates clash with Budist holidays/elections etc which can be quite frustrating for bar owners and customers alike, nothing a small amount of research wouldnt fix.

Best enjoy whats left of the beer and indulge in a bit of 'selfsistrcation' ?? :)

... there are still plenty of choices - it might be a bit of an inconvenience for some - but not really in LoS!

IMHO tonight and tomorrow overall are more alcoholic drinks consumed in "private parties" then usual - TiT

I saw some awesome stocking up happening...and git more invitations to "private parties" then I will be able to attend...!

On the ninth ther will be a fullmoon party as usual and all will be forgotten!

Lucky the OP isn't in Yemen or Saudi Arabia!

This is after all Buddhist Lent, so a little respect for others' cultures might not be amiss. It's only a couple of days for Chris sakes.

Actually the questionable ban is directed to all the people in Thailand. So mainly people from the same culture are forced to obey the ban.

Questionable, because that should be a subjective issue not a forced one. Many would avoid drinking during that days without a ban. And the ones who drink would surely not disturb the celebrations in the temples.

I don't drink, but can't stand that kind of reguladed paternalism.

-------------------------------------------------------

Sorry but first, shall we laugh or cry about the spelling????? About the alcohol.. avoid Big C, Makro

and Tesco Lotus. Go for the local small shops, they' just put your bottle (s) in newspaper and a plasticbag,

and take the money from you.

So No problem.

Glegolo

-------------------------------------------------------

Sorry but first, shall we laugh or cry about the spelling????? About the alcohol.. avoid Big C, Makro

and Tesco Lotus. Go for the local small shops, they' just put your bottle (s) in newspaper and a plasticbag,

and take the money from you.

So No problem.

Glegolo

Not everyone is a native English speaker.