True Mobile

PastEgo

Not sure if I got your question right.

As far as I know as "Mr. Citizen" you can't hide your caller ID in Thailand. Some companies/services can.

While you are abroad you need roaming to use your phone. Apply for international roaming before you travel.

Best advise is a visit to True, or while travelling Cambodia, use a local prepaid card.

Edited by webfact

Your mobile should have an option to enable or disable sending of the caller ID. Go to the settings menu for calls, disable it and call another mobile to check if it works. This is country-independent, but the roaming network must support it.

Edited by lothda

Your mobile should have an option to enable or disable sending of the caller ID. Go to the settings menu for calls, disable it and call another mobile to check if it works. This is country-independent, but the roaming network must support it.

Not supported in Thailand, if shut caller ID of, calls will not go through!

Just tried, the call did go through, but the caller ID was showing even though it was switched off. Thanks for making me aware of this :) .

Ego - there are several software solutions that will work on any network, try Google spoof id

Bubba

Do theses services work here in Thailand with any known carrier? Any experiences to share?

I can imagine this is not a "free of charge" service.

Its going to cost some money if you use such a spoof service...

and I am a bit concerned about the legal basis. No carrier in TH allows ID covering for "John Citizen".

Edited by webfact

The software in the mobile does not always work.

Try #31#08-xxxx xxxx

Maybe it works, it should, being GSM

Just tried, the call did go through, but the caller ID was showing even though it was switched off. Thanks for making me aware of this :) .

Although this is enable-able in your phone it requires the networks authorisation to use the feature, so you can bet they want to charge you extra for the privilege, call True to find out what their cost is for this. I have it and use it when necessary on my AIS postpay account number and I pay I believe 50 Baht a month for the privilege. Once they've activated the feature on your account you can then control it with this option on your phone to switch it on and off as you wish.