Louis Theroux Thai Brides

A truly fascinating documentary from a while ago but I get the feeling that the agency bosses have a really distorted view of Thai ladies.

It's as if they are talking about a different species, not a different race!!!!!

Parts of it had me squirming but a fine piece of work from Louis Theroux non the less.

Tremendous, saw this first time round, I'll watch it again. Creepy little git that agency boss :) The Yorkshire (?) guy gave me a chuckle, basically came to get married "with this candle" can't believe people do that but they seem to, wonder how that couple is doing

• 1 month later...

Ive got the boxed set, That bloke called Lake Palmers got a myspace or facebook posting hes still single lol

allways thought about setting up a thai agency that man from thai professonals charges a fortune, check out there site.

Yes, great documentary, LT and Ronnie Conrad, the old guy with the flat cap, cravat etc. who changed wives like his shirt were great entertainment value. The other agency boss (ginger guy with the same horrible tie etc.) seemed to be more professional, although having someone get married after 2 days or whatever was ridiculous. Wonder what happened to him (read another post on here the other day saying they'd seen Ronnie in Pattaya or Phuket LOL).

Louis' recent output is darker but still really watchable. This year, he's done one in Philadelphia (street patrol with cops, drugs etc.), Johannesburg/SA Townships and Fresno, California (apparently crystal meth capital of the US). The Fresno one is up on BBC iPlayer - don't know if you guys in Thailand can get this??? The SA one was really disturbing.

Edited by MarkyM3

hahahahahha absolutely classic, did you see the face of the newly married girl when that p***k gave her a candle!! after the marriage ? the look on her face said, i dont want a f*****g candle, show me the money, hahahaha

Edited by micky44

I still have a video of the show that my Dad sent over years ago. Cracking stuff. I met Ronnie in the Londoner a few months later as he was a friend of an old guy I knew. He was there with his cravat and flat cap - and just seemed like a very optimistic but blinkered guy.

Lake Palmers Blog, probably fake, is a thing of beauty:

Woke up, had a fag, slept again for about 30 minutes, then got up and had a fry up.

I sent Pa her money, and Western Union says it has been collected. I haven't heard from her since, I guess she hasn't been able to use the internet, or is taking care of her auntie.

Going to meet Harry at the Labour Club later and practice for our Christmas Eve karaoke show. We'll get free beer for doing the show, one of the perks of a professional singer.

I'm going to suggest that we put my Pa and his Mipoo in contact. They both have aunties with incurable illnesses, maybe they can comfort each other.

Woke up, after having a fag. Greased my hair and checked my mail....nothing from Don Ling, but a feeling of joy as I see I have a reply from Pa Ding.

Dear Lake,

thank your letter. You very kind man, really. I love you lot. You my special honey Lake baby. My auntie very sick, she need quick operation. I very sad, I cry every day. Please send £400 Lake. You love me, I know you pay my honey. Soon we get married . OK? Please send Western Union, I waiting Western Union shop Monday.

Love Pa Baby xx

Poor Pa, her auntie is sick again, the first three operations I paid for weren't successful.

I'll go and cash my giro, and then to Western Union. Soon I will be married, I am happy again.

Edited by Changian

Yep, whoever wrote Lake's blog should have done a few more entries!

Love the line in the programme when the first girl's doing her interview etc. and LT says it's like hostage video! :)

Edited by MarkyM3