Bangkok Food Delivery

hungryINbangkok

Without me naming names, I wonder which food delivery service the readers of this forum use the most and why? I've tried them all, with varrying degrees of success. I am looking at buying a small farang style restaurant in lower Sukhumvit and want to do home delivery city wide.

Thoughts?

Edited by hungryINbangkok

Without me naming names, I wonder which food delivery service the readers of this forum use the most and why? I've tried them all, with varrying degrees of success. I am looking at buying a small farang style restaurant in lower Sukhumvit and want to do home delivery city wide.

Thoughts?

Chef Express for me.

Thoughts?

Chef Express for me.

any particular reason you prefer chefsxp?

Definitely Chefsxp for me due to:
  • Excellent range of restaurants Best pricing Top-class follow up service (in response to my feedback)

And no - I am not associated with them in anyway!

Triplegge, I'll back you up on this. Def the way to go for price and service. They could do with a few more restaurants though.

Thoughts?

Chef Express for me.

any particular reason you prefer chefsxp?

simple, i dont mind paying for delivery but I do mind paying 30% mark up on the regular restaurant prices.

When I'm in Bangkok I use Chefs XP and Food by Phone depending on what restaurant I want to order from, I generally use Chefs XP more as it appears to be cheaper.

I heard they charge up to about 30% of the cost of the order in commission, I'm not sure how accurate this is though. Great service though, on the rare occasion they do cock it up they will correct their mistake or offer a credit towards the next order.

When I'm in Bangkok I use Chefs XP and Food by Phone depending on what restaurant I want to order from, I generally use Chefs XP more as it appears to be cheaper.

I heard they charge up to about 30% of the cost of the order in commission, I'm not sure how accurate this is though. Great service though, on the rare occasion they do cock it up they will correct their mistake or offer a credit towards the next order.

who charges 30% mark up? which one has better service?

FoodbyPohne - used once, huge mark-up on restaurant prices, wouldn't touch with a bargepole

ChefsXP - use probably once a week, a good and already improving service, courteous, extremely quick. Obviously show some flexibility as well - officially open until 10.30pm but handles Sunrise Tacos online orders all night

There really is no comparison

Hungryman, you're going to have a hard time competing with chefsxp as they have a large, large selection of restaurants of all types of food, whereas you are just looking at buying one restaurant and using that for delivery? I don't see what you're offering is better and sorry, but "farang" doesn't really describe your category of food accurately. You have to really define yourself as a restaurant rather than just thinking of "farang" food. Farang food means completely different depending on whether you come from the U.S., England, France, Germany, Spain, Greece, etc.

Edit: So, you really shouldn't be looking to compete with chefsxp but look to do a niche food delivery service maybe just for your restaurant. It starts with your food. Think if people like your food and you have a busy restaurant. Well, if they love it enough they'd be willing to order it from home sometimes. But chefsxp is a whole different ball game as they merely deliver food from many restaurants, not make it themselves. Think smaller.

Edited by Jimjim

Hungryman, you're going to have a hard time competing with chefsxp as they have a large, large selection of restaurants of all types of food, whereas you are just looking at buying one restaurant and using that for delivery? I don't see what you're offering is better and sorry, but "farang" doesn't really describe your category of food accurately. You have to really define yourself as a restaurant rather than just thinking of "farang" food. Farang food means completely different depending on whether you come from the U.S., England, France, Germany, Spain, Greece, etc.

Edit: So, you really shouldn't be looking to compete with chefsxp but look to do a niche food delivery service maybe just for your restaurant. It starts with your food. Think if people like your food and you have a busy restaurant. Well, if they love it enough they'd be willing to order it from home sometimes. But chefsxp is a whole different ball game as they merely deliver food from many restaurants, not make it themselves. Think smaller.

JJ, I could be mistaken but I don't think the OP wants to compete with Chefsxp - rather decide which delivery company to align his business with.

JJ, I could be mistaken but I don't think the OP wants to compete with Chefsxp - rather decide which delivery company to align his business with.

bkkjames is correct....I have been looking for a comparison in effort to decide which service to use for my restaurant.

After reveiwing the responses thus far, Im thinking chefsxp hands down best choice....

who charges 30% mark up? which one has better service?

Not mark up - that's what they charge the restaurant. I'm talking about ChefsXp, the customer pays the menu price.

• 9 months later...
Nosh sounds great. Have you tried it?

Not yet, but a Thai-American friend who is a professional baker (for someone else, not Nosh) did and he said it's pretty good. Very convenient unless you're in the Red zone, in which case don't count on a delivery :)

• 7 months later...