Squash Players Wanted

ricklev

Hi,

I just moved into a condo on Rajadamri next to the Four Seasons Hotel that has a squash court and am looking for people to play with. The court is free and in reasonably good condition with AC. I never played much and am probably at a low intermediate/high beginner level.

Please send a message with your phone number if interested.

Rick

Edited by ricklev

Oh yes, memories of playing squash at the then Regent and the Erawan next door. I nearly lived in those clubs and you would have found a pick-up game guaranteed. The last few years that I played, it got harder to find players as many expats moved on or got older, as I did. Check around with some of the other clubs and talk with their knocker or "pro", if they have one. Ask where people are playing these days. It can be fun moving around between different courts. They are all different. A squash court in a condo never really works, it seems, because you need other people to play with and the squash population in Bangkok is small and dispersed. The British Club, RBSC, Polo and the Thai-Japanese courts used to be some of the most active. Not sure these days. Good luck.

Hi,

I just moved into a condo on Rajadamri next to the Four Seasons Hotel that has a squash court and am looking for people to play with. The court is free and in reasonably good condition with AC. I never played much and am probably at a low intermediate/high beginner level.

Please send a message with your phone number if interested.

Rick

Rick.

I am Davy, Played years ago. Return to Pattaya end of July would like to meet for a few games, I have not played in years with knee injuries and now heavier than I was, But would like to still have a few games.

I have looked before for rackets and never seen any in Pattaya ???

I am working at the moment in Iraq so will be in Pattaya for 4 weeks when I return. Should be home around the 26 July mate

My number 0849426502

Davy

Hi Davy,

I'm in Bangkok and don't get to Pattaya very often. I'm not sure what the court situation is in Pattaya, but I would expect that Supersports in the new mall would carry rackets. They do in Bangkok.

I will give you a call next time I in Pattaya and see if we can play.

Best,

Rick

Hi Rick,

I'm interested in playing squash with you. I think my level is similar to yours, I'm OK but I never played in club.

I'm 30 years old and have been living in Bangkok for 3 years.

Please give me a call if you're interested, any day of the week except friday is fine for me.

Regards,

David

I am Davy, Played years ago. Return to Pattaya end of July would like to meet for a few games, I have not played in years with knee injuries and now heavier than I was, But would like to still have a few games.

I have looked before for rackets and never seen any in Pattaya ???

I am working at the moment in Iraq so will be in Pattaya for 4 weeks when I return. Should be home around the 26 July mate

My number 0849426502

Davy

Hi Davy,

I am Bernhard who plays squash here in Pattaya (at the Ambassador City Jomtien Hotel in Na-Jomtien) with our group 3 times a week.

They have 8 courts there, and we have players from (nearly) every range. Each time some 5 to 10 players shows up.

We play there every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday - starting about 5:30 p.m. Fell free to join us during your next stay in Pattaya.

If you join our group you have to pay only 80 Baht - no matter how long you are playing.

Bernhard

Oh yes, memories of playing squash at the then Regent and the Erawan next door. I nearly lived in those clubs and you would have found a pick-up game guaranteed. The last few years that I played, it got harder to find players as many expats moved on or got older, as I did. Check around with some of the other clubs and talk with their knocker or "pro", if they have one. Ask where people are playing these days. It can be fun moving around between different courts. They are all different. A squash court in a condo never really works, it seems, because you need other people to play with and the squash population in Bangkok is small and dispersed. The British Club, RBSC, Polo and the Thai-Japanese courts used to be some of the most active. Not sure these days. Good luck.

I used to play every day at the Regent as well in early 1990s. Wonder if we ever squared off....

I'm Guido. Havent played for years but would like to play again. I have never played a lot and hardly remember

the rules. but want to have fun and get back in shape.

I live near BTS On-nut. The only thing is that i work outside thailand on a very irregular base.

Guido

I used to play every day at the Regent as well in early 1990s. Wonder if we ever squared off....

I guess I started playing around 89 or 90 and moved to the Erawan when it opened. Been trying to think back to the early 90's and the only image I could come up with, was a lefty playing with a Head racquet and maybe a little problem with one hand. Being so new at the time I remember being quite impressed. That may or may not have been you. Your profile just doesn't match most of the guys I remember well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Still looking for squash players.......

There are 3 or 4 of us now playing Monday, Wednesday and Friday. People come and go and it seems best to have three people playing and alternating on the court.

The court is at Royal Place One next to The Four Seasons on Rajadamri. It's Ok, but the AC could be better.

I'm happy to travel for a game.

Please pm me your phone number if you would like to play.

Hi Ricklev

What time of day are you playing as this would have a bearing on whether I can join?

I recently moved to BangKapi so would need to be able to get the last boat back from near Central World which I think is around 7pm as otherwise I would be stuck in traffic for ever and a day!

Cheers

• 1 month later...

I'm the original poster and am looking for some more people to play squash with either at my court or yours. I guess I'm at a low intermediate level or so now.

Please send me a personal message, including your phone number!, and I will get back shortly.

Hi Moderator, Please don't close the thread, I won't bump it again! Thanks!

Still looking for squash players.......

There are 3 or 4 of us now playing Monday, Wednesday and Friday. People come and go and it seems best to have three people playing and alternating on the court.

The court is at Royal Place One next to The Four Seasons on Rajadamri at the Rajadamri BTS stop.

I'm happy to travel for a game.

Please pm me your phone number if you would like to play.

Edited by ricklev

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Sounds perfect, I have also just moved into town and not played for a while. Would like to get back into squash as regular as possible. There are unfortunately no courts near my condo (Narathiwas) but I'm not too far from most locations.

I'll send a text but if for some reason it does not work my number is: 0809.201.115

Regards

Lee

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...