Wireless Lan

ZERKIT

WIRELESS LAN

Nowadays , computer technologies move forward rapidly. They never stop making users enjoy surfing the net as much as possible. That’s why “WIRELESS LAN” or wireless internet device has been developed and introduced to attract more and more net lovers to use it at the moment. The advantages of using “WIRELESS LAN” are as follows :

First, “WIRELESS LAN” can be connected with the network wirelessly, it can work independently without LAN wires.

Second, “WIRELESS LAN” is the wide network coverage with no wires, unlike LAN with limited service area .

Third, the receiving signal device of “WIRELESS LAN” is already installed in each notebook of new versions of any brands. Therefore, users do not have to provide such additional device, when wishing to use “WIRELESS LAN”.

We can say that “WIRELESS LAN” is among the best computer technologies that makes us surfing the webs easiest wherever we are.

What do you think about “WIRELESS LAN” ?

I use it to, but at home. No need to stuff stupid cables trough the wall to connect the pc upstairs. Just plug and play and the connection is good and steady. A bit slower then the line, but only 25%.

It's a thing of the future for sure.

been using it for years mate! best thing since sliced bread, flushing toilets and canned piss.

Just make sure you secure it properly to prevent all your neigbours from helping themself for free.

Some of my Thai friends who live next door to another in my soi are sharing the cost of a single ISP.

I have an internet radio which is also wireless and a dedicated Multi-Media (HDD) Entertainment System for all my music, video and photos which is also wireless. Portability and convienience. I can just pick up the radio and take it outside the front of the house and sit down and relax and listen to the footy in Australia on a Sat afternoon. No hassle no fuss no major setting up process. Just need a power source.

it is also good if you have friends visiting from overseas and staying with you. Tell them to bring their Notebook, Netbook or PDA, then give them access to your home network without them having to use your machine everytime they need to check email etc.

Virtually everything will be wireless in the future. Along with BlueTooth your home will be run entirely wirelessly. Lights, air con, security - everything.

Home stereo systems are now coming with Bluetooth installed. So people visiting you can bring their own music collection with them on their phone or PDA etc and then just play them through you home stereo merley by activating bluetooth and send them to you system. Absolutely brilliant!

Likewise with the home wireless multimedia entertainment centre, every one with your home network access can watch your stored movies, music or pics.

I just love technology! Star Trek here we come!

Wireless LAN seems to have two flavours.

1. Home with a combined router and transmitter connected to the phone.

2. Wider area, where you need an antenna on the roof of your house

and a cable to the computer, or a router if you want multiple computers.

I guess this is what is available in Hua Hin. It was tried in Pattaya, then abandoned. :)

2. Wider area, where you need an antenna on the roof of your house

and a cable to the computer, or a router if you want multiple computers.

I guess this is what is available in Hua Hin. It was tried in Pattaya, then abandoned. :)

No you don't need anything special to access the city-wide wifi. Any laptop can connect using their built-in wifi hardware.

yes, with just my standard notebook I can get signals from both Truehome Wifi and WiFi Residential, if you can't then you may need an external antenna or it simply may not be available in your particular area.

doing a search for wirelss networks available will reveal all.

and if you are really serious, you can buy yourself a 'sniffer'