Restore Data

pattani

We had a computer crash but when we now open Firefox (no bookmarks) and Thunderbird (no accounts and e-mails) there is nothing more. How can we restore this.

We find data by Documents and Setting but how can I restore.

We try restore date and time before crash but same no bookmarks and no account and e-mails.

Please advise what to do ?

We have a lot of e-mails, is there a otherway to save them but not in Thunderbird

How to do ?

Thanks

Pattani

This is a longshot but try installing Mozilla(netscape) and making its mail program your default. It should ask you if you want to import all your current mail folders and address book. That might work. I had a similar problem when I lost my emails from Outlook, but when I installed thunderbird it 'found' them again when it imported all my Outlook stuff.

Worth a try if you can't find anything else.

There is a forum at mozilla.org specificly for Thunderbird problems, try there too.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=39

cv

Restore everything on your computer and then through the Windows Contol Panel remove the Thunderbird and Firefox programs. After rebooting reinstall a new Thunderbird and Firefox. They will automatically find the data, for it was not stored in the same directory as the programs.

Then go to: http://email.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite....asnapaka.com%2F and download the Moz Backup program in case this happens again. If you have a poblem, let me know and I can email the program to you.

Do not forget to add all the Extensions that you had earlier. They are gone.

Good luck and keep us posted

Edited by mouse

• 9 months later...