I Need Help Looking For A Very Nice Place To Live In Chiang Mai

westbounder

Hi,

Since I am moving to Chiang Mai in September I am now looking for a nice and quiet housing development or Condo with a fitness center that I can rent, (the place must be furnished and quiet). Not located in a high traffic area with barking dogs and Tuk Tuks.

Can anyone give me tips on where some of these places may be located? I am not real familiar with the street names so please give me apx. directions.

Thank You kindly

Hi,

Since I am moving to Chiang Mai in September I am now looking for a nice and quiet housing development or Condo with a fitness center that I can rent, (the place must be furnished and quiet). Not located in a high traffic area with barking dogs and Tuk Tuks.

Can anyone give me tips on where some of these places may be located? I am not real familiar with the street names so please give me apx. directions.

Thank You kindly

Moo Baan Karnkanok 1, if heading out of town towards sankampeang, so the airport shoping center was on your right, just keep going straight, over 2 sets of trafic lights, past where the road opens to 2 lanes (with turn left to borsang) back in to 1, then its just over a little bridge on your right (big sign). About 10-15minutes from airport plaza.

It has nice pool, fitness, suana, security, attractive gated development and it's quiet, no tuk tuks, mountain views, tesco, market, noddles an such not far away in borsang. Loads of houses around the estate have the "rent or sale" signs up, sure some will b available furnished.

I'd recomend staying in a hotel of a week or so and just drive around all the moo baans, for sure lots available. I'd also say you get alot more for your money renting a house rather than a condo, the only advantage of which is a shorter trip home from boozeyness.

Good luck

Hi,

Thank You kindly

Floral Condo and Twin Peaks. They are very good apartment with good security, clean all the times, good building structure and in the good location for getting around.

I stay in Hillside 4. Great location, can walk to the mall to buy my groceries. Nemanhamen road is a block away with many good eats. Building is so quite, some times I think I am the only one staying here! Lots of furnished units available right now as well. Has a fitness center with everything you need, but its a little rough around the edges.

I have to second the Hillside 4 recommendation. Never stayed there but been to the building many times. What's great is the location - very close to the Kad Suan Kaew mall, and Nemanhamen Rd. has much to offer. Lots of good restaurants in the area too.

Greetings, Westbounder,

We have two very nice studio condos in Hillside 4 condo building, big balconies with a beautiful view of Doi Suthep. The location is about 2 km outside of the old town, on the way to Chiang Mai University and close to Gat Suan Kaew shopping center. Quiet but lots of restaurants near by, and a big fitness center. For a long term rental, price is negotiable. You can see our ad here on Thai Visa for additional details.

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/?act=show_...=3&aid=8220

Regards,

Sally (Bangkok)

Hi,

Thank You kindly

Home in Park, very quiet, good finess centre 8little used), tennis court, great pool and bar/eater.

Daveybabe

I stay in Hillside 4. Great location, can walk to the mall to buy my groceries. Nemanhamen road is a block away with many good eats. Building is so quite, some times I think I am the only one staying here! Lots of furnished units available right now as well. Has a fitness center with everything you need, but its a little rough around the edges.

The east side of Hillside 4 overlooks a popular late night restaurant with loud, live entertainment. I used to live on the west side, it got very hot on sunny afternoons and caught a lot of Huay Kaew noise, most notably from vehicles with bad or nonexistent mufflers. The south side would also be sunny and hot and catch even more Huay Kaew noise. The interior rooms overlooking the pool are probably quiet, if you don't mind the lack of a view. If you want a well maintained gym forget about the one in Hillside 4, especially if you want functioning aerobic exercise machines. I also think Hillside 4 is overpriced for the rooms you get.

For quiet you will probably have to get well away from the center of Chiang Mai, which will take you far from any gyms I know of. Perfection is hard to find.

The east side of Hillside 4 overlooks a popular late night restaurant with loud, live entertainment. I used to live on the west side, it got very hot on sunny afternoons and caught a lot of Huay Kaew noise, most notably from vehicles with bad or nonexistent mufflers. The south side would also be sunny and hot and catch even more Huay Kaew noise. The interior rooms overlooking the pool are probably quiet, if you don't mind the lack of a view. If you want a well maintained gym forget about the one in Hillside 4, especially if you want functioning aerobic exercise machines. I also think Hillside 4 is overpriced for the rooms you get.

For quiet you will probably have to get well away from the center of Chiang Mai, which will take you far from any gyms I know of. Perfection is hard to find.

I live in a larger mooban which is fairly free of noise - certainly from the major traffic in downtown. I live out towards Maejo in a Land and Houses development. There really is NO noise. But I travel 14 kilometers to my gym. When I lived in the states I drove approximately the same distance, so it's no big deal to me. The quiet and safety of a larger development is more important to me than the minor inconvenience of traveling 10 - 15 minutes by car to exercise.

Hi,

Thank You kindly

Moo Baan Karnkanok 1, if heading out of town towards sankampeang, so the airport shoping center was on your right, just keep going straight, over 2 sets of trafic lights, past where the road opens to 2 lanes (with turn left to borsang) back in to 1, then its just over a little bridge on your right (big sign). About 10-15minutes from airport plaza.

It has nice pool, fitness, suana, security, attractive gated development and it's quiet, no tuk tuks, mountain views, tesco, market, noddles an such not far away in borsang. Loads of houses around the estate have the "rent or sale" signs up, sure some will b available furnished.

I'd recomend staying in a hotel of a week or so and just drive around all the moo baans, for sure lots available. I'd also say you get alot more for your money renting a house rather than a condo, the only advantage of which is a shorter trip home from boozeyness.

Good luck

I second the above, it's very quiet with great views, to give you an idea what the houses look like.

http://www.kkn.co.th/kknname.php?kknname=p...en&sound=on

Edited by Das65

Quick question regarding the Hillside 4 condos for rent if anyone knows. Can you just go along to Hillside 4 and ask them to show you around any available units, or have to wait/go through each agent/owner to view?

edit: Also, can i clarify what i read on another thread..that they charge a management fee (around 900 baht) and that internet fee is around 800 or so baht on top also? Any hidden costs to be aware of with there?

Edited by eek

Quick question regarding the Hillside 4 condos for rent if anyone knows. Can you just go along to Hillside 4 and ask them to show you around any available units, or have to wait/go through each agent/owner to view?

edit: Also, can i clarify what i read on another thread..that they charge a management fee (around 900 baht) and that internet fee is around 800 or so baht on top also? Any hidden costs to be aware of with there?

Maybe they have changed, but 2 years ago I just went there and asked to see what was available. The front desk had someone take me up to show a few different apartments.

• 4 months later...

I just made a 1 mo reservation at Hillside 4 for a studio facing Doi Suthep. I arrive in the middle of the month and leave in the middle of the month. Are they going to try to get me for 2 full months even though I'll be there 30days? Ive heard this happens in CM. And what about getting my 1 mo deposit back, is that going to be a pain too? Any other warnings, room selection and recommendations welcome. Thanks