Fabrique - 300 Baht Entry Fee For Foreigners

ProdigalSon

Ok, so for clarification, is Fabrique the place on the left side of the President, as you are facing it? Or is it the club on the inside, where you have to go through the hotel lobby to get to it?

It's the club on the inside, where you have to go through the hotel lobby to get to it.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a heads up, so be ready to do one of the following:

1) pay up

2) speak enough Thai to talk your way around it

3) take a copy of your work permit (sounds like a pain in the arse, but remember Thais have to carry their ID cards)

4) leave in disgust

Just like Mandalay, they are trying to limit the Farangs.

A Mandalay doorman once explained their policy ... 'Mai Aow Farang'!!

Maybe the owners of Fabrique drove past Spicey's at 4am one night.

So you are saying they gave the place a French name to NOT attract foreigners? And then they turn away business? And why the heck would they want your work permit if they didn't want foreigners? I think they didn't want you perhaps you were intoxicated when you arrived or not dress appropriately?

I would like to apologize to all the foreigners who felt that they were taken advantage of by Fabrique Club. As the owner of Fabrique Club and as a thai person who studied in Europe (UK for 12 years) .

If any Bartenders or waiters DISRESPECT OR TAKEN ADVANTAGE of any foreigners please e-mail me the tag on their uniform to my e-mail address : and they will be KICKED OUT & WILL BE DEALT WITH SERIOUSLY (I HATE RICAST PEOPLE because when i study overseas no foreigners has done that to me).

FABRIQUE

I would like to apologize to all the foreigners who felt that they were taken advantage of by Fabrique Club. As the owner of Fabrique Club and as a thai person who studied in Europe (UK for 12 years) .

If any Bartenders or waiters DISRESPECT OR TAKEN ADVANTAGE of any foreigners please e-mail me the tag on their uniform to my e-mail address : and they will be KICKED OUT & WILL BE DEALT WITH SERIOUSLY (I HATE RICAST PEOPLE because when i study overseas no foreigners has done that to me).

FABRIQUE

Could you please CLARIFY exactly what the rule is? Foreigners get charged 300 THB? what about if they have Thai ID (driving licence?) - and its 300 THB to bring in a bottle? that's what I was charged last night a total of 600 THB before I even had a first drink!

I think like a lot of farangs - we resent being charged to go in anywhere just because we are farang - you didn't get that when you lived in Europe chaimai?

Thanks

Could you please CLARIFY exactly what the rule is? Foreigners get charged 300 THB? what about if they have Thai ID (driving licence?) - and its 300 THB to bring in a bottle? that's what I was charged last night a total of 600 THB before I even had a first drink!

If you are such a cheap charlie farang that you take your own bottle to a place like this you DESERVE to be charged a lot extra! They do sell whiskey you know.......

If any Bartenders or waiters DISRESPECT OR TAKEN ADVANTAGE of any foreigners please e-mail me the tag on their uniform to my e-mail address : [email protected] and they will be KICKED OUT & WILL BE DEALT WITH SERIOUSLY (I HATE RICAST PEOPLE because when i study overseas no foreigners has done that to me).

FABRIQUE

:) Nice to see a Thai bar owner stepping up to the plate on this forum :D I can vouch for the fact he kicks out those who don't come up to scratch since he just fired one of my littel friends :D

FABRIQUE

When you say take advantage of, are you referring to the fact that farang pay 300 baht and thais do not.

We all look forward to your reply on this forum

I've never had any problems at Fabrique though I've only been there twice. I appreciate the owner's comments above though, you don't see that kind of thing often. That said, I certainly wouldn't pay 300 baht to get in.

I used to go to Mandalay often, though not in the last year. I had to pay that ridiculous cover because I was with a group of Thai friends who loved the place and always wanted to go there, and it always rubbed me wrong that out of a group of 10 people I was the only one that had to pay cover.

I've been there about 15 times over the years, and I'm a little skeptical of the stories in this thread about 500 baht covers and 5 angry Thai guys surrounding people. The cover was always 300 baht for me, free for my Thai friends. There was usually one or two doormen that couldn't care less who was coming in as long as you paid the cover. The only big problem is that the club is full of thieves. If you leave your bottle or a purse unattended, somebody will snatch it, as happened to us several times. Once a friend of mine paid for a drink with a 1000 baht note and the waiter never returned with his change. He complained and they brought all of the waiters into the bar area so that he could point out which one took the money. The guy wasn't there, he wasn't even a waiter in the place! Just some guy with a black shirt that had taken the money and ran out. Can't fault the club though, they were very polite and helpful about it.

They only problem I ever had with one of the staff was when I once gave a 500 baht note to the girl at the counter outside to pay for my 300 baht cover. When she walked back with my 200 baht change, she stuffed it into her bra and said "Tip for me", and started walking away. I shouted "hey!" several times and she just ignored me and kept walking. I had to actually chase her across the bar and grab her arm to make her stop. When I told her she couldn't keep the 200 baht, she took it out and thew it on the floor. I couldn't believe how rude she was, that just doesn't happen in Thailand often.

FABRIQUE

When you say take advantage of, are you referring to the fact that farang pay 300 baht and thais do not.

We all look forward to your reply on this forum

Yes, why would you charge foreigners when they usually spend more money than the Thais? Although I am for a cover charge for all. Keeps out the trash.

"keeps out the trash" ? well i guess you are calling 95% of all the retired and most all younger expats and 99.9% of all the Thai university students here Trash.

so thank you getgoin very sweet mouth on this fine Sunday morning.

God bless you .

Edited by gatorhead333

They only problem I ever had with one of the staff was when I once gave a 500 baht note to the girl at the counter outside to pay for my 300 baht cover. When she walked back with my 200 baht change, she stuffed it into her bra and said "Tip for me", and started walking away. I shouted "hey!" several times and she just ignored me and kept walking. I had to actually chase her across the bar and grab her arm to make her stop. When I told her she couldn't keep the 200 baht, she took it out and thew it on the floor. I couldn't believe how rude she was, that just doesn't happen in Thailand often.

That sounds like the ladboy who works on the door :) she's harmless really :D

Although I am for a cover charge for all. Keeps out the trash.

I agree. It's just the way that it's implemented here that is so offensive.

I'm originally from Hawaii, and there is double pricing for admission to all the tourist destinations too, but it's handled in a much less offensive way. First off, the pricing has nothing to do with race, unlike here. Here, if an American tourist of Thai ancestry tried to walk into someplace around here, he would probably get charged Thai price because he looked Thai (assuming he didn't open his mouth and speak). Likewise, a blond haired and blue eyed Thai citizen (rare, but they do exist!) probably has to explain himself everywhere he goes throughout his life. In Hawaii, you don't walk in because you look Hawaiian but get stopped because you don't. It's not about your skin color or how you look.

Second, the pricing is worded like this:

Regular Admission: $5

Discounted Admission for Hawaii Locals (Show ID): $1

That's far less offensive than the Thai:

Thai price: 10 Baht

Price for rich white people: Triple

or my other favorite:

Price: 100 bath

ราคาคนไทย ๑๐ บาท

If you are such a cheap charlie farang that you take your own bottle to a place like this you DESERVE to be charged a lot extra! They do sell whiskey you know.......

Hmmmm don't the Thais do that too? I saw nearly ALL of them taking a bottle in? so why am I a cheap charlie farang and they are not cheap charlie Thais??? your posts are always not very well thought through...

Maybe he brought real whiskey not the cheap ass 100 Pipers the TRUE CHEAP CHARLIES in this country drink. HELLO? 8 Thais standing around a table

sharing 1 bottle of 200 baht 100 PIPERS. puke puke. Oh but they got the newest Nokia phone and kung <deleted> haircut, so they're cool.

It sounds like I'm happy I always avoided the place. People already told me it sucked, but reading this really takes it to the next level.

I'm typically a low-class establishment kind of guy but this is just completely outrageous.. All the little student pubs in the Santitham area or near Kham Thiang remain perfectly respectful and no double pricing. Why would anyone bother with places like Mandalay or Spicy.. And 'keep out the riff-raff', please, those places ARE the riff-raff of society.

Just a heads up, so be ready to do one of the following:

1) pay up

2) speak enough Thai to talk your way around it

3) take a copy of your work permit (sounds like a pain in the arse, but remember Thais have to carry their ID cards)

4) leave in disgust

Just like Mandalay, they are trying to limit the Farangs.

A Mandalay doorman once explained their policy ... 'Mai Aow Farang'!!

Maybe the owners of Fabrique drove past Spicey's at 4am one night.

So you are saying they gave the place a French name to NOT attract foreigners? And then they turn away business? And why the heck would they want your work permit if they didn't want foreigners? I think they didn't want you perhaps you were intoxicated when you arrived or not dress appropriately?

Youdrankwhat?

It sounds like I'm happy I always avoided the place. People already told me it sucked, but reading this really takes it to the next level.

I'm typically a low-class establishment kind of guy but this is just completely outrageous.. All the little student pubs in the Santitham area or near Kham Thiang remain perfectly respectful and no double pricing. Why would anyone bother with places like Mandalay or Spicy.. And 'keep out the riff-raff', please, those places ARE the riff-raff of society.

I was in Spicy twice this weekend. First time in quite a while. Seems they are trying to clean up a bit. Instead of the usual stench of bodily functions, mixed with a hint of vomit, it now smelled sort of like a doctor's office. Very strong chemical smell now, bunch much improved over the previous oders. Additionally, the floor itself and the bathrooms were much, much cleaner than I previously recall them being. Overall, very welcome improvements!

-Mestizo

gee they cleaned the toilets ... this changes everything bad to good about Spicy..

you maybe were smelling the disinfectant used to try to kill this pig flu.. If you think about it for a second spicy is jammed with people back to back, butt to butt.. with very poor to almost no venilation The exact place not to be with this flu going round.

Maybe he brought real whiskey not the cheap ass 100 Pipers the TRUE CHEAP CHARLIES in this country drink. HELLO? 8 Thais standing around a table

sharing 1 bottle of 200 baht 100 PIPERS. puke puke. Oh but they got the newest Nokia phone and kung <deleted> haircut, so they're cool.

i detect a real deep rooted animosity . first off why would one care if 8 or 28 Thai people shared a bottle of booze? Why do you care if it is 100 pipers or rice wine for that matter since you are not drinking it.Yes many Thai people are of modest means ..

Then to sum up "they got the newest nokio phone and kung <deleted> haircuts" now we get pissed off about current fashion in choice of haircuts too???

They are thai people in their own country,having fun ,while you are "looking into from the outside" . Why do some farangs somehow think they are somehow so much better?Further more why do some farangs think it is their place to judge? maybe envy, maybe bigotry maybe some of both.

we are all shuman the human here on earth for a very short time and in this case we "farangs" are in a very different culture In this particular country we are surrounded by a very sweet forgivng people and some of the most wonderfully good natured in the world. So lets all keep our better than thou attitude to oursleves. Thailand is a very,very nice place you could somehow have to be in Malaysia or being beat with a cane in Singapore for a simple visa over stay!!! rejoice when you are standing next to 8 Thais drinking 100 pipers for most all these Thai people are some of the sweetest natured in the world!

Edited by gatorhead333

Hmmmm don't the Thais do that too? I saw nearly ALL of them taking a bottle in? so why am I a cheap charlie farang and they are not cheap charlie Thais??? your posts are always not very well thought through...

And I bet not one of the Thais, paid 300 Bt to take a bottle in........ :D My friends tell me the Thai charge is 50Bt. :)

Re; Mandagay:

Whilst I agree with most of your post, don't put Mandagay in the same category as Spicy. Whilst I don't go every night, Mandagay can be fun on occassions if you go with a good crowd of Thais, and the cover charge is very effective at keeping out the people who go to Spicy :) As to Spicy, never, never , never..... :D

Edited by Paagai

I was in Spicy twice this weekend. First time in quite a while. Seems they are trying to clean up a bit. Instead of the usual stench of bodily functions, mixed with a hint of vomit, it now smelled sort of like a doctor's office. Very strong chemical smell now, bunch much improved over the previous oders. Additionally, the floor itself and the bathrooms were much, much cleaner than I previously recall them being. Overall, very welcome improvements!

-Mestizo

They are preparing for Abhisit's visit :) after all, he does come from Newcastle-upon-tyne, and geordies love this kinda place. It will be the centrepiece of his visit to CM and one place where he knows he'll be safe from the red shirts :D

Mestizo, I hope you recover from your illness soon: "in Spicy twice this weekend" :D

They are preparing for Abhisit's visit :D after all, he does come from Newcastle-upon-tyne, and geordies love this kinda place. It will be the centrepiece of his visit to CM and one place where he knows he'll be safe from the red shirts :D

Mestizo, I hope you recover from your illness soon: "in Spicy twice this weekend" :D

I'm fine thanks! Other than a serious case of "brown-bottle flu" the next morning, no issues to report! :)

I quite enjoy an occasional visit to this fine establishment. Its a lot of fun to watch "the show". Taking a bunch of farangs from all over the place with varing backgrounds, a bunch of bar girls, and some random Thai people, mixing them all in a room with music and booze, and watching how they interact, is quite entertaining!

Additionally, it gives me a chance to meet and chat with other farangs my own age. Something I've come to covet in my time here.

Now I know that until I start bashing Spicy for no good reason, I will never be considered a cool expat kid nor part of the expat in-crowd, but whatever. Spicy is still alot of fun for me. Then again, I am also the type of person that usually will enjoy myself no matter where I go (i.e. not your average bitch-&-moan about everything TV'er!).

-Mestizo

g-head

the thais that can afford the latest nokias, hair-styles, souped up cars etc are NOT of modest means. i think you might be suprised just how

wealthy some thais are here. for paagay to call him a cheap charlie for bringing his own bottle aint right. he's right, the thais do it all the time,

the same thais that roll up in expensive cars, so who's the cheap charlie?

btw most of my friends here are thais, i have hardly any farang friends nor am i seeking any out.

i see wealthy thais being charged 25% of what many broke-ass farangs get charged all the time here. the double pricing game here is simply

open hunting season on farangs ie ANYONE WITH WHITE SKIN irregardless of their visa/employment status here.

HTWOOD is right. They dont even make an attempt to make it a non-racial issue. At least in Hawaii they ask you for a state ID, if you have one, you

pay the local rate. Here they just cant be bothered with doing that, guess why? it only leads to less money,not more, and who gives a flying Fk what any farang customer thinks anyway? Business, thai style.