Thailand Live Friday 11 October 2024

3. 174

Why do retirees marry in Thailand ?

4. 73

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

5. 2

Afghan Man charged with Election day terror plot

6. 1

Double-Ten Retailer Promotions: 10-10 is a Chinese Holiday. So, why is this big DEAL here?

7. 0

93-Year-Old Woman Crawls into Sakae Krang River & is Missing While Daughter Sleeps

8. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

9. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

10. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

11. 7

Thailand triumphs in UN Human Rights council bid

12. 2

Donald Trump’s New Tax Promise: Eliminating Income Taxes for Americans Abroad

Tank Bag For Supersport Bike

dunder

Hi again..

So far you guys have helped me a lot with my installation as a biker in BKK.. Let's see if you might be able to help me on this one too. I am looking for a nice tank bag to my zx-10 - preferably expandable with magnets to keep it in place, around 10-15 L, and water proof.

I know where to buy nice ones in Sweden, but hey - I live in Bkk now. I have looked at Icon Primer which they sell at Dirtshop but I'd like to have a few ones to compare it with. If you know a store except for Dirtshop, Red Baron or The Paddock that have something great - let me know. It would be even better If you can share a picture of it on your bike..

Peace,

Johan

Unfortunately, I think Paddock has the largest selection in Bangkok.

There's also Panda Rider http://www.pandarider.com/GDR/index.asp but I don't see any tank bags listed on their site. You may have to call them to check.

I got mine at Paddock for about 1,600. It's a generic brand name one, and it's only waterproof if you pull the built-in cover over it. The bag is on the left of the following pic. It's expanded to it's full size, but looks lopsided because of what I had in it.

img4680f.jpg

Edited by Zzinged

I also got my tank bag at the Paddock- it's a Fieldshear, nothing too fancy, but has worked fine, except that when I use it on the naked ER6n the magnets aren't strong enough and it wants to blow away when I ride over ~140km/hr so I've stopped using it...

Dr Bike (Chok Chai 4) sometimes has some interesting bike luggage. I quite like the look of these Givi T431N Soft Bags:

DM0831.jpg

Givi makes some very nice tank bags as well. There's a Thai mail order company called Bikemate that has a lot motorcycle luggage. Here's the link: http://bikemate.net

(I think, but am not 100% sure that this is the company that LivinLOS used to order his touring luggage)

The Givi T210N for example, sells for 2565 Baht:

T210N.200130751_std.jpg

A couple of other shops you might want to check are Fastcorner and Stadium.

Good luck and happy shopping!

bump.. I haven't found the right one for me yet. Anyone else having pics of their tank bags or an idea of where to look? (excluding fastcorner, Stadium, the paddock, red baron, dirtshop)

peace,

Johan

order from overseas?

I thought I could avoid that solution by asking here:) I have a friend coming here in a week but he is bringing my new exhaust already and I didn't want to be too "demanding"..

Time will tell what happens.. I truly believe that someone in Bangkok can offer what I'm looking for:)

Peace,

Johan

ps.. I like the one you have Zzinged. But I'm not sure - it might be a bit big. How many litres is it? Does it affect you when driving a bit faster than normal? (you might always be driving FAST though :) )

ps2.. the Givi T210 that Tony attached a picture of. It sure looks good, but Givi themselves don't even sell that model on their website. This fact makes me a little suspicious that it might be a copy.. (or maybe just a new/old model)

Edited by dunder

Dunde. Who cares if its a copy if it does the job :D You will not be paying top dollar for it.

true true :D ...I will not argue with you on that point regarding most pirated merchandise. Only one problem with copied tank bags - Those pirates usually do a great job sewing the bags together - but I can tell from experience that they seem to forget one of the most important features of a tank bag. The magnets! And I really don't want to be the driver who has to learn, if the magnets are strong enough for high speed, the hard way :)

Peace,

Johan

BigbikeBkk.. did you have the same model as Zzinged have on his picture? The Fieldshear they sell at Paddock looks ok but if the magnets aren't strong enough it's a NoNo..

Edited by dunder

Dunder, the fieldsheer can house a full-face helmet when expanded. The magnets are pretty strong, and I have never had a problem with it wanting to blow off, even at high speed. Then again, all the bikes I've used it on had a windscreen of some sort. There are 8 magnets in total in 2 flaps, and they're strong enough to hold my helmet + bag (about 3kg) on to a fridge door. The only effect it has on me when driving fast is there I can't tuck in behind the windscreen :)

Edited by Zzinged

Dunder, the fieldsheer can house a full-face helmet when expanded. The magnets are pretty strong, and I have never had a problem with it wanting to blow off, even at high speed. Then again, all the bikes I've used it on had a windscreen of some sort. There are 8 magnets in total in 2 flaps, and they're strong enough to hold my helmet + bag (about 3kg) on to a fridge door. The only effect it has on me when driving fast is there I can't tuck in behind the windscreen :D

hehe.. I guess that's a problem with all tank bags on sport bikes. Paddock actually had a couple that seemed reasonable.. The chinese lady forgot to show me anything else but the Alpinestar costing 9900 last time I was there :) .. I'll go up to Paddock and try it on! Thanks Zzinged.

Peace,

Johan

ps.. I like the one you have Zzinged. But I'm not sure - it might be a bit big. How many litres is it? Does it affect you when driving a bit faster than normal? (you might always be driving FAST though :) )

ps2.. the Givi T210 that Tony attached a picture of. It sure looks good, but Givi themselves don't even sell that model on their website. This fact makes me a little suspicious that it might be a copy.. (or maybe just a new/old model)

Hi Johan!

FYI- Givi has two 'divisions' for lack of a better word. They have the goods produced for the European/North American and other "1st World" markets that are incredibly expensive, and they have second manufacturing and distribution network that is based in Malaysia. The Malaysian products are still genuine Givi but cost a fraction.

Happy Trails!

Tony

BigbikeBkk.. did you have the same model as Zzinged have on his picture? The Fieldshear they sell at Paddock looks ok but if the magnets aren't strong enough it's a NoNo..

Hi Johan,

I believe I have the same tank bag as Zzinged. It worked great on a faired bike and should work just fine on your Ninja ZX10R.

But, as I said in an earlier post, "I also got my tank bag at the Paddock- it's a Fieldshear, nothing too fancy, but has worked fine, except that when I use it on the naked ER6n the magnets aren't strong enough and it wants to blow away when I ride over ~140km/hr so I've stopped using it..."

I remember NakedAIR had the same problems with his magnetic bag trying to 'fly away' when he rode his XJR1300 over ~150km/hr or so.

My friend up in Chiang Mai uses the Fieldsheer magnetic tank bag on his ER6n and he doesn't ride fast so it's worked fine for him-

052709SamoengBikes1Sm.jpg

(I rented the orange bike on the right and used the tank bag for gentle touring without any problems.)

Happy Trails!

Tony

Hi Johan,

I believe I have the same tank bag as Zzinged. It worked great on a faired bike and should work just fine on your Ninja ZX10R.

But, as I said in an earlier post, "I also got my tank bag at the Paddock- it's a Fieldshear, nothing too fancy, but has worked fine, except that when I use it on the naked ER6n the magnets aren't strong enough and it wants to blow away when I ride over ~140km/hr so I've stopped using it..."

I remember NakedAIR had the same problems with his magnetic bag trying to 'fly away' when he rode his XJR1300 over ~150km/hr or so.

My friend up in Chiang Mai uses the Fieldsheer magnetic tank bag on his ER6n and he doesn't ride fast so it's worked fine for him-

052709SamoengBikes1Sm.jpg

(I rented the orange bike on the right and used the tank bag for gentle touring without any problems.)

Happy Trails!

Tony

Tony.......... I'm also looking for a tank bag .....however I require the smaller flavour as the tank on the ER6N seems an odd shape for a larger bag (magnet issues)

Im also concerned that it may rust! :D (Sorry guys ...little joke from seperate thread)

I tried Padock however.... the money grabbing @@@@@@@'@ wanted 6500THB for a 20GBP bag!

I know its imported gear but ............................. is it really? Imported from the copy shoppy I think!

Anyway.......................................

Lost the point of my reply............................... :)

Good luck with your shopping!

Tony.......... I'm also looking for a tank bag .....however I require the smaller flavour as the tank on the ER6N seems an odd shape for a larger bag (magnet issues)

Im also concerned that it may rust! :D (Sorry guys ...little joke from seperate thread)

I tried Padock however.... the money grabbing @@@@@@@'@ wanted 6500THB for a 20GBP bag!

I know its imported gear but ............................. is it really? Imported from the copy shoppy I think!

Anyway.......................................

Lost the point of my reply............................... :D

Good luck with your shopping!

LOL! Perhaps a little rust on the brain??? :) I know I'm certainly feeling a bit rusty today! :D

Man- I got my Fieldshear tank bag from Paddock for only 1200 Baht. That was the price they were asking and that's about what they retail for in the US so I didn't even bargain with them on that item. Perhaps they don't stock them anymore and have replaced them with more expensive models?

Having said that- most of the shwag in the Paddock is grossly overpriced and some of it is not authentic and some items are factory seconds so it's a good idea to go over things meticulously to determine condition and what you really think they are worth. The good news is that all prices are negotiable. Even "sale" prices. The other good news is that once they get to know you they are much more friendly and drop the prices more quickly on subsequent visits.

I've seen a few guys with interesting little tank bags that clip onto a ring bracket that is bolted to their fuel cap ring. I think that it's a more secure system than magnetic and is also less likely to scratch your tank. Never seen these for sale in Thailand but they are pretty cool.

Quick-lock-adaptor.jpg

A bunch of them here and the prices are quite reasonable: http://www.bmwbikebits.co.uk/categories/ca...449-Luggage.htm

Ride On!