Burning Dvd Problem

gennisis

I have a number of TV downloads about 2-400 mgbs each. I burn the first one...try to burn the next on the same disc. Plenty of room for it,but neither 'convert x to dvd 'or 'Imburn' will accept the command. They want a clean new disc for each burn.

So...what do I do?. Its stupid,to my mind.to use a 4.8 mgb disc just for a small film....I know the blank disc is only costing me 10 baht....but its the principle11 :)

I have a number of TV downloads about 2-400 mgbs each. I burn the first one...try to burn the next on the same disc. Plenty of room for it,but neither 'convert x to dvd 'or 'Imburn' will accept the command. They want a clean new disc for each burn.

So...what do I do?. Its stupid,to my mind.to use a 4.8 mgb disc just for a small film....I know the blank disc is only costing me 10 baht....but its the principle11 :)

You dont say what sofware you are using, but there should be an option un uncheck "finalise disc" when writing, as this is the likely cause of your problem........you are preventing anything being added to it by leaving the default setting, methinks

Penkoprod

To burn DVD format all files must be in the queue before you start to burn. Just add files to the queue but remember you are expanding greatly when going from a normal download 400mg file and that will probably take up more than a gig on the DVD at a good quality. If you do not need DVD format (many of the newer players can play DivX and other computer formats) you can just burn the files using Windows master format. There is no loss of space that way.

Edited by lopburi3

Convert X to DVD will only allow you to burn the disk once. so you need to make sure you have all the videos you want on the disk queued up for burning at one time. However you may check the setting to see if you can make the program not finalize the DVD to allow for additional movies to be added later.

Convert X to DVD will only allow you to burn the disk once. so you need to make sure you have all the videos you want on the disk queued up for burning at one time. However you may check the setting to see if you can make the program not finalize the DVD to allow for additional movies to be added later.

Yes...I now find a button that allows me to load more files before conversion and burning when I use 'convert x to dvd",so was able to get 6 episodes of a TV series on the one disc.

Should have read the operating help before :)