Thaksin: Special Security Protection For Me In Malaysia

webfact

farang hua ku......

Is that a [slight miss-]transliteration of one of the rudest word you can call someone? Say that to any person outside this forum and you would get pummeled on hard. Especially if you say it to a Thai person that you are not a _real_ good friend of.

Think just because it is written in poorly transliterated Thai you won't have to answer to the rules of this forum?

OR

Just learnt a new word and wanna try it out before you get banned the normal way as with your other accounts?

Yes, that would be a flame in thai for sure.

And of course publicly hoping tor another coup d'etat would be against forum rules too, me thinks.

..... Let's hope the rumor i heard'll came true. Another coup is looming and new appointed PM would be either Somkid Jatusripitak or .... .....
Emancipate

Function: transitive verb

1 : to free from restraint, control, or the power of another; especially :

to free from bondage <emancipated the slaves> —compare ENFRANCHISE

2 : to release from the care, responsibility, and control of one's parents —

compare AGE OF MAJORITY, LEGAL AGE

NOTE: The circumstances under which a minor may become emancipated vary from state to state.

In many states, however, the marriage of a minor results in his or her emancipation.

Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law

So you are for lowering the voting age or childs freedom from parents?

So you are saying that Thai people are in bondage:

not free to travel, or take a different job, or marry whom they choose?

Oh yes, you seem to think Bangkok holds them in bondage,

not the local puyais and influential people, rice millers etc,

often directly tied to the political class via PTP among others.

Your handle is a Transitive Verb?

Or a call for insurrection?

Edited by animatic

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ho Ho Ho

I'm here to fight the propaganda! Nothing more.

Also, I'm here for the representation of the extreme rising of the sentiment of the deprived Thai people, all over the country.

Do you honestly believe that the bangkokain are all happy with the current govt and the never-ending political problems and could not analyze the flows of past events over the last 70 years? We won't let the media and the dictatorial networks keep crushing us forever and ever.

"Absolute power absolutely corrupted"

Edited by emancipationthailand

Ho Ho Ho

Also, I'm here for the representation of the extreme rising of the sentiment of the deprived Thai people, all over the country.

Do you honestly believe that the bangkokain are all happy with the current govt and the never-ending political problems and could not analyze the flows of past events over the last 70 years? We won't let the media and the dictatorial networks keep crushing us forever and ever.

The people I know are much happier now than, say, 3 years ago. Search around on the forum for my previous posts to see what cross-section of BKK society that refers to.

There's only one more common wish remaining which is Thaksin related, and certainly isn't his return.

Ho Ho Ho

Please, if you are going to quote, try and use the correct quotation and name of the speaker.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Lord Acton, Letter to Bishop Mandell Creighton, 1887

Thaksin wanted absolute power and was absolutely corrupt. (As are a large number of politicians regardless of nationality.)

farang hua ku......

If you ever had any credibility on this forum, that comment made it vanish.

Hopefully you'll do the same...

^^ I'll consider taking that path by making myself invisi.... why do i bother typing in english here. All of you seemed to be thai imposters.

LOL :D seemingly as a paranoid a statement as I have ever read here.

So we must be all Thai imposters to know Thai insults...

what a jingoist concept.

Typically farangs mis-pronounce something

and our women jump all over us for saying something unmentionably crude,

simply because we pronounce things so badly we do it and not know.

There for we learn the words we SHOULD NOT SAY, and when to NOT say them....

Like dog and horse... simple for you not so for us.

Try and say dog and end up an ass. :)

Edited by animatic

Lord Acton, a great guy for any dinner party.

Few people get quotes with such traction.

"Democracy is not my aim."

Hhhmmm doubt it will last.

Yes indeed he was and here's more proof.

"And remember, where you have a concentration of power in a few hands, all too frequently men with the mentality of gangsters get control. History has proven that. "

Lord Acton

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections. "

Lord Acton

Sound familiar? :)

Edited by ratcatcher

Yes, rather Jeffersonian.

Lets add

Actons possible starting point,m though he was more concise.

"Unlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who posses it;

and this I know, my lords: that where laws end, tyranny begins. "

William Pitt the Elder

“Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it”.

George Santayana

"We look forward to the time when the power to love of will replace the love of power.

Then will our world know the blessings of peace."

W E Gladstone

"Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat."

John Lehman (US Secretary of the Navy, 1981-1987)

"Nearly all men can stand adversity,

but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Abraham Lincoln

"I hope our wisdom will grow with our power, and teach us,

that the less we use our power the greater it will be."

Thomas Jefferson

"Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true."

Honore de Balzac

These last few would be well advised reading for Dr. T.

"Those who have been once intoxicated with power,

and have derived any kind of emolument from it,

even though but for one year, never can willingly abandon it.

They may be distressed in the midst of all their power;

but they will never look to anything but power for their relief."

Edmund Burke

"Power is the great aphrodisiac."

Henry Kissinger

"The more you are talked about, the less powerful you are."

Benjamin Disraeli

"Once we have power we will never give it up!"

Heinrich Himmler

"Every Communist must grasp the truth: 'Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun.'"

Mao Zedong

"Power must never be trusted without a check."

John Adams

"The arts of power and its minions are the same in all countries and in all ages.

It marks its victim; denounces it; and excites the public odium and the public hatred,

to conceal its own abuses and encroachments."

Henry Clay

Not mind boggling at all. Are you suggesting that all these millions are "intellectually challenged dolts" from the NE as the English media would have you believe? Have you ever stopped to consider the possibility that these people have legitimate reasons for re-electing him and the Democratic Samak/Somchai Governments that followed. I marvel at how Thai people are able to see through the orchestrated media demonization campaign of Thaksin. They are much more astute than the Farangs who populate this forumn. They see through the media propaganda which has most farangs so ensnared. They have a historical perspective and a clear awareness of their self-interest. Some people suggest that large sectors of society cannot vote responsibly and accordingly, others have a better opinion of what is best for them. Arrogance that knows no bounds. Voters in all legitimate Democracies vote in their own best self-interest, and the majority is elected accordingly. To abort this process leads to national instability wherever it occurs.

Hello sprog

I have spoken to many Thais. usually poor or hard working and they all support Thaksin. When I mention his corruption they point out that All thai politcians are corrupt but the difference with Thaksin was that he got things done, civic project completed, and he helped poor people. As opposed to the corrupt cosmopolitan elite who have helped nobody but them selves and their spoilt, arrogant hi so kids.

And the moderators of this forum should censure those who make silly personal comments and criticize italics.

The media in Thailand is in effect in the control of the yellow shirted anti-democrat thugs and bully boys to the extent that journalists who speak the truth outloud are murderd mexico/ russian style...There are certain outrageous laws in Thailand that are used to suppress the truth. ........ The Thais of the north east are not stupid at all ..they are just incredibly exploited and oppressed.