Foreign Currency Account At Bangkok Bank

A fwe years ago, I opened a Foreign Currency Account at Bangkok Bank and put US$ 25,000 in it in order to get a retirement visa.

At the time I opened the FCD Account (2002), the interest rates were 3,5%.

A few years ago, the interest on the US Dollar dropped to 1% in favor of the Euro which increased to 2%.

1% was only peanuts, but I could live with that.

Yesterday, I received the monthly overview of my Foreign Currency Account at Bangkok Bank and got almost a heart failure.

US$ 6 interest on US$ 25,000.

I went today to the local branch of Bangkok Bank, and got the the message that the interest on all the Foreign Currencies is 0% for the Current Accounts and 0.05% on the Savings Accounts.

Does other Thai Banks offer Foreign Currency Accounts and what's their interest rate?

Hi everybody...

I would like to use this thread to ask a couple of questions.

I need to open a Foreign Currency Savings Account, and I would like to know which bank would be my best option. I've been browsing and contacting different banks and overall they all offer the same (a slight difference with HSBC charging 0.50% per deposit-withdraw against 1% from other Thai banks). I also would like to know any key facts that I would have to consider in the opening of my account... I'm relatively new on this so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.