Where Can I Buy 9ct Gold Jewelry In Thailand

I want to buy 9ct jewelry in Thailand for resale in the west. Rings, bracelet's, necklaces and the like. No gems or stones. anyone know a good wholesaler?

not even a poor Thai would buy something like this :)

I want to buy 9ct jewelry in Thailand for resale in the west.

Rings, bracelet's, necklaces and the like. No gems or stones.

anyone know a good wholesaler?

Never seen it in Thailand, its a western "watered down" variety of gold because it is hard wearing.

Thais use their gold as jewellery AND as an investment, where the trade in value is around 70 to 75% of the gold price on the day, whereas 9ct is worth stuff all on a resale basis.......most of the original cost is in retailer mark up.

But of course you know all of this. Good luck in your search!!!

I think everywhere in the world it is illegal to call jewelry that is 9ct, Gold. The only place you can get away with doing that is the UK, where we have been ripped off for ages thinking we are buying real gold.

I believe it can only be refered to as Gold when it is 18ct or more.

Chris

With respect to many of the posts here, but most of what they say is incorrect. You can buy 9 k gold jewellry in Thailand and I was once partner in a business that manufactured such products for export. These companies are mostly promoted by BOI, you can find out lists of manufacturers/exporters here:

http://www.thaigemjewelry.or.th/

In fact, you can buy most grades of gold in Thailand even 99.9% gold - mostly ornaments and bars not jewelry - although 9k jewellry is not common at all amongst retailers. Also if exporting these beware that plain 9 K gold products usually have no market unless they include gemstones also.

Never seen it in Thailand, its a western "watered down" variety of gold because it is hard wearing.

Thais use their gold as jewellery AND as an investment, where the trade in value is around 70 to 75% of the gold price on the day, whereas 9ct is worth stuff all on a resale basis.......most of the original cost is in retailer mark up.

Well if you're happy with 70 to 75% of the intrinsic value of the gold please contact me.

I think everywhere in the world it is illegal to call jewelry that is 9ct, Gold. The only place you can get away with doing that is the UK, where we have been ripped off for ages thinking we are buying real gold.

I believe it can only be refered to as Gold when it is 18ct or more.

Chris

Same in Australia, all the gold shops sell 9 ct. The weird thing is the prices are more than the price of Asian 24ct!

Surely there is somewhere in Thailand that sells 9ct?

With respect to many of the posts here, but most of what they say is incorrect. You can buy 9 k gold jewellry in Thailand and I was once partner in a business that manufactured such products for export. These companies are mostly promoted by BOI, you can find out lists of manufacturers/exporters here:

http://www.thaigemjewelry.or.th/

In fact, you can buy most grades of gold in Thailand even 99.9% gold - mostly ornaments and bars not jewelry - although 9k jewellry is not common at all amongst retailers. Also if exporting these beware that plain 9 K gold products usually have no market unless they include gemstones also.

Thank you time traveler

Well if you're happy with 70 to 75% of the intrinsic value of the gold please contact me.

Those figures are total nonsense - today the sell price is 15550 per baht weight and buy price is 14826.28 per baht weight. You get the full buy price when you return but when you buy you do have to pay a nominal workmanship fee above the 15550 price. But to say it loses 25-30% is totally wrong.

Those figures are total nonsense - today the sell price is 15550 per baht weight and buy price is 14826.28 per baht weight. You get the full buy price when you return but when you buy you do have to pay a nominal workmanship fee above the 15550 price. But to say it loses 25-30% is totally wrong.

Yes, correct. On scrap gold you can usually sell it for about 95% of the current spot price. The only place where you will get any lower is if you try to pawn gold at a pawnbroker, they are likely to only give 70% (or even less) of the price due to risk of prices falling during the period of time that you borrow their money for.