First-time French Tourist Attacked And Robbed On Pattaya Beach.

Rimmer

Pattaya, July 15 [PATTAYA ONE NEWS] : Just after 2am on Wednesday, Police were called to Pattaya Beach Road in front of the Best Friend Bar Complex at the southern end of the Beach to assist a French Tourist who had been assaulted. At the scene, officers spoke with Mr. Preveppe aged 52 from France who had sustained facial injuries. While he was being given first aid, he explained that this was his first visit to Pattaya and was sitting on the beach when he was approached by a woman who asked if he wanted sexual services in return for a financial reward. He declined the offer but the woman was persistent and continued to speak with Mr. Preveppe. Three Thai Men then approached him and proceeded to attack him. A Gold necklace, a gold ring and a small bag containing his passport, mobile phone, credit cards and 5,000 Euros in cash were stolen by the men during the attack. Police are now checking Security Cameras at the location while Mr. Preveppe recovers from his injuries and comes to terms with the theft.

Source and pictures at

http://www.pattayaone.net/news/2009/july/news_15_07_52.shtml

Not a nice thing to happen on his first visit but to be sitting on the beach at 2am on your own wearing gold and carrying over 200,000 bahts worth of banknotes suggests he left his common sense at home.

WOW,common sense out the window on this holiday.I guess someone told him it was OK to carry that amount of cash....I'm guessing someone saw the notes and decided he was a tidy target.Poor bugger,if it was as simple as the report says,then i feel sorry for him. :)

exactly right, all the young punk wannabe-drug dealers hang-out there and every week something just like this happens. even at

2am there are people all over the place. for chrissakes, it's within sight of walking st. the police need to stop pussyfooting around

and run these vermin off who do nothing but prey on inebriated tourists like a pack of wild hyenas. it's absolutely disgraceful. :)

Seems very posible, the slut probably noticed the guy had some cash in his room, invited him for a romantic stroll on the beach after their amorous escapade while in the mean time calling her low life boyfriend.

But indeed refering to another thread, Thailand is not getting more dangerous at all? :)

Well, personally I've lived in Pattaya from '96 to '99 and cases such as this occured a lot less frequent.

I went back for a visit in 2007 and the place just had another vibe to it, more threatening I'd say.

Since '99 up to now I've lived in about 5 provinces without too much hassle, used to love Pattaya back in the nineties now I can't even be bothered going anymore.

Anyway sorry for the guy to run into such an ordeal on his first visit.

Why is it that anyone who gets robbed in Pattaya, including Thais, are always carrying ridiculous amounts of cash with them?

The reality is that it is very rare to find a Thai with more than 1,000 bt on them, and I don't know any farang that would carry more than 20k with them - even that most would consider foolhardy.

Something to do with insurance/ compo maybe?

Sorry that the guy took a battering, but when I see these ridiculous claims I tend to lose any sympathy I had.

A quote from the PDN story....

"Shortly afterwards, 5 young Thai men arrived at the scene. They were known as “Kah Joe” [Thai slang which means big local gangster], a gang who are known to be in control of the whole Pattaya beach area."

Too often crime stories have this type of statement within their text "who are known/who is known etc.", if all these criminals are already "known" why are they still free to carry out their less than honest activities???

when will people realise that going with freelancers is asking for trouble, especially in Pattaya, especially off the beach.

As I read it he didn't go anywhere with any prostitute. The only place he went was to hospital after the cop's mates worked the old guy over (typical) .

Anyhow another happy tourist getting a taste of Thai hospitality (no pun intended) .

He can take his black eye back to France and tell all his friends to give Thailand a miss.

Edited by barky

Umm and you go for a stroll as a punter with your short time GF in Soho Uk or Kings cross and youd expect the same.

I dont understand why people do not expect anything else but trouble when they decide to hang out with prostitutes after doing the deed......

I mean you dont pick them up for conversation and strolls down the beach surely.

Umm and you go for a stroll as a punter with your short time GF in Soho Uk or Kings cross and youd expect the same.

I dont understand why people do not expect anything else but trouble when they decide to hang out with prostitutes after doing the deed......

I mean you dont pick them up for conversation and strolls down the beach surely.

You are very correct IMO , strolls & conversation is not what the fee is for is it ??? She probably told him the Money would be safer on him.

But if this was in Cleveland or LA the same thing could happen , but I don't think that it would be a gang operating with 'impunity'

This will not enhance Pattayas Image in France.

:)

This will not enhance Pattayas Image in France.

Nor will it enhance the image of the French !!

2am on Pattaya beach with 5,000 EURO in your bin and several Baht of gold round your neck............ Pleeeeease :)

1 man arrested following Wednesday’s assault on French Tourist. 5 further arrest warrants issued.

Pattaya, July 16 [PATTAYA ONE NEWS] : Following the vicious attack on a French Tourist on Pattaya Beach in the early hours of Wednesday Morning, Police have been working hard to capture those involved in the attack. The French Tourist, Mr. Preveppe made a formal Police Report later on Wednesday, however Police had already caught one suspect earlier after they had alerted local foreign exchange facilities to be on the lookout for any Thai Nationals exchanging large quantities of Euro’s. Police received a call from an Exchange located inside Rungland Village off the South Pattaya Road where a Thai Man had just exchanged 500 Euros. Police rushed to the location and detained Khun Joe aged 31. Back at the station he confirmed his involvement in the assault and was happy to reveal the names of a further 4 men involved in the attack. The woman who was speaking with Mr. Preveppe at the time of the assault was also identified. Arrest warrants for Khun Dumrong aged 24, Khun Manu aged 35, Khun Somtin aged 25, Khun Sumrong aged 22 and the female Khun Ganyanat aged 22 have been issued and Police are confident of locating and arresting the outstanding suspects in due course.

Source and pictures at

http://www.pattayaone.net/news/2009/july/news_16_07_52.shtml

Another report with pictures of the accused here

1 GANG MEMBER ARRESTED FOLLOWING PATTAYA BEACH ATTACK ON FRENCHMAN

Pattaya, 16th July [PDN] : On the 15th July PDN published the case of the French tourist, 52-year-old Mr. Booge Preneppe, who had been beaten and robbed on Beach Road in South Pattaya

As an update we can report today that following intense investigations, police have now identified the members of the gang involved in the attack.

In the afternoon of 15th July deputy superintendent Police Lieutenant Colonel Chonapat Nawaluk and his team were informed that a Thai man by the name of Mr. Joe was exchanging 500 Euro at the Bank Gold money exchange in Soi Roongland.

A police team rushed to the shop where they caught Mr. Joe red handed. A quick search of his body revealed 23,500 Baht (the equivalent of 500 Euros) in his pocket. The money was seized as evidence and he was immediately taken to the police station for further investigation.

Under interrogation Mr. Joe confessed that the he had received the money from his friend, Mr. Dumrong. Further investigations revealed that the gang had used a blue Honda Wave motorbike, reg. no. 614 Chonburi, to drive from the scene of the attack to a bronze Toyota Mighty X pickup truck, reg. no. 6966 Chonburi, which was parked in Pattaya Second Road, and made their escape.

Police have released the names and addresses of the gang members. They are:

Joe Koompoom (31), residing at Soi Jarunsanitwong 79, Bangplud, Bangkok

Dumrong or Black Junkate (27), residing at 541/6 Moo 3 Borrai, Trad

Samrong or Kae Kaewpoo (25), residing at 11, Bandung, Udon Thani

Manu Juntra (36), residing at 389/129 Moo 6, Naklua, Banglamung

Somtin or At Kaewpoo, residing at 11, Bandung, Udon Thani

Also the final member of the gang, the woman who had accompanied the victim on the night of the attack, was identified as Miss Gunya or Nat (22), residing at 53,Moo. 8 Nongwah, Kaochakun, Srakaew.

Police are hunting down the remaining members of the gang and are confident they will be captured shortly.

This from:

http://pattayadailynews.com/shownews.php?IDNEWS=0000009757

WOW,common sense out the window on this holiday.I guess someone told him it was OK to carry that amount of cash....I'm guessing someone saw the notes and decided he was a tidy target.Poor bugger,if it was as simple as the report says,then i feel sorry for him. :)

I am feeling the same sensations.

This sad story teach at first how it's important to put the money in safety box. At second how is genuine to leave the jewels in the safety box too.

wish to him something wonderful for his next future.

I find the beach safe even at 2am, the problem is that the police have been excessively taxing the ladies lately as their funds have dried up so often there are only the male drug dealers around at 2am these days and then it isnt safe at all

These Thai crooks always seem to grass up the second theyre arrested, do the BIB use techniques of persuasion that would be very difficult to do here in dreary England.

Hopefully the little <snip> will get a good clip off his soon to be ex friends for being a grass, surely thatll be a worse sentence then prison ... it would be here in Blighty.

Edited by soundman
Removed excessive profanity.

The reality is that it is very rare to find a Thai with more than 1,000 bt on them, and I don't know any farang that would carry more than 20k with them - even that most would consider foolhardy.

Plenty carry several kgs. of bank notes with them, but usually on the way TO and FROM places of business or their homes, NOT for strolling on the beach. That said, nothing wrong with carrying the amounts the victim had with him, IMO, more just being in the bad part of town with bad people, not unlike anywhere else in the world.

:)

Edited by Heng