Extending An Extension

Hi,

I have a tourist visa and extended it for 30 days, this extension will end on 22nd July, it's a double entry tourist visa so I know I can leave and come back in on this (before 21st), however I have a flight booked to Vietnam for 26th July to get Non Imm B visa, I am unable to go before as the paperwork will not be back from labour dept etc.

Will immigration give me a further extension to the 26th July or am I blighted to do a border crossing to activate the second part of my tourist visa or just get VOA to cover me until 26th.

Thanks in advance for any info

Edited by redscouse

They may well give you a 7 day extension.

However I think you will find that your Visa will have expired before 26th July so you will lose your second entry.

It is probably Valid until around 22nd July. You were issued it in Vientienne on 22nd or23rd April which means it will expire in about 1 week.

EDIT.

I did not see that you were in fact getting a B Visa in Vietnam.

Immigration should give you a 7 day extension if you show them a ticket leaving Thailand within those 7 days.

the ability for second entry will expire on 21st July so i would go this weekend, but I am wondering if they will extend my first entry that has already been extended for the 30 days, the 30 days will finish on 22nd

Edit because I just saw your edit :) thats good news, I hope they will, I will head to immigration and ask them

Edited by redscouse

This is NOT being critical of the people at Thai Immigrations, as I go there myself 10-15 times a month and to a person they are good to deal with; BUT their phone skills in ‘engrish’ are sorely lacking.

Too many times people have called gotten the wrong information. They ended up going down there and got exactly what they wanted in the first place.

I know more people than I can count who extended their tourist visa for 30 days for 1900 baht; then went back and got an additional 7 day extension (of course at the same 1900 baht fee) without a problem.

You're out nothing but time to go try for an extension, I’d give it a shot. (Or waste a day doing a border run to activate the second entry on your tourist visa.)

I went to Immigration this morning and got the 7 day extension without any questions asked, just a cursory look at my flight ticket print out. considering the immigration officer on the phone saying they would not do it and advising me to do a re entry run or an overstay to get me to the 26th this was rather easy