Safari World

saintofsilence

Went to Safari World yesterday had a really good day it is worth going to see for anyone who hasn't been there. I arrived there a 9pm until 4.30 pm and there was plenty to see including :

Dolphin Show , Orangatang Boxing , Safari Park , Bird Show ,Spy Show , Seal Show and more.

here's a few pics.

orsw2.jpg

dsc0238h.jpg

dsc0070.jpg

dsc0669.jpg

img0678e.jpg

dsc0515.jpg

The w8nkers that run that place are money-grabbing torturers.

Do you really think orang0utans should be boxing? They are an endangered species and Safari World had dozens, yes dozens, of them a few years ago and were busted for it.

In addition, farangs pay a load more than Thais, but only rich Thais can afford to go anyway.

Bad place, bad people. Good shows (for the spectator), good photos.

Please do NOT promote them.

Great shots man. How much is the cost and where is it located?

The tiger pic is my favorite. :)

Safari World is at 99 Panyaintra Rd , Samwatawantok, Klongsamwa , Bangkok

About 40 minutes to get there in a taxi from On Nut

Cost is 740 baht for Farang and 450 for Thai well worth it

Do you really think orang0utans should be boxing? They are an endangered species and Safari World had dozens, yes dozens, of them a few years ago and were busted for it.

In addition, farangs pay a load more than Thais, but only rich Thais can afford to go anyway.

That's not correct what you say you make it sound like they are full on professional boxers.

I saw no harm done to the Oranagatangs when they were boxing , infact they looked quite happy .

Its not actually boxing just a bit of friendly pushing and shoving .

Have you actually been and watched it ?

Edited by saintofsilence

That's not correct what you say you make it sound like they are full on professional boxers.

I saw no harm done to the Oranagatangs when they were boxing , infact they looked quite happy .

Absolutely agree with 2long.

Anyone who enjoys watching wild animals dressed up and forced to perform in ANY way is a pathetic excuse for a human being.

I have only seen this "show" on the TV Series "Monkey World" which highlights the exploitation of Monkeys and Apes around the world - under no circumstances would I pay money to see animals mis-treated like this.

"They looked quite happy" - what a load of tosh!

Patrick

Safari world is a great day out..

Do they still have the mad hippo running around the ring and a somersaulting monkey from a sea saw onto his back !

now that was cruel the monkey would fire up in the air about 15ft to land on the hippo's back!

cruel but still funny....

i love the end show and you can feel the heat from the explosions and fire.... a real dramtic show...

its been over 5 years since i went but i had photos taken holding a baby tiger and hugging an oranguatan ....

where else can you do this...?

anybody who has a car and doesn't have a farang cause to worry about will enjoy this day out.

Absolutely agree with 2long.

Anyone who enjoys watching wild animals dressed up and forced to perform in ANY way is a pathetic excuse for a human being.

I have only seen this "show" on the TV Series "Monkey World" which highlights the exploitation of Monkeys and Apes around the world - under no circumstances would I pay money to see animals mis-treated like this.

"They looked quite happy" - what a load of tosh!

Patrick

You are being very harsh Patrick , millions of people around the world enjoy seeing animals act on tv or in shows , I guess you dont like dolphins or elephants performing either .

Why don't you go look at the show yourself before being so judgemental, these Orangatangs are probably more happy and safer than the ones being tracked down in the jungles and killed.

Safari world is a great day out..

Do they still have the mad hippo running around the ring and a somersaulting monkey from a sea saw onto his back !

now that was cruel the monkey would fire up in the air about 15ft to land on the hippo's back!

cruel but still funny....

i love the end show and you can feel the heat from the explosions and fire.... a real dramtic show...

its been over 5 years since i went but i had photos taken holding a baby tiger and hugging an oranguatan ....

where else can you do this...?

anybody who has a car and doesn't have a farang cause to worry about will enjoy this day out.

I never saw no mad hippo or monkey cannon , also you dont need to own a car to go there a taxi is about 250 to 300 baht from sukhumvit and then there is a bus that will take you around the safari park after that you can walk everywhere.

You are being very harsh Patrick , millions of people around the world enjoy seeing animals act on tv or in shows , I guess you dont like dolphins or elephants performing either .

Why don't you go look at the show yourself before being so judgemental, these Orangatangs are probably more happy and safer than the ones being tracked down in the jungles and killed.

You really have no conception of the harm you are contributing to do you?

A main reason Orangutans, Chimpanzees etc. are being “tracked down in the jungles and killed” is so that their young can be captured alive.

They are then sold to places like Safari World where they are beaten and mistreated until their natural instincts are destroyed and they submit to being dressed up to “perform” for the amusement of people such as you.

If people shunned such “entertainment” there would be no market for the young and much less hunting and killing in the wild.

Patrick

You really have no conception of the harm you are contributing to do you?

A main reason Orangutans, Chimpanzees etc. are being “tracked down in the jungles and killed” is so that their young can be captured alive.

They are then sold to places like Safari World where they are beaten and mistreated until their natural instincts are destroyed and they submit to being dressed up to “perform” for the amusement of people such as you.

If people shunned such “entertainment” there would be no market for the young and much less hunting and killing in the wild.

Patrick

Do you have evidence of this that they are beaten and mistreated , I would think that if they were beaten they would be unhappy these were not unhappy.

I never saw no mad hippo or monkey cannon , also you dont need to own a car to go there a taxi is about 250 to 300 baht from sukhumvit and then there is a bus that will take you around the safari park after that you can walk everywhere.

Thats right, i remember now, there are/were micro buses to take you around the safari part. is that still the case?

Forget these people with animal causes pulling your chain...

its one of those fantastic day outs in Thailand that is truly amazing...

I love the james bond big fight show...are the explosions and fireballs still big enough to feel the heat?

Even if another farang never goes to this place because of their idealogical belief the place will never close because the Thais love it...

Thats right, i remember now, there are/were micro buses to take you around the safari part. is that still the case?

Forget these people with animal causes pulling your chain...

its one of those fantastic day outs in Thailand that is truly amazing...

I love the james bond big fight show...are the explosions and fireballs still big enough to feel the heat?

Even if another farang never goes to this place because of their idealogical belief the place will never close because the Thais love it...

yes they have micro buses to take you around its about a 30 minute trip around the park in the bus and then you can go see all the shows by walking , I was there from 9.00 till 4.30 and still missed a couple of things.

I will definetly go again.

The tiger pic is my favorite. :D

Saw the signs on my way to Pattaya once and wondered what it was? Good to know for future reference. I don't know if you're aware of this or if it applies with this particular attraction but many attractions here will give farangs the Thai rate if you provide identification of residence like a Thai drivers license for example..

Been to many attractions and just produced the info. and got the Thai rate.. AT the Phuket aquarium a couple of Indians watched us do it and followed suit. You should give them a call first though so they can't pull a fast one on you at the entrance.. :)

Edited by WarpSpeed

Happy Orangatangs they even have there own band

So did you witness the training methods used to make these animals behave like that, or do you believe juvenile orangutans form a musical band and wear costumes whenever they are happy?

So did you witness the training methods used to make these animals behave like that, or do you believe juvenile orangutans form a musical band and wear costumes whenever they are happy?

Are you suggesting that Orangatangs are not musical gifted ?

The tiger pic is my favorite. :D

Saw the signs on my way to Pattaya once and wondered what it was? Good to know for future reference. I don't know if you're aware of this or if it applies with this particular attraction but many attractions here will give farangs the Thai rate if you provide identification of residence like a Thai drivers license for example..

Been to many attractions and just produced the info. and got the Thai rate.. AT the Phuket aquarium a couple of Indians watched us do it and followed suit. You should give them a call first though so they can't pull a fast one on you at the entrance.. :)

I never asked about the price for resident farangs but i will give it a go next time thanks

Are you suggesting that Orangatangs are not musical gifted ?

About as gifted as giraffes are at imitating camels.

Patrick's right...

You only need to watch (and believe) trustworthy documentary channels to discover how these creatures are 'trained.' Things like, 'we'll have your baby until you do what we want, then you can have your baby back for a bit.'

Orang-utans are ALMOST as intelligent as humans, but not nearly as cruel or selfish.

In reply to a very early post, 'Yes, I have been to see the show, but that was before I was educated about the place, the people and their methods.'

A simple Google or Bangkok Post search should be enough to find out about all the many secret orang-utans they had there... for what, who knows?

Well there will always be some one who will opose it same as they did to the American President for hitting a fly

President Barack Obama reflected on what fatherhood means to him and wrote down his thoughts. Read his original piece at Parade.com.

On Tuesday, a fly intruded during Obama’s interview with CNBC correspondent John Harwood at the White House. Obama swatted the fly and PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) is not happy, so they sent him a Katcha Bug Humane Bug Catcher, a device that allows users to trap a house fly and then release it outside.

“We support compassion even for the most curious, smallest and least sympathetic animals,” PETA spokesman Bruce Friedrich said Wednesday. “We believe that people, where they can be compassionate, should be, for all animals.”

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2009/06/18/pe...-killing-a-fly/