Subclub Shooting

from that post exactly. Why is it old news & what is exactly so amusing about it? A man was shot. If you have a link to the story then please provide it.

But the tone of your posts show a total lack of sympathy for someone who was killed. It may be old news to you & "everyone" in Lamai may be aware of it already but the op is asking a question & sources are being verified.

from that post exactly. Why is it old news & what is exactly so amusing about it? A man was shot. If you have a link to the story then please provide it.

But the tone of your posts show a total lack of sympathy for someone who was killed. It may be old news to you & "everyone" in Lamai may be aware of it already but the op is asking a question & sources are being verified.

are our posts now required to show sympathy? :) ...guess I missed that in rules :D

are our posts now required to show sympathy? :) ...guess I missed that in rules :D

Has nothing to do with rules, it has all to do with common sense & decency.

Manners and decency are free and not governed by rules, some us are blessed with bountiful supplies of such virtues, where as some of us are not... I guess.

Just how the hel_l did you get to that conclusion from adding a smiley to the end of a sentence, implying its old news.

I support your rights 100 percent. And your earlier comment has the benefit of being correct, it is old news. However, people are still discussing it as I heard on my return after being away for a week.

The twist I hear is that this incident started in Soi Green Mango in Chaweng and the person in question was brought to Lamai to "finish him," in the words of one. Hearsay has it that he was shooting off his mouth, drunk, and deeply offended a gang boss and ate lead for it. I said that it seems far-fetched to off someone for just drunk talk, but I was assured that things that happen between Thais here (re violence) are not "translatable" to foreigners and what seems excessive to us may have different weight for Thais.

I want to mention something else, in defense of brzy. We feel compassion for the injury or death of those we are familiar with. We feel naturally less when the person is one we do not know. Were you moved on hearing that Leszek Kołakowski died today? What about Otto Heino? (And these are "notable" people.)

I will not apologize for being flippant about the death of a person who is anonymous to me (we don't even have a name here yet). I'm not even sure that putting a smiley face at the end of the line, "Old news" actually has any meaning at all; certainly it is nothing to fuss over.

According to the US Census Bureau, 108 people on average die EVERY MINUTE in the world. No sane person really cares about these people; I don't see "manners and decency," having anything to do with how a person might think of the two people who just died in the last SECOND somewhere.

Just how the hel_l did you get to that conclusion from adding a smiley to the end of a sentence, implying its old news.

I support your rights 100 percent. And your earlier comment has the benefit of being correct, it is old news. However, people are still discussing it as I heard on my return after being away for a week.

The twist I hear is that this incident started in Soi Green Mango in Chaweng and the person in question was brought to Lamai to "finish him," in the words of one. Hearsay has it that he was shooting off his mouth, drunk, and deeply offended a gang boss and ate lead for it. I said that it seems far-fetched to off someone for just drunk talk, but I was assured that things that happen between Thais here (re violence) are not "translatable" to foreigners and what seems excessive to us may have different weight for Thais.

I want to mention something else, in defense of brzy. We feel compassion for the injury or death of those we are familiar with. We feel naturally less when the person is one we do not know. Were you moved on hearing that Leszek Kołakowski died today? What about Otto Heino? (And these are "notable" people.)

I will not apologize for being flippant about the death of a person who is anonymous to me (we don't even have a name here yet). I'm not even sure that putting a smiley face at the end of the line, "Old news" actually has any meaning at all; certainly it is nothing to fuss over.

According to the US Census Bureau, 108 people on average die EVERY MINUTE in the world. No sane person really cares about these people; I don't see "manners and decency," having anything to do with how a person might think of the two people who just died in the last SECOND somewhere.

I think brzy, is able to defend himself. He doesn/t need a public defender to do it for him.

Some of your comments are flippant as you might say & irrelevant & at the end of the day, way off topic.

Can we please get back to the topic at hand.

Thank goodness for the edit button :)

Yes I do thank God for edit button sometimes,especially when people are trying very hard to be a nuisance.

5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.

Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Now many ways of doing this & to be honest gets tiresome at times.

Rooo:

I think brzy, is able to defend himself. He doesn/t need a public defender to do it for him.

I'm sorry, I thought this was an open forum for all to express their opinions. That mine happens to coincide with another poster upsets you. Accept my apologies. I will try to figure out how better to post in the future.

And, if you read the first part of my previous post, I was spot on topic.

And as far as trolling, "I think brzy, is able to defend himself. He doesn/t need a public defender to do it for him," begs for a reply, does it not?

The mirror works both ways....

Edited by Mark Wolfe

And we will stop the off-topic posting as well. Thanks. It smacks of baiting and trolling, to my eye.

Since it appears to me that members here are unwilling to take the time to find a Thai newspaper and post this information but rather, turn it into yet another long winded off topic debate on something or other, I really see no need to keep for this thread.

Unless of course, someone has some news to contribute???

The question is, can a thread be viable if it simply states hearsay and opinion on an incident that has not been (and may not be) covered in media?

Example: I heard someone's dog was stolen. I know this to be true from all the chatter on the street, but don't know the details. Is the thread, "Dog theft," to be closed or suspended because hard facts are not immediately forthcoming?

It seems to me that most threads contain a great deal of hearsay, let alone speculation.

This is not a moderation question, it is a query on what the rule, in this gray area, might be.

The question is, can a thread be viable if it simply states hearsay and opinion on an incident that has not been (and may not be) covered in media?

Example: I heard someone's dog was stolen. I know this to be true from all the chatter on the street, but don't know the details. Is the thread, "Dog theft," to be closed or suspended because hard facts are not immediately forthcoming?

It seems to me that most threads contain a great deal of hearsay, let alone speculation.

This is not a moderation question, it is a query on what the rule, in this gray area, might be.

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Closed :)