Changing Reporting Area For Retirement Extension

I live in Phitsanulok and now have to go to Nan to get the yearly retirement extension. Phitsanulok is 300 Kilometers from Nan. Tak is 140 Kilometers from Phitsanulok. A much easier drive. Can I change to reporting at Tak, and how can I do this?

Edit: email removed. remember that posting an email adresses is not allowed under our forum rules as it can ause spam being send to that address - mario2008

There are rumours of an immigration office being opend in either Pitsanulok, Petchaboon or Nakohon Sawan. As said, this are only rumours, but check when you are up for your extension next year. As for now, you can only do it in Nan.

There are rumours of an immigration office being opend in either Pitsanulok, Petchaboon or Nakohon Sawan. As said, this are only rumours, but check when you are up for your extension next year. As for now, you can only do it in Nan.

Phitsanulok would be the logical place, that's if logic ever came into the equation -- Phitsanulok airport is destined to be an international airport - already constructed and sitting there waiting for the big day while in the meantime it is deteriorating which is not unexpected owing to the usual lousy workmanship that went into it's construction. So lets not hold our breath.

I too live in Phitsanulok and I had to drive to Nan for my visa extension, this year. Not a pleasant drive. The town is OK,the hotels are not too good. Old and still a thousand bht for one and 8oo for the other.

You would think Phitsaulok would be a logical choice for an immigration office.

Phitsanulok would be the logical place, that's if logic ever came into the equation -- Phitsanulok airport is destined to be an international airport - already constructed and sitting there waiting for the big day while in the meantime it is deteriorating which is not unexpected owing to the usual lousy workmanship that went into it's construction. So lets not hold our breath.

I intend coming to Thailand at the end of the year on a retirement visa. But based on Samui, i want to spend about 3 months driving to the north then Issan before returning to Samui.

Will there be a problem with this.