Rockwool

PhuketBiker

Hi.

Does anyone here happen to know where I might get hold of some high temperature (300+ deg. C) resistant rockwool (preferably, but not necessarily, in Phuket)? I have been looking around for a while now, but the only stuff I can find is the kind which you put over your ceiling to keep cool, and that's not good enough for my project.

I am also looking for some muriatic (aka hydrochloric) acid. Anyone know of a well stocked chemical supply shop in the Phuket City area?

Thanks

Hi.

Does anyone here happen to know where I might get hold of some high temperature (300+ deg. C) resistant rockwool (preferably, but not necessarily, in Phuket)? I have been looking around for a while now, but the only stuff I can find is the kind which you put over your ceiling to keep cool, and that's not good enough for my project.

I am also looking for some muriatic (aka hydrochloric) acid. Anyone know of a well stocked chemical supply shop in the Phuket City area?

Thanks

Homepro, similar to Rocwool.

Homepro, similar to Rocwool.

Already been to HomePro, HomeWorks etc. They don't have the high-temperature stuff.

I know the stuff you're looking for, I remember it being used for insulation for hot water systems, stoves and the like. If you Google the manufacturers of these items you might get a lead.

Hydrochloric acid I bought from Rawai hardware in 5 gall container some time ago.

For both items it would be worth having a chat with khun Chaiyot at Phuket Tools in Sakdidej Rd Phuket town. He speaks perfect English and is a wealth of knowledge on where to find hard to get items.

Good luck.

I know the stuff you're looking for, I remember it being used for insulation for hot water systems, stoves and the like. If you Google the manufacturers of these items you might get a lead.

Yep, that's exactly what I'm after. I found a couple of companies on the net that do insulation, but so far no luck with anything that will take the kind of heat I will subject it to. Not much demand for it, I guess...

Thanks for the tips on the acid, I will follow up on those.