Beer

dttk0009

I've been in Thailand for a while now and I generally have nothing bad to say about the beer that's available here. However, I often find myself craving to try a new variety, especially since most brands here are that of the lager variety. I've looked at places like HOBS (House of Beers) on Thong Lor before, but both times I went half the menu was crossed out and I had to settle for Stella Artois or Duvel, mind you both of which are good, but not really something you can't get somewhere else. Does anyone know if there's any more places like HOBS or restaurants/bars that serve unique beer unavailable at other locations? I'd be particularly interested in microbrewery beer from the US or Germany. Is it possible to import it directly from those countries without facing serious import duties and tax?

Cheers :)

bit out of your terriorty,but there is a large german microbrewery in chiang mai,its a bit like a german bier kellar always full every time ive been.

Where exactly is this place?

Looking forward to a tasting session!

:)

I've been in Thailand for a while now and I generally have nothing bad to say about the beer that's available here. However, I often find myself craving to try a new variety, especially since most brands here are that of the lager variety. I've looked at places like HOBS (House of Beers) on Thong Lor before, but both times I went half the menu was crossed out and I had to settle for Stella Artois or Duvel, mind you both of which are good, but not really something you can't get somewhere else. Does anyone know if there's any more places like HOBS or restaurants/bars that serve unique beer unavailable at other locations? I'd be particularly interested in microbrewery beer from the US or Germany. Is it possible to import it directly from those countries without facing serious import duties and tax?

Cheers :)

Thanks a lot man, now I am craving for Stella and Duvel too ..........