Marathon - What Kind Of Crowd?

Dr. Burrito

Hi, I used to go to the NY Marathon and the Boston Marathon on occasion. Great crowds, great atmospheres, which got into thinking maybe the Pattaya Marathon would be worth driving down to see.

Do they get a good turn out on the route? I ask this since I do realize it starts in the dead of night. I'd like to go, but I do admit to not wanting to be a lone stranger watching it. Something about a big marathon crowd is cool.

What is the state of the crowd for this race?

Thanks,

Dr. B

Edited by Dr. Burrito

The answer lies with the fact that not many in Pattaya get up early enough in the morning to watch it. Bear in mind the race starts at around 4 or 5 am (?) as you can imagine there isn't much of a spectator base. Perhaps those coming home after Insomnia, or JP Bar might be able to catch some of it :)

Sunday morning at 4:02 the LOUD SPEAKER got the runners ready. At 4:30A the first race started. I heared it all real clear from my bed. Did not go down to the race at all.

Later I did see some of the wet runners after they finished. One guy said he finished in 2 hrs 40 min or so.

There are hotels in the neighborhood that do a good business with these runners.

here is a link.

Happy trails

remove xxx

xxxhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q69jHVuzSa8xxx

We got there at 1 pm this afternoon ,even the stalls had gone ,but there were a few little boys with their numbers proudly pinned to their backs (which i thaught was a bit harsh ,their mums could have pinned them to their shirts :) )