New Visa Debit Card

I am British and will be returning to Thailand next month.

I already hold a deposit savings account with Bank of Ayudhya but since being in the UK (Father ill) my visa debit electron card has expired which means I will need a new one.

My question is, when I arrive at Bank of Ayudhya, will I be able to get the new visa debit card as opposed to the visa electron card?

Comments would be appreciated.

I guess the visa card have a chip on it and you can feel the numbers. The Thai version of a visa card really is not much use when you want to use it online.

Many of the Thai version debit cards with the visa/mastercard logo are for card present purchases only.

No internet purchases :). Bangkok Bank lets you make secure online purchases if you have their Be1st Visa Debit card.

It has extra security to reduce the risk of someone fraudulently using your card to make online purchases. :D

robertroper

bring your passport with you, the one with the same name as it appers on your card.... lol

ascertain that your signature is the similar too. if they are not busy, you should have a new one in a few minutes.

relax robertroper, this is thailand.... hope your father is getting better.

the new visa debit card as opposed to the visa electron card?

What it is the difference between visa debit and visa electron?

Visa ELECTRON is an earlier debit brand used by visa and issued by the banks. It has since been replaced by the VISA debit branding b/c it concentrates the visa name rather than fragments it. The functionality is the same.