Yet Another Tale From Amazing Thailand

farangconnection

I have been paying 4,280 /month for the past four years. I have had fantastic service with max-net, most of the time.2,500/3900 But now the time had come to cut expenses. I went for the 1,000baht pakage so my customers still had some speed there. I was gob-smacked when I was told 1.000 a month gives 5mb download. And it's true. I checked it after instillation. Around 4,800

Hi farangconnection, am I right in thinking this is with Maxnet, through TOT? Also hope you don't mind me asking do you live in a town / city or in a village?

I've been thinking about getting this myself, but can't see our village phone lines (25 km from the nearest city), being able to cope with 5Mb. Company assures me I will get 5Mb but I don't want to sign up without checking it out first.

Thanks, and glad you've got a good deal - enjoy. :)

Hi farangconnection, am I right in thinking this is with Maxnet, through TOT? Also hope you don't mind me asking do you live in a town / city or in a village?

I've been thinking about getting this myself, but can't see our village phone lines (25 km from the nearest city), being able to cope with 5Mb. Company assures me I will get 5Mb but I don't want to sign up without checking it out first.

Thanks, and glad you've got a good deal - enjoy. :)

ADSL speed depends on how far your house is from the ISP's DSLAM (or switch office) and the max speed of the ISP's line. Not how far you are from the city.

I have been paying 4,280 /month for the past four years. I have had fantastic service with max-net, most of the time.2,500/3900 But now the time had come to cut expenses. I went for the 1,000baht pakage so my customers still had some speed there. I was gob-smacked when I was told 1.000 a month gives 5mb download. And it's true. I checked it after instillation. Around 4,800

Could be the first month you get the new service and then next month you get the real connection ratio, after you tell everyone how great it is that is.  Give us a 30,60 day update.  I hope its still up for you that would be great, but I am taking the other odds on this one, sorry.

From most reports you must have the total MaxNet bandwidth. Reports here is that it is being phased out and coming under direct ownership control (which may be good). The test will be a few months from now when others tap into the 5mb wagon. But at any rate it is a great savings from what you were previously paying.