Gelateria Italia In Walking Street, Pattaya.

surayu

I have been travelling lately and i went to see some old and new friends in Pattaya, in one of our chat one of my new friends mentioned to me of his experience at this famous spot in Pattaya, basically he went there a fews days ago with another group of friends, they sit down for a chat and ordered drinks and food, after have paid they left the place but the staff called them back to say they had not paid, this particular person is the classic guy that doesn't like to have arguments about small amounts, so he ended up forking out twice the money for the 4 people and left....i understand his point but i don't agree with this....

Being aware of this friend of mine experience, when i went there with other friends, i asked to pay the bill straight away and wanted a receipt, the girl at the till at first kind of ignored my request, then took my money and gaved me back the right change but didn't provided me with any receipt, i then told her to look at me carefully and remember that i had already paid for everything and she seems to have understood well what i meant. After about 15 minutes we left the place, but just after having passed the entrance guess what happened? "Hello Sir, you did not pay your bill !", now i have to say that it has all been sorted out very quickly, however, be carefull if you go there, as they seems to be extremely disorganised on this matter......enjoy your gelato :)

I have been travelling lately and i went to see some old and new friends in Pattaya, in one of our chat one of my new friends mentioned to me of his experience at this famous spot in Pattaya, basically he went there a fews days ago with another group of friends, they sit down for a chat and ordered drinks and food, after have paid they left the place but the staff called them back to say they had not paid, this particular person is the classic guy that doesn't like to have arguments about small amounts, so he ended up forking out twice the money for the 4 people and left....i understand his point but i don't agree with this....

Being aware of this friend of mine experience, when i went there with other friends, i asked to pay the bill straight away and wanted a receipt, the girl at the till at first kind of ignored my request, then took my money and gaved me back the right change but didn't provided me with any receipt, i then told her to look at me carefully and remember that i had already paid for everything and she seems to have understood well what i meant. After about 15 minutes we left the place, but just after having passed the entrance guess what happened? "Hello Sir, you did not pay your bill !", now i have to say that it has all been sorted out very quickly, however, be carefull if you go there, as they seems to be extremely disorganised on this matter......enjoy your gelato :)

I personally like the next ice cream shop just a few store fronts away.

The "Great Walking Street Ice Cream Scam". Tut, tut, dreadful, whatever is this town coming to.

The Swampy Duty Free scam has a big section on the Beeb's website this morning. Interesting reading if you haven't heard of it yet. Just search on "Tourists warned of Thailand airport scam". I won't post the link 'cos I don't think we're supposed to do that...

Without a receipt, how about telling us how you sorted it out very quickly.

Hello Tropo, yes basically there are 4 or 5 different girls serving at the place and the one that called us back was not the same girl that took the money, as soon as the original girl realized what was going on she told her friend and they all apologized, easy peasy :)

Without a receipt, how about telling us how you sorted it out very quickly.

Hello Tropo, yes basically there are 4 or 5 different girls serving at the place and the one that called us back was not the same girl that took the money, as soon as the original girl realized what was going on she told her friend and they all apologized, easy peasy :)

hmm...This sounds like a regular operation.

First they claim you haven't paid your bill.

If you argue that you paid (which they know you did), then they let you go.

If you just pay it again because you don't want an argument, then it's a bonus in their pockets.

This is enough for me to avoid the place just out of principle.

Jingthing, what and where's the BEST gelatto in Pattaya? :)

Frankly none really ring my bell compared to the good ones in San Francisco. However, at least Dream and Gelate on the bottom of Central Pattaya Beach get the temperature right. I have tried the place in the OP about 3 or 4 times and always the same melted mess, so I will never go back there. This scam thing seals the deal.

• 6 months later...
Jingthing, what and where's the BEST gelatto in Pattaya? :)

Frankly none really ring my bell compared to the good ones in San Francisco. However, at least Dream and Gelate on the bottom of Central Pattaya Beach get the temperature right. I have tried the place in the OP about 3 or 4 times and always the same melted mess, so I will never go back there. This scam thing seals the deal.

Yeah you right, I tried the Gelato in the bottom of Central in the Foodcourt, he have realy the right temperature and even the Gelato is very good, but he changed the Name from Dream to Paradise Gelato.

I find they don't keep their gelato at the correct temperature. That is basic to gelato. As soon as it is served, it is a melted mess. AVOID.

and tastes like shit, not like italian icecream! :)

I reckon it tastes ok. The problem there is they don't serve small cones and that's how they lost me (same in Tukcom). Not everyone wants to invest in a giant icecream.