Thai Social Security Card..what's It Get Me?

ScubaBuddha

I couldn't find any info about this here. The secretary for the company I work for asked told me the other day to choose one of 3 hospitals because she was getting me a Thai social security card. The choices were Vichara (gov't), Patong (gov't) and Mission Hospitals here in Phuket. I chose Mission since it's the only one that wasn't a government hospital, and after asking around and learning that farang do use it. So my question, which so far have gone un-answered by the secretary, is what does this get me, exactly? Is it some kind of insurance? Where to I find that info on whats covered etc.? I am astonished and frustrated at the lack of info I am provided from my employer, but I guess I shouldn't complain if it's worth something.

SB

the card, if i am not mistaken, is called pra-gun-sung-kom.

insurer is entitled to hospital selected benefits without having to copay. however, when insured selects medication manufactured abroad, insured pays the difference. insured also is entitled to monetary payment after being dismissed from work for a period of time. there are english speaking personnel at pragunsungkom office, am sure they can explain several other benefits.

mission hospital is an excellent selection, my eldest boy was born at mission hospital.

I couldn't find any info about this here. The secretary for the company I work for asked told me the other day to choose one of 3 hospitals because she was getting me a Thai social security card. The choices were Vichara (gov't), Patong (gov't) and Mission Hospitals here in Phuket. I chose Mission since it's the only one that wasn't a government hospital, and after asking around and learning that farang do use it. So my question, which so far have gone un-answered by the secretary, is what does this get me, exactly? Is it some kind of insurance? Where to I find that info on whats covered etc.? I am astonished and frustrated at the lack of info I am provided from my employer, but I guess I shouldn't complain if it's worth something.

SB

May we suggest you try here for answers ? http://www.sso.go.th/en/node/164

Thai Visa Insurance

SB

May we suggest you try here for answers ? http://www.sso.go.th/en/node/164

Thai Visa Insurance

The social security card also entitles u to get benifits in case you have been layed off from your work and you still choose to stay in thailand ...they pay u a monthly salary for 6mths i suppose.Also you get child beifits of 350thb every month after u pay 1 year of social security fees of 750 thb which is deducted from your salary every month.

There are other beifits like a maternity beifit i case ur wife is preggers again ..they pay u every month + 3500 thb after the delivery if its done in thailand and a normal one or 8000 if its a c section

so keep it well and know that no ...the nos will stay the same even if u change the job within thailand