Does Extension Application Constitute 90-day Reporting?

I'm applying for my annual extension (0 marriage) during my 14-day window for 90-day reporting. Once I get my 30-day consideration stamp, I trust that constitutes reporting and the calendar starts anew, so I will not need to go through the actual reporting process while I'm there.

Only when applying for the first extension is it counted as doing a 90 day report. Afterwards you just have to do your 90 day reports every 90 day and applying for an extension is not considered doing a 90 day report. So just fill out the form and do it together with the extension.

So just fill out the form and do it together with the extension.

Meaning just hand the same officer handling the extension application the 90-day report form -- not go grab a new number for the reporting line and kill another 30-45 minutes?

I found out today that it doesn't count, despite the Immigration Officer telling me that it did.

You will see another thread from me complaining that the Immigration Officers mistake resulted in me having to pay a 2000 Baht fine, the fine receipt actually said "failing to notify address" which of course was not true, because I had, albeit not to a second desk.

They couldn't understand that it didn't make sense that after waiting in excess of five hours to renew my leave to remain I would have simply not bothered with a duplicate process that would have probably only taken a few minutes and saved 2000 Baht.

I didn't argue and remained calm and polite, there is no point losing it with people without an ounce of common sense between them.

When I did my extension last year (Nong Khai) the officer noted that my 90 day report was due the following week so he grabbed a 90 day form and had me fill it out as he dealt with the paperwork on my extension.

I found out today that it doesn't count, despite the Immigration Officer telling me that it did.

You will see another thread from me complaining that the Immigration Officers mistake resulted in me having to pay a 2000 Baht fine, the fine receipt actually said "failing to notify address" which of course was not true, because I had, albeit not to a second desk.

They couldn't understand that it didn't make sense that after waiting in excess of five hours to renew my leave to remain I would have simply not bothered with a duplicate process that would have probably only taken a few minutes and saved 2000 Baht.

I didn't argue and remained calm and polite, there is no point losing it with people without an ounce of common sense between them.

I do not know what is going on. When I went to get a re-entry visa (1 have a retirement visa) I was told I had to come back and report within 48 hours of my return to Thailand. I pointed out that I am nearly 80 years old and needed a weeks rest after returning. It seems now that immigration is harassing retirees instead of making things easier for them.

When I went to get a re-entry visa (1 have a retirement visa) I was told I had to come back and report within 48 hours of my return to Thailand.

Somebody is having a laugh with you. You report your address to immigration on the entry card when you arrive back in Thailand. Thereafter you have to report to immigration every 90 days until you leave again.

A couple of years ago Korat imm gave me a new 90 day slip without asking for it, and if I recall, the old date wasn't close to the time I was there.

One way to tell, look at the slip in your passport. It'll either be the old date, or a new slip with a new date. No reason to guess whether it counted as a notification or not.

The first application for extension of stay is made before you are here 90 days so you do not have a report in your passport to check. That is the only extension of stay that counts as a 90 day report. Although a friendly office can make it easier for you by having you fill out a new report at the same time it is not normally allowed (I tried in Bangkok at request of processing officer - but the 90 day report room commanding officer said no some years ago).