• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Ttt Maxnet Today

KhunDave

grrrrrrrr :)

my maxnet so called premier has slowed to a crawl this afternoon, so slow that the speedtest webpage is still trying to load after 5 minutes!!

Anyone else having maxnet problems today?

will be ringing them to see whats up

no problems with TTT today, or for the last few week. (okay, it did go out completely for an hour or so a few days back,

but nothing other than that) it's lightening fast lately, have been able to stream full south park episodes with no buffering,

day and night.

grrrrrrrr :)

my maxnet so called premier has slowed to a crawl this afternoon, so slow that the speedtest webpage is still trying to load after 5 minutes!!

Anyone else having maxnet problems today?

will be ringing them to see whats up

Please let us know what they say....mine is down as well!!!

couldnt get thru on the hotline as someone has already said,

suppose someone "fell asleep" on the job on this thing as well

better look out when we finally get a nuke power station :D

Hi

I went in Panthip last Sunday and got the confirmation that TT&T and Maxnet are now separated officially. Internet will be made by 3BB (including Maxnet as before), and TT&T still has its 2Mb package, but the guy told me that " in the future, they will have more packages...".

3BB has a small shop in Panthip, at the same floor, not far from Chichang if I am not mistaken.

By the way, anyone has tried the 10 Mb package at 1490 Bt ? The only explanation I had is that this is not Premium, but, as we can say, a Indy package x 3 !

Any more information ?

Philip

I went to the Maxnet office last week to pay my bill and was also directed to the Bank. I paid at tesco Lotus - and for some reason got a 35Baht discount (money back on the receipt).

For the last 2 months, my Indy Internet speeds has been fantastic.

Yesterday the connection suddenly went down for almost 5 hours. I phoned my friend who lives nearby and his Maxnet Internet was also down. So this confirmed it had nothing to do with my computer.

The Internet came back at about 6.00pm yesterday evening. Since than, all has turned to crap and now I`m struggling to download anything and even creating this post is a struggle.

And yes, you can pay your Maxnet bills at Tesco Lotus.

Not sure what is happening with TT&T and it appears, neither do they. I do know that they`re whole system has gone to pot.

I went to the Maxnet office last week to pay my bill and was also directed to the Bank. I paid at tesco Lotus - and for some reason got a 35Baht discount (money back on the receipt).

Yesterday the connection suddenly went down for almost 5 hours. I phoned my friend who lives nearby and his Maxnet Internet was also down. So this confirmed it had nothing to do with my computer.

The Internet came back at about 6.00pm yesterday evening. Since than, all has turned to crap and now I`m struggling to download anything and even creating this post is a struggle.

Not sure what is happening with TT&T and it appears, neither do they. I do know that they`re whole system has gone to pot.

I dumped Maxnet a couple of months ago because of appalling service and attitude having tried upgrading, at their suggestion, from Indy to Premier which was slow to nearly-as-slow NARROW band next to useless disconnected every few minutes. But also because of persistent rumours that the company was about to go under.

A move to TOT, however, was right out of the frying pan into the fire since although  it was fine for the first couple of weeks at about 1.5mgs and almost no disconnections, it then went totally pathetic at .05 megs until a few days ago, when it went to a barely adequate 1meg but probably as good as it gets.

In the meantime I have moved to CAT who have so far well exceeded their promise of 80% reliability of connection and speed.  At their suggestion I signed up for their cheapest package 2/1 for 799 a month with the option to upgrade if that proved stable.  It has and so I shall be upgrading the speed in the hope of retaining the stability.  At all but the heaviest usage times it runs Youtube and other video streaming well and in the low volume hours, I can get two to three times the Imeg ex-Thailand speed I am paying for.  

So far, so good but will it be constant and consistent, very elusive qualities in Thailand ?  I will report again to this forum.

I dumped Maxnet a couple of months ago because of appalling service and attitude having tried upgrading, at their suggestion, from Indy to Premier which was slow to nearly-as-slow NARROW band next to useless disconnected every few minutes. But also because of persistent rumours that the company was about to go under.

A move to TOT, however, was right out of the frying pan into the fire since although  it was fine for the first couple of weeks at about 1.5mgs and almost no disconnections, it then went totally pathetic at .05 megs until a few days ago, when it went to a barely adequate 1meg but probably as good as it gets.

In the meantime I have moved to CAT who have so far well exceeded their promise of 80% reliability of connection and speed.  At their suggestion I signed up for their cheapest package 2/1 for 799 a month with the option to upgrade if that proved stable.  It has and so I shall be upgrading the speed in the hope of retaining the stability.  At all but the heaviest usage times it runs Youtube and other video streaming well and in the low volume hours, I can get two to three times the Imeg ex-Thailand speed I am paying for.  

So far, so good but will it be constant and consistent, very elusive qualities in Thailand ?  I will report again to this forum.

are you sure everything is fine as youve posted the reply 3 times :)

but seriously, thats the main reason why i havent gone to another ISP. Ive heard mixed reports about TOT as well, so i will hold till theres some clearer results

im just wondering if CAT is available in my area

in the meantime, my speeds are back to some sort of normalcy as i watched the latest episodes of Big trouble in Thailand without any stoppages, except for part 4, in which theres a problem with the upload on Youtube

are you sure everything is fine as youve posted the reply 3 times :)

but seriously, thats the main reason why i havent gone to another ISP. Ive heard mixed reports about TOT as well, so i will hold till theres some clearer results

im just wondering if CAT is available in my area

in the meantime, my speeds are back to some sort of normalcy as i watched the latest episodes of Big trouble in Thailand without any stoppages, except for part 4, in which theres a problem with the upload on Youtube

Oh that's probably me being a clutz !  It didn't seem to have gone so I clicked away.  Mustn't kick the CAT for that !  :D

The international connection is extra bad today. Anyone else?

I have a friend that just switched to True 8Mb and can't stop bragging about getting consistent international speeds. Anyone using True? I don't hear their name thrown around much, but they seem to be pretty competitive now. 1199 for 8Mb.

http://www.truecorp.co.th/eng/promotion/pr...ispeed8mbps.jsp