Is True Internet Offering Upgade From 1mg To 3 Mg?

steveb

I am with TRUE ADSL

I upgraded a few months ago ( 5 ?) from 512/256 to 1024/512 for about 100 baht less per month :)

I had been told that I could not get 2 meg with the modem I had - er ok salesperson , I won't argue cause I will never win , I will wait till later and just be happy when I first see 1024/512 negotiated by my modem.

for about 6 weeks I have seen my moden negotiate 2048/512 with the DSLAM - this came after watching it negotiate some strange U/L speeds for a week , 192 , 440 , 336 :D

now it seems I get 2048 d/l from thai servers and 1024 for international and I am not paying any more.

so far I have been happy with the 1024/512 and have yet to get it upped to 2048 D/L as I have not the need.

I've had the 1M service from True for a few years now but lately have noticed that the actual speed is closer to 2M. I haven't received anything from them to let me know of a change though.

Yes my 1 mg with True internet, was upgraded automatically to 3 mg a few months ago + the price came down :)

So now the 3 mg is a bit cheaper than the 512/256 service of 5 years ago.

Edit: not 100% sure but have to have 3 items from True, have phone line + ADSL and 76 baht per month charge for a mobile number [never use in almost 3 years] or the ADSL would be a lot more, I mean almost double for 3 m

Edited by ignis

Something is going on as I have 512/256 service but am presently connected at 3072/480. Am sure it will not last but sure is nice - and now at least know phone line will support the higher speed.