Nuclear Power Plant For Chonburi

timsarus

Yes, Thailand can pay off the foreing companies with shrimp.... A grand idea....

But I have to admit when I meet an intelligent Thai, I get a feeling of “hope” and “euphoria.”

Edited by Dakhar

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw an article on the front page of the Nation last week about Chonburi being considered as a site for a nuclear powerplant. Surely this isnt a good idea. What do you think.

OMG who would build and run it, surely not Thais, then we are all in deep $hit!!, run for the hills.

Remember Chernobal

If you had even taken the time to read all the posts, you might not be making statements like this... :)

:):D ...

Lets face it...even if a decision to start building was made tomorrow, you would be looking at 8-10 years before the first unit went on line.....so the OAP's in "gods waiting room" - Pattaya - shouldnt be worried as chances are it will not affect them in the least.. :D

I thought God's waiting room was Fort Myers, FL?

Anyway, the inference that just because I am in MY twilight years, I shouldn't care about the wellbeing of future generations?

Good advice! I don't.

I guess I must have been here too long.

:D:D ...

Lets face it...even if a decision to start building was made tomorrow, you would be looking at 8-10 years before the first unit went on line.....so the OAP's in "gods waiting room" - Pattaya - shouldnt be worried as chances are it will not affect them in the least.. :D

I thought God's waiting room was Fort Myers, FL?

Anyway, the inference that just because I am in MY twilight years, I shouldn't care about the wellbeing of future generations?

Good advice! I don't.

I guess I must have been here too long.

There has to be more than one Gods waiting room in the world...dont think the US has monopoly on that, as Fort Myers would be rather over crowded with zimmer frames dont you think ?, if this was really the case... :D

After reading some of the postings from our senior citizens on the Pattaya forum regaring the "imminent collaspe" of Central Pattya, it occured me, what would happen if this nuclear project actually came into fruition, I could imagine the comments on the Pattaya forum...so what I was actually inferring was that considering the construction time for a typical NPS, certain people shouldnt have to worry about their impending nuclear demise at the hands of Thai reactor operators.. :)

Not trying to suggest our some of our senior members do not care about future generations, but now you bring it up...the average Pattaya OAP doesnt care about future generations in the least, only themselves, based on what I have seen in Pattaya.. :D

i also noticed a certain local trend to keep foreigner collaboration almost "secret" even when all the vital know hows are provided by non-thai and if they really have to mention a foreigner partecipation they try to play it down, as something almost useless....

Yes... and I get a huge, fat pay check every month for my guaranteed anonymity.

As you get older, you tend to lose the urge to tell the world how darn good and absolutely indespensible you are.

After reading some of the postings from our senior citizens on the Pattaya forum regaring the "imminent collaspe" of Central Pattya, it occured me, what would happen if this nuclear project actually came into fruition, I could imagine the comments on the Pattaya forum...so what I was actually inferring was that considering the construction time for a typical NPS, certain people shouldnt have to worry about their impending nuclear demise at the hands of Thai reactor operators.. :)

:D:D

TH

Yes... and I get a huge, fat pay check every month for my guaranteed anonymity.

Same Same...I will wear a zorro/ski mask if they wish to keep my natioanality confidentional, provided the money keeps going in the bank... :)

nuclear power generator plants for thailand?

<snip>

Soliciting ThaiVisa members to visit your website or post an opinion at your email address is against Forum Rules.

Not to post commercial spam or to post any promotional links, URLs or addresses to a member's own business or that would lead people to your site. Not to post URL links to other forums . Not to flood, post commercial or for-profit advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and similar solicitations.

Any member who violates this prohibition will be banned from all forums on this website.

Advertisers are the only members allowed to post links, URL's or addresses to their sites.

This post has been edited to remove the solicitation.

jaidee: thx much for your information on thaitv criteria.

however, //e-mail removed as per forum rules// does not fall into any of your no-no criterian.

it is not a commericial entity, not a for-profit advert, not a pyramid scheme, not a solicitation of business, not a commericial website, in and of itself--it is not even a business entity, neither is it a spam, nor is it a solicitation website....

in view of the above, is it possible that there is a mistaken of different identities here?

awaiting your futher delineation. thank you jaidee.

meanwhile, i shall refrain from citing until your subsequent decision.