90 Day Reporting Question

oops, I extended my Tourist visa last week to the 29th, and just realised that my 90 day report is due on 22nd, but this morning I took my passport to the Vietnam embassy to get visa as I will fly to Ho Chi Min on 26th, I will not get my passport back until 24th. Should I report on 24th or will I be ok without reporting as I leave anyway on 26th for two days and will return on a new visa.

I did not report for 2 years.

then flew overseas last year and it was reset.

Then forgot again 90 days later and did not do it for 2 lots.

Got my visa renewed and they clipped in a new 90 day notice without asking re the old one. Sweet.

Am i right in thinking you get 7 days either side of the due date to report?

correct.

Last year I was two days late - fined 2000 baht. Jomtien office told me last week to renew 7 days before expiration of 90 days is OK.

If it is due on the 22nd and you go on 24th you will have no problem.

If anyone is in immigation on Friday and hears me shouting "lite beer said I would have no problem" as I am handing over my 2000 baht, come over and say Hi :)

Edited by redscouse

oops, I extended my Tourist visa last week to the 29th, and just realised that my 90 day report is due on 22nd, but this morning I took my passport to the Vietnam embassy to get visa as I will fly to Ho Chi Min on 26th, I will not get my passport back until 24th. Should I report on 24th or will I be ok without reporting as I leave anyway on 26th for two days and will return on a new visa.

If you have a "Tourist Visa", why are you doing a 90 day report?

If you have a "Tourist Visa", why are you doing a 90 day report?

yeah this is linked to another thread of mine, sorry, after the first 60 days I extended for another 30, this runs out tomorrow (22nd), however I managed to extend the extension another 7 days (until 29th) as I will fly to vietnam on 26th to get Non Imm B, so I will have been in the country 90 days tomorrow

If anyone is in immigation on Friday and hears me shouting "lite beer said I would have no problem" as I am handing over my 2000 baht, come over and say Hi :D

Have a look at the Immigration Website. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

See you at the football tomorrow. :)

If anyone is in immigation on Friday and hears me shouting "lite beer said I would have no problem" as I am handing over my 2000 baht, come over and say Hi :D

Have a look at the Immigration Website. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

In procedures and notification, item 5. Wouldn't he be covered by the first extension application and not need to go again?

Edited by beechguy

I will be the one in the red shirt, actually there will be more red shirts at that stadium tomorrow than the red shirt rallies :D

Hello you have a tourist visa!!!!!!!!

No 90 day reports for a Tourist Visa.

Ninety day reports for Non Immigrant visas, which you stated you will get on the 26th.

Hello you have a tourist visa!!!!!!!!

No 90 day reports for a Tourist Visa.

Ninety day reports for Non Immigrant visas, which you stated you will get on the 26th.

As he stated, he has a 60 day tourist visa, extended it by 30 days and extended it again by 7 days, making it 97 days total.

So maybe the OP needs to use the correct terminology, 90 day reporting is for Non Immigrants visas, not for Tourist Visas.

Seems that most people and mods here complain when people post the wrong terminology, so why not make a list of terminology as a pinned topic.

So maybe the OP needs to use the correct terminology, 90 day reporting is for Non Immigrants visas, not for Tourist Visas.

Seems that most people and mods here complain when people post the wrong terminology, so why not make a list of terminology as a pinned topic.

oh dear, did the bad man use the wrong terminology :)

I was very clear in my opening post what visa I have and I have made it even clearer to another poster why it will go over 90 days so in this instance a 90 day report will need to be made. not hard to understand that surely, even for a hammer :D

No wrong terminoligy is being used here. The Thai immigration act states that you have to report if you stay longer then 90 days. It doesn't make a distinction between the kind of visa you have.

Of course the OP's situation is rare, as not that many people get a 7 day extension on top of the 30 day extension.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a84562-.html

section 37, sub 5.

As you have plus 7 days to make the report those using a tourist visa will never be over the allowed time (unless on a medical extension) as 60+7+7 will be all that immigration will allow. So in effect they do not need to make such reports and would not be chastised for not doing so (by most people).

I would do so myself - by the rules they can not say you were wrong as you have until day 97 to make the report and if you are not here you can not make the report. I suspect that is why they have the rule. Otherwise the window would be early only (just as used for visas and such) rather than the plus/minus that most in Immigration are probably not comfortable with.

The problem I have with that is the fact that when I extend early or late within the 7 day window, they always count the new 90 days from the date my report was due, not from the date I reported. That suggest to me that they still would want you to do it. But different interpretations are possible.

The problem I have with that is the fact that when I extend early or late within the 7 day window, they always count the new 90 days from the date my report was due, not from the date I reported. That suggest to me that they still would want you to do it. But different interpretations are possible.

In this link Lite Beer provided, look at Item 5, under Procedure and Notification. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days. It appears to me that the first extension applicaion would also serve as the first report, so another would not be due until well after he departs.

In this link Lite Beer provided, look at Item 5, under Procedure and Notification. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days. It appears to me that the first extension applicaion would also serve as the first report, so another would not be due until well after he departs.

You are right that the OP (probably) didn't have to do a 90 day report.

However where you quote me, I'm talking in general. For instance someone who has been here already for 3 years and doing his 90 day reports, but after many 90 days reports now going abroad after 94 days.