Kawasaki Er-6f Ninja Info

leprac

The kawasaki ER-6F ninja was just launched in South Africa.Same motor as the ER-6n.650cc parallel twin,8 valave fuel injected.

Looks the same as the current ZX6.The guy that did the road test had it for about a week,and got to know the bike.Handles very well,and brakes are good,same as ZX6.He mentions that it feels as light and narrow as a 400,and is awesome in traffic,with excellent snappy throttle response.He averaged 19km/litre during the test.When he was out on the highway doing 120kmph,a m5 bmw appeared in his mirrors.He geared down to 4th,and strethed that throttle cable.BM only got past at about 205 kmph.So the bike is no slouch.This sophisticated engine revs willingly to 11000rpm,which is awesome for a twin.He also stated you can cruise at 180kmph all day long.The launch price here would be the equivalent to 370 000Baht.Dont let that scare you,the import duties here in South Africa are very high.

Thanks for the review leprac. There is already a huge thread on it here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Kawasaki-Er6-t244829.html

Actually, as I learned from the above thread, The ER6f is not at all the same as ZX6. ZX6 is a 4 cylinder 636cc, different frame etc, etc. As you said, ER6f's a twin 650cc. The ER6f is, however, nearly the exact same bike as the Ninja 650R, as the ER6f is called in North America markets. Both ER6f and 650R's made in the same factory here in Thailand.

We are all hoping it will be priced close to the ER6n, 225,000 baht, but is it likely to be a bit more because the f in Thailand will only be available with ABS. It will be offered in lime green and candy plasma blue.

Does the price you stated, 370,000 baht, include ABS?

2009 Ninja ZX-6R and 2009 ER6f (Ninja 650R) respectively:

post-70760-1248550889_thumb.png

post-70760-1248550923_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scubabuddha

Thanks for the review leprac. There is already a huge thread on it here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Kawasaki-Er6-t244829.html

Actually, as I learned from the above thread, The ER6f is not at all the same as ZX6. ZX6 is a 4 cylinder 636cc, different frame etc, etc. As you said, ER6f's a twin 650cc. The ER6f is, however, nearly the exact same bike as the Ninja 650R, as the ER6f is called in North America markets. Both ER6f and 650R's made in the same factory here in Thailand.

We are all hoping it will be priced close to the ER6n, 225,000 baht, but is it likely to be a bit more because the f in Thailand will only be available with ABS. It will be offered in lime green and candy plasma blue.

Does the price you stated, 370,000 baht, include ABS?

2009 Ninja ZX-6R and 2009 ER6f (Ninja 650R) respectively:

I have a feeling that as soon as I place my order for an ER-6f, Kawasaki Thailand will announce that they are launching the ZX-6R in two months, at 320000 baht :)

I have a feeling that as soon as I place my order for an ER-6f, Kawasaki Thailand will announce that they are launching the ZX-6R in two months, at 320000 baht :)

Could be. If tradition holds, that would mean the ZX-6R would debut at about 280,000 baht, but be 4 months late. That's IF they started making it here. Having too many good affordable bikes to choose from is a good problem to have. But why would you want one? I think the ER6f/Ninja 650R is much better bike! Taste is a matter of Taste I guess. :D

I found a little bit of evidence, albiet not very scientific, on this website of prices of bikes available in Thailand. Both the ZX-6R and the ER6f are listed with no price yet. Hmmmmm. maybe they know something we don't!?

http://www.motorcycle.in.th/staticpages/in...ycle_Price_List

Edited by Scubabuddha