True Visions Pvr Remote Functions Freezing, An Answer?

daveb1

OK so like other people on this forum I have been getting very fed up with my true visions PVR freezing all the time. Not only on programmes but also on the remote control functions. So I spoke to someone in technical support who told me my satellite signal was to strong! It shows up at 100% strength of signal apparently this is to strong and could be making the unit freeze it should only be 85% strength! Does this make the slightest bit of sense to anyone who knows about these kind of things or is it just a poor excuse! Any ideas. They are sending some one out to adjust it.

OK so like other people on this forum I have been getting very fed up with my true visions PVR freezing all the time. Not only on programmes but also on the remote control functions. So I spoke to someone in technical support who told me my satellite signal was to strong! It shows up at 100% strength of signal apparently this is to strong and could be making the unit freeze it should only be 85% strength! Does this make the slightest bit of sense to anyone who knows about these kind of things or is it just a poor excuse! Any ideas. They are sending some one out to adjust it.

I don't know for sure but it sounds like an excuse for not knowing an answer to the problem, I have always been told that the strength of the signal should be as high as possible and not under 80%

/Claus

Further to my first posting I have checked some Tech forums on other websites and it seems this could be a legitimate problem, its due to a design fault in the PVR and other brands of PVR's as well. A weaker signal strength could in fact be the answer. I will keep everyone posted if there fix works!

• 1 year later...

Further to my first posting I have checked some Tech forums on other websites and it seems this could be a legitimate problem, its due to a design fault in the PVR and other brands of PVR's as well. A weaker signal strength could in fact be the answer. I will keep everyone posted if there fix works!

*Bump*

I know True Visions is slow but it has been a year....