Us Irs Visiting Thailand

FYI

From Pattaya mail 25th Feb:

http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml

The U.S. Consulate is happy to announce that the dates for the annual Internal Revenue Service visit (IRS) have been finalized. IRS representative Mrs. Elizabeth Kinney will be visiting Bangkok. She will be available to provide individual consultations from Thursday, March 17 through Friday, March 25.

Mrs. Kinney is scheduling 15-minute individual consultations for the following dates: Thur.-Fri., March 17-18, and again from Mon.-Fri., March 21-25. Appointments will be available from 7:30 - 11 a.m. and from 1 - 3 p.m.

In order to schedule an individual consultation, please call American Citizens Services (ACS) in Bangkok at 02-205-4049.

Since when does the US IRS give "expert" tax advice?

:D

:D

Here is a true story.

Some years back the IRS and I were having a disagreement about my filing some tax returns.

I refiled the returns in question, and sent them to the IRS by registered return reciept mail. I recieved a reciept for their delivery.

Next month I recieved another letter from the IRS (computer generated) saying they had not recieved my tax returns.

This cycle went on for three months. Each time I sent in returns, I got a reciept for delivery, and then another letter saying they had not recieved my returns. I even sent the IRS copies of my reciepts showing my returns had been delivered.

The problem was that they were getting my returns, but not entering that info into the computer, so every month the computer was generating another letter

Eventually I wrote a nasty letter asking to talk to a human being. I also added a sarcastic comment that although I supported the policy of the U.S. government to provide jobs for the "intellectually impaired" I wished to request that they did not employ them on my case. I recieved an aknowledgement that they had recieved my returns. I also recieved a piece of paper with an exerpt from the government fair employment criteria for hiring workers that outlined the rules for "hiring those with special learning disabilities".

Nice to know who you are working with when you deal with the IRS.

:o

I'm not sure of your theory. 16th Amendment to the US Constitution:

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.