Qatar Airways Ticket Refund

lor

I am not sure if this is the correct section to post in but I am trying to understand the ticket conditions with Qatar Airways.

I want to take my girlfriend to the UK for a holiday. I was going to buy the ticket first via the internet, to show the embassy that she has a valid return ticket when she applies for a visa.

I was concerned over what would happen to the ticket if the visa was not issued so before I bought the ticket I checked the rules. This is what it said on the internet:

CANCELLATIONS

ANY TIME

TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE.

NOTE -

NO REFUND PERMITTED FOR BOTH UTILISED AND

UNUTILISED TICKETS.TICKETS CAN BE UPSELL TO HIGHER

BKKR001 FARES BY PAYING FARE DIFFERENCE PLUS

ADDITIONAL SERVICE FEE USD50.00.NEW TICKET IS

NON-REFUNDABLE. PERMITTED TO REFUND AT A FEE OF

THB1500 IF ENTRY VISA IS NOT APPROVED SUPPORTED

BY A PROPER DOCUMENT FROM THE EMBASSY.

------------------------------------------------

As you can see it says "Non-Refundable" but then goesa on to say refund at a fee of 1,500 baht.

I called Qatar ticket sales in Bangkok, after being passed around differant phone numbers it appears that they have no idea!

What have other members done when they want to take a girlfriend to the UK on holiday. Bought the ticket first or after. The airline recomended buying the ticket after the visa was issued.

Chris

Be careful as UK Visa's actually advise against purchasing a ticket before a visa is granted.

If the staff in Bangkok don't know what it means I suspect you will have a hel_l of a job getting a refund from them down the line.

You don't need to show that she has a ticket when you apply for her visa as stated in the above post.

I did refund aa ticket with Qatar about 3 years ago but i had brought it from the desk at Heathrow, when i took it to the Bangkok office they told me that it had to be sent back to place of purchase for the refund,

Which they did for me 10 days later the money was back in my bank.

From what I was told refunds depend on the type and price of your ticket when purchased.When you book online it will show you what these conditions are for that ticket at that price.

hope this helps

colino

CANCELLATIONS

ANY TIME

TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE.

NOTE -

NO REFUND PERMITTED FOR BOTH UTILISED AND

UNUTILISED TICKETS.TICKETS CAN BE UPSELL TO HIGHER

BKKR001 FARES BY PAYING FARE DIFFERENCE PLUS

ADDITIONAL SERVICE FEE USD50.00.NEW TICKET IS

NON-REFUNDABLE. PERMITTED TO REFUND AT A FEE OF

THB1500 IF ENTRY VISA IS NOT APPROVED SUPPORTED

BY A PROPER DOCUMENT FROM THE EMBASSY.

------------------------------------------------

You may have to pay difference to upgrade to BKKR001 rate ticket to get refund if the visa is denied.