Thai Condiments

laphroaig

Having just returned to New Zealand after a month in Chiang Mai, I am of course very taken with the Thai food I ate. I want to try cooking some of it here. I ate not only in the restaurants, but also in the little village food salls.

Most meals were served with the four little bowls of stuff we put onto the food. I know generally wht was in them (chillies, sugar, fish sauce etc) but can someone please confirm for me the actual detail of what is in each of the containers?

Thanks

Having just returned to New Zealand after a month in Chiang Mai, I am of course very taken with the Thai food I ate. I want to try cooking some of it here. I ate not only in the restaurants, but also in the little village food salls.

Most meals were served with the four little bowls of stuff we put onto the food. I know generally wht was in them (chillies, sugar, fish sauce etc) but can someone please confirm for me the actual detail of what is in each of the containers?

Thanks

In most places it would be,vinegar with sliced chile,fish sauce with sliced chile,sugar,powdered dried chile.

Thanks

In most places it would be,vinegar with sliced chile,fish sauce with sliced chile,sugar,powdered dried chile.

Thanks heaps for that. I guess that the chilli in the vinegar and fish sauce kind of marinades over time to give the hotness.

I'll give it a go. I miss Thailand, can't wait to go back next year

Cheers